2014 Ford Fiesta R5

• Thread starter SniperRed3
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Nottingham
The Ford Fiesta R5 is a brand new rally car. I love it. Great to sit in looks good in the mud. Rate or hate?
14 fez.jpg
the 14 plate interior edit.jpg

Oh so cozy
P1013737.JPG P1013755.JPG P1013726.JPG

The Ford Fiesta R5 is a brand new rally car.
Actually, it's not. There are literally dozens of variations of the Fiesta rally car - the RS WRC, S2000, RRC, R5, R34, R3T, R2 and so on - with only minor differences between them to comply with each of the classifications of rally car. Of all the variations, the R5 has the most in common with its parent model, the Fiesta RS WRC. It was built by M-Sport as a prototype of the Group R regulations that were introduced in 2012.

This is the R5+ It's new for the 2014 season and has a smaller air restriction plate than the R5.
It came 2nd to the Ford Focus WRC on that rally.

This is the R5+ It's new for the 2014 season and has a smaller air restriction plate than the R5.
I'd hardly call that "new". It's just an R5 with a different restrictor plate. And the R5 is basically an RS WRC with a few control parts.

We're now getting into GT territory, with 40,000 variations of the Nissan Skyline and no discernable differences between them.

It came 2nd to the Ford Focus WRC on that rally.

So basically, its a variant with no visible differences. Not really new so much as it is a 2014 upgrade.

It means it's more suited to lower rally championships, that's why I made a thread about it because they are becoming more popular in the Uk

It means it's more suited to lower rally championships
R5 is suitable for everything up to WRC-2, and it is widely believed that it will replace the WRC from 2017. Rallying is currently a mess of dozens of categories, so the entire system is being overhauled and replaced by Group R. If the R5+ was really that different to the R5, it would be reclassified as R3T.

Back