2014 Replicating the GT Academy rounds

Guys, Do you think possible replicate the exact conditions of the final round?

I know the track (Spa), the car (GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13) and the tyres (Racing Hard), but nothing more.

Any ideas?

Guys, Do you think possible replicate the exact conditions of the final round?

I know the track (Spa), the car (GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13) and the tyres (Racing Hard), but nothing more.

Any ideas?
Time was set at 16:30 (without change) and constant weather. Other than that - you'll just have to be honest with yourself regarding where the cones were placed and not going outside the track boundaries. The car is setup the same when you win or purchase it compared to its setup during round 4 of the academy.

I'm afraid that even with the correct car, tyres, time of day and weather, you won't be able to get it exactly the same as the final round. For example, it was possible go flat-out though Eau Rouge in the final round, at least if you were using a wheel. In practice mode, it cannot be done.

I'm afraid that even with the correct car, tyres, time of day and weather, you won't be able to get it exactly the same as the final round. For example, it was possible go flat-out though Eau Rouge in the final round, at least if you were using a wheel. In practice mode, it cannot be done.

Really? Didn't seem to have an issue with it.....

That's if you're offline doing it, offline has more grip like how the Acedemy was done. But online, there's less grip and you cannot do it.
Well, I know you are fast - so at this point I will take your word for it - but I'll have to boot up and try an online lobby, seems odd that it cannot be done....

Well, I know you are fast - so at this point I will take your word for it - but I'll have to boot up and try an online lobby, seems odd that it cannot be done....

I've already tried it with some friends, even with RM tires I don't think it can be done. Unless it's offline.

It can't be done offline either.

I wanna practice the nissan 370z academy edition, Is there any way to do that now that the entries are closed?

Are you referring to round 2, which used a 370Z with GT Academy branding at Apricot Hill?

If so, your best bet is to buy a stock Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (it's basically the same car), fit comfort soft tyres, and run it on Apricot Hill in arcade mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

You've always had less grip online than anything else, and arcade always had a bit less grip than time trial events as well. Ever since GT5 too. Idk why, it's just how it works. I can go do a lap for a time trial... But if I do it online I'll be atleast a second or more slower. :)

You've always had less grip online than anything else, and arcade always had a bit less grip than time trial events as well. Ever since GT5 too. Idk why, it's just how it works. I can go do a lap for a time trial... But if I do it online I'll be atleast a second or more slower. :)
I think he's talking about taking Eau Rouge flat.

I've just posted a thread asking for accurate cars, track and set-up for all 4 academy races. Wardez needs to read better as he has directed me here claiming I should of searched before posting. This thread so far only relates to the final round!

I've just posted a thread asking for accurate cars, track and set-up for all 4 academy races. Wardez needs to read better as he has directed me here claiming I should of searched before posting. This thread so far only relates to the final round!

I read it fine. I directed you here so we could keep similar questions together in one thread. It'll make things easier in the long run.

So go ahead and discuss what the three other rounds here, I've changed the thread title to reflect this aim.

Back