2014 Super GT Possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rouward
  • 20 comments
  • 1,812 views
Messages
79
Philippines
Philippines
Messages
rouward
One reason why I bought GT6 is because my friend told me there will be Super GT series to be include in the future, either free update or paid DLC, he told me before the release of GT6. What I'm looking forward are the Itashas like GSR Miku (Stock Z4 GT3 is already included) and Love Live livery (dunno what car is that 'cause I'm not familiar to Super GT series) and I want to drive every car specially Itashas! I'm willing to buy that if it's true!
 
Dis%2Bgon%2Bb%2Bgud.gif
 
One reason why I bought GT6 is because my friend told me there will be Super GT series to be include in the future
Your friend told you incorrect information.

The Love Live car is the Pacific Porsche. ;)
 
The only new Super GT from GT6 are BR-Z GT300, some HSV-010s and base models of GT-R, NSX, HSV-010, BR-Z, RX-7, Garaiya, Supra, SC430 and IS.
 
After having watched the 1000km Suzuka it would be great to get the new 2014 cars, specifically the gorgeous Petronas Lexus RC-F, and it's possible we could see a couple.

Your friend seems to have made an assumption though and I wouldn't get my hopes up of getting all cars. Not going to happen.
 
Last edited:
hopefully after watching the Suzuka race when Radio Leman called it for youtube live stream the new cars look great id also like to see the 2014 DTM but we'll most likely to see 2014 SuperGT in GT7
 
I've become a very big fan of the GT300 and GT500 series of cars thanks to Gran Turismo. Admittedly, I didn't really know anything about the JGTC from back in the day to the current SuperGT series of racing in Japan. The cars are just so cool and they are very fun to drive in Gran Turismo.

I've very bummed out, however, to learn that in 2014 almost all of the cars running in the GT300 division are modified GT3 cars. Now, I absolutely love GT3 cars. From the BMW Z4 GT4 to the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to the Porsche 911 GT3 and Nissan GT-R GT3. But those cars have almost completely taken over the GT300 class which means we are losing a lot of the fun GT300 cars we've come to know and love. GT3 cars are not lacking series to race in. I'm sure it's a financial decision, but I think it has taken away from the heritage of the division.

Another thing that has really bummed me out is the death of the Honda HSV-010 GT which is arguably my favorite car to drive in Gran Turismo. I wish they would have just turned that vehicle into the next generation NSX. Maybe that's a moronic statement. Maybe the new Honda NSX-GT has more in common with the older NSX series of cars and therefore belongs in the stable. I know the HSV-010 GT was given serious leeway since it wasn't based on a production model car, but I think Honda killed something very special.

Anyway, I would love to see more SuperGT involvement in GT6 via future updates or Gran Turismo 7. Something tells me that with the new FIA Partnership, that is probably NOT going to happen. Only time will tell.
 
I've very bummed out, however, to learn that in 2014 almost all of the cars running in the GT300 division are modified GT3 cars. Now, I absolutely love GT3 cars. From the BMW Z4 GT4 to the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to the Porsche 911 GT3 and Nissan GT-R GT3. But those cars have almost completely taken over the GT300 class which means we are losing a lot of the fun GT300 cars we've come to know and love. GT3 cars are not lacking series to race in. I'm sure it's a financial decision, but I think it has taken away from the heritage of the division.
Well, from round 7, the "mother chassis" is being introduced. Cars Tokai appear to be interested in replacing their McLaren for one next year, so we should see a 50/50 split. Also, I don't think it's necessarily a terrible thing with GT3's being allowed, otherwise GT300 may have died a death by now.
Another thing that has really bummed me out is the death of the Honda HSV-010 GT which is arguably my favorite car to drive in Gran Turismo. I wish they would have just turned that vehicle into the next generation NSX. Maybe that's a moronic statement. Maybe the new Honda NSX-GT has more in common with the older NSX series of cars and therefore belongs in the stable. I know the HSV-010 GT was given serious leeway since it wasn't based on a production model car, but I think Honda killed something very special.
It wasn't their choice. New rules means they had to choose a new production car, and the NSX was really the only thing they could pick. Unless you want a 650hp monster CRZ. :D

Oh, and I agree about it being the last of a kind. Hence my username.
Anyway, I would love to see more SuperGT involvement in GT6 via future updates or Gran Turismo 7. Something tells me that with the new FIA Partnership, that is probably NOT going to happen. Only time will tell.
Absolutely. JGTC was featured from the first GT game, and I think pretty much every main title has featured updated cars.

About the FIA? They don't have any stakes in the way the JAF operate it. It's something the fans are begging not to happen, since they'd probably find a way to ruin a fantastic formula.
 
hsv
Well, from round 7, the "mother chassis" is being introduced. Cars Tokai appear to be interested in replacing their McLaren for one next year, so we should see a 50/50 split. Also, I don't think it's necessarily a terrible thing with GT3's being allowed, otherwise GT300 may have died a death by now.

Okay, see...I had no idea that GT300 was in any sort of trouble. Thank you for setting me straight on that.

hsv
It wasn't their choice. New rules means they had to choose a new production car, and the NSX was really the only thing they could pick. Unless you want a 650hp monster CRZ. :D

Oh, and I agree about it being the last of a kind. Hence my username.
Yeah, I had read that Honda was pretty lucky to be able to run the HSV-010GT since there was no production model in existence. That's why I just wish they either changed the name of it to NSX and launched a production version or just came out with a production version of a car called HSV, or came up with a new name altogether...just something to keep the spirit of that car alive.

As you can see, I still don't know a whole lot about SuperGT, but what little I do know carries a tremendous amount of respect for the series, the cars and the drivers. I really wish we could get decent coverage of SuperGT here in the United States.
 
Okay, see...I had no idea that GT300 was in any sort of trouble. Thank you for setting me straight on that.
Well, it's in no trouble now, since the JAF were clever in letting GT3 cars enter.

As you can see, I still don't know a whole lot about SuperGT, but what little I do know carries a tremendous amount of respect for the series, the cars and the drivers. I really wish we could get decent coverage of SuperGT here in the United States.
I'm looking to get a dedicated website running for those who want coverage outside Japan. I've told RLM and the likes about it, so they have at least acknowledged the possibility.
 
hsv
I'm looking to get a dedicated website running for those who want coverage outside Japan. I've told RLM and the likes about it, so they have at least acknowledged the possibility.
If you do, please let me know! :D I would really like to be able to follow the series if possible. I've really gotten into the new Tudor United SportsCar league here in the USA and it's nice that Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 TV channels are providing excellent coverage of the races. I get email notification reminders of events that I import into my calendar so I don't miss any of the action. :cheers:
 
One reason why I bought GT6 is because my friend told me there will be Super GT series to be include in the future, either free update or paid DLC, he told me before the release of GT6. What I'm looking forward are the Itashas like GSR Miku (Stock Z4 GT3 is already included) and Love Live livery (dunno what car is that 'cause I'm not familiar to Super GT series) and I want to drive every car specially Itashas! I'm willing to buy that if it's true!
The GSR Z4 from 2012 is in the game but pd took it out last minute, I really doubt they'll continue adding anything from the series.
 
What I'm looking forward are the Itashas like GSR Miku (Stock Z4 GT3 is already included)

Prepare to be mad because the GSR Z4 was found in the code a long time ago, but the car can't be accessed or the game crashes.

But if you want Itashas, you better go get Forza 5, or hope Project Cars has custom liveries.
 
While we're on the subject of SuperGT, could some of you SuperGT fans recommend any decent English language websites that cover the series, talk about the cars, talk about the drivers, etc??
 
While we're on the subject of SuperGT, could some of you SuperGT fans recommend any decent English language websites that cover the series, talk about the cars, talk about the drivers, etc??
Racecar engineering do some stuff, but other than that it's just Japanese. That's why I'm aiming to fix that. :D
 
I keep racecar engineering pinned in Google Chrome. Nice website. I wish it was a little bit more active, but I can understand that it's not Car & Driver or MotorTrend. I think you'd do very well if you can build an English language SuperGT website. You know you'll have a lot of interested people just from GTP alone!
 
Prepare to be mad because the GSR Z4 was found in the code a long time ago, but the car can't be accessed or the game crashes.

But if you want Itashas, you better go get Forza 5, or hope Project Cars has custom liveries.
I'm not upset whether the car was already added in beta 'cause I'm not familiar to vocaloid (but I never hate it).

Let's hope we can at least get their D1 GT 86.
Yeah since there are at least 5 D1GT cars in the game, but it would be cool if PD snag the license for better (if only they want it).
 
I'm not really a fan of the 2014 GT500 regulation changes. However it was entertaining to watch manufactures struggle redesigning them, like when every Honda but one broke down at Fuji in round 2.
 
Back