2014 top finalists eligibility, online vs live question

• Thread starter R0T0RAU86
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
R0T0R-AU86
Just a quick question on this one..

But as you know for Australia and most the other countries, there will be 28 national finalists... 14 from live events and 14 from online.

My question is. If someone that has already qualified from an live event and they are in the top 14 online aswell what happens there?
From what I was reading from the terms and conditions if one person does not confirm their entry it will go to the next fastest... Live for live and online for online only... I am assuming for eg. If MINT_GTR has qualified for live and he is in the top 14 online it turns into the top 15??? Or goes tonthe person that is 15th fastest?? And so on?

Last edited:
I think it will be best to email them and ask. Except... I can't find an email address for them :/ Maybe post to their facebook page or twitter?

I can see the issue though. If someone quals for both live and online, which qual list gets the extra person? I'd assume it's the 15th online, but maybe it's the 15th live first instead? Maybe it will go 15th online, 15th live, 16th online, 16th live and so forth? Or maybe just 15th online, 16th online, 17th online etc?

Only way to know is to contact them though.

Let me know if you get some info.

Cheers,
metal

so what if they are not in the top 14 in the live event but the top 14 in the online event?

and if so how do we find out who is leading the live events?? That way the ones going for a online can exclude those persons? If i make sense... So it really would be top 18 go through if there is 4 that have already qualified for the live event.. Make sense???

Odds are thats how it's done (repling to doodle here)

But the logic applies the other way in a way as well. i.e. "If a person qualifies via the online event, they won't be counted in the live event rankings."

I'm sure you are right though doodle, and it's just next in line via online rankings only.

Cheers,
metal

To OP, atm I can confirm that at least 2 of the 'probable top 14 online entrants' will be qualified through the live events. But it's probably closer to 4 definates atm, with probably another 2-4 or so coming from the penrith leg.

That effectively means that the top 14 online will therefore be the top 20 online (i.e. including those who qualed through the live event).

Just means the cutoff time will be a little higher, and if your sitting in 20th place when the online comp finishes, you will probably get through :)

I went to the robina live qual on sunday. One dude did a 3.9 (he was in the top 14 aussies in round 1 online btw), and another did a 4.0 I believe. The organiser confirmed that someone else did a 3.6 at the robina event, and we know MINT_GTR did a 4 flat. So that's 4 at least that would have probably been top 14 online.

I did a 4.4, so i'd be scraping through if i'm lucky... :bowdown:

The rigs are friggen terrible btw. :(

I have just joined the world of GT planet so hi to everyone :) Just thought I would give you my insight on what i found out at the live event in QLD.

I posed the very same question to the event organiser that was running all the live events, as I was aiming to still put in a strong effort in the online trail, regardless of how I went that day.

He was under the impression that it will go by status of rank for each event. For example, if I qualify 6th fastest in live event and 3rd fastest in online event, then my live event rank will be ineligible and they will take my online rank to nationals. Hence the 15th fastest time in live events rank would be pushed up into the top 14. And vice versa with the opposite scenario.

Personally, I think it should be separate and all live event qualifiers should be ineligible to qualify online. That still could be the case because ultimately its the head office guys that will make the final decision. :)

I will still give the online time trial a big effort because I enjoy the competition and want to bring the best out of myself so I wish all the Aussies the best for the final round and give it absolutely everything :D

^ speaking of the devil ears must of been burning!!!!!!! :P

hmmm ok, i did send GT Academy a Facebook message, so i will post whatever reply back 'if' i get one...

that takes the pressure off me alittle to spend stupid hours bettering my time... Sitting around the 10th-18th the last few practice rounds.... I would love to make it to a national, it will be tuff!!! But i am glad to say my racing is better than time trailing!

in saying that i will still put in the effort to better my time... Wont get a chance to do a live event... Thrustmaster t500 is on the way, just in time for the final round!!!! :D

^ speaking of the devil ears must of been burning!!!!!!! :P

hmmm ok, i did send GT Academy a Facebook message, so i will post whatever reply back 'if' i get one...

that takes the pressure off me alittle to spend stupid hours bettering my time... Sitting around the 10th-18th the last few practice rounds.... I would love to make it to a national, it will be tuff!!! But i am glad to say my racing is better than time trailing!

in saying that i will still put in the effort to better my time... Wont get a chance to do a live event... Thrustmaster t500 is on the way, just in time for the final round!!!! :D
You will LOVE that wheel. Such an improvement, even over the G27..

The live events finish the day before final round starts, so fingers crossed they will bring out the live event qualified list during the final online round so you can work out where you need to be.

In saying that, with all the delayed information that has been released thus far, I wont hold my breath :lol:

Just got a reply, just to confirm.

Hi Scott, Thanks for your message. I've checked this with the team, and if it happens that one of the qualifiers from a Live Event is also in a qualifying position in the online leaderboards, it would go to the next fastest online qualifier. Keep pushing though to get as high on the leaderboard as possible! Thanks, GT Academy Team

Latest Posts

Back