2015 GT Academy

• Thread starter Marius789
  • 25 comments
United States
United States
Marius789
Hello, I've used these forums for a while now but never interacted so im new here. I've been playing GT since the 2nd but I was never serious until 5 and 6. 6 to me is by far the superior in terms of physics and such. I love it. I love it so much I finally came to a realization that in order to be competitive, I needed a wheel. It was time to step up for me. I built myself the wooden rig from isr.com and I just received my new Thrustmaster T300RS last week and I am very pleased with my purchase. I've probably already put in 18-20 hours in 7 days. I also have a full time job. My point is, I am becoming more serious about sim racing. I usually run stock cars and I always use a vehicle in the same category as the others to help improve my driving abilities. With all of that being said, I need help. I am also more than willing to help others who are just as serious or more serious than me. My current goal is the 2015 GT Academy. I am looking for a group of friends who know what they are doing (with wheels, no DS3 please) and are willing to help. I know they will be using stock Nissans (Leaf, GT-R, 370z etc.) and Silverstone most likely (unless there is other news I haven't heard yet) so im hoping our focus will be just that. I am hoping that I can get some replies and friend requests and make this happen. Thank you for your time, hope to see you on the track!

Edit: My PSN is Marius789

Hey mate! I'm new both here and in the GT Academy therefore I won't be able to give you more information than those you can find in here. Nevertheless I am trying to training to participate in the 2015 edition..if you want to add me my PSN is lobsterfede

Wow, a steering wheel snob.
I apologize if I sounded rude. People with wheels who know how to use them have a tendency to be a heck of a lot faster than people with DS3. In order to improve, you need to be fast and have people around you who are better than you.

Thanks bro, as soon as I get back home, ill send you an invite.

Im not trying to discredit anyone. Im just being real. I'll admit, I've only had my wheel for about 9 days and yes, there are people faster than me with a DS3, but im slowly closing in. Closer than ever. The precision is amazing. I just want us to come together as a team to help each other out so we can all have a chance. There are a lot of people who would give anything for a chance like this but they have no clue and I think it's depressing.

Last year i was on dfgt then while at silverstone it was a t500 we had to use its a massive difference just in the 2 wheels and i was useless on the t500. I would of thought it would be near impossible to qualify on ds3 then be fast on wheel when you get there. Since then i have bought myself a t500 so it isnt so alien should i qualify again :)

Does anyone know if there is a big difference in force between the T300RS to T500RS?
Very little difference in the wheels really more the pedals. I almost forgot its static shifters on t500 on the t300 the padels rotate with the wheel.

Sweet, im upgrading my pedals anyway. I would've purchased the T500, but I read that they are not supported on a PS4. Static? That's wierd.

Just a note to those sending a friend request, please include a message within the request indicating the reason for sending a request. I just don't want to deny someone who wants to train together.

Edit: Im still accepting requests so please, don't hesitate to send one no matter what level your abilities are. We can do this together.

Last edited:
Sweet, im upgrading my pedals anyway. I would've purchased the T500, but I read that they are not supported on a PS4. Static? That's wierd.

Just a note to those sending a friend request, please include a message within the request indicating the reason for sending a request. I just don't want to deny someone who wants to train together.

Edit: Im still accepting requests so please, don't hesitate to send one no matter what level your abilities are. We can do this together.
Does work on ps4 :)

guys I have a question please :
I don't play gt6 with anyone I play alone , I race against random people in quick matches or public lobbies and I do the seasonal events and try to be among the fastest by analizing their time.... and I play most of the time with nissans ( GTRs , 370z ) in arcade mode ... is it enough to have a chance in the finals ? ( I'm talking about the finals not the qualification time trial ) .
THANK YOU

Last year i was on dfgt then while at silverstone it was a t500 we had to use its a massive difference just in the 2 wheels and i was useless on the t500. I would of thought it would be near impossible to qualify on ds3 then be fast on wheel when you get there. Since then i have bought myself a t500 so it isnt so alien should i qualify again :)
I have a g27 , is there a biiig difference between the g27 and the t500rs or they are almost the same ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does work on ps4 :)
Oh wow I didn't know that. I just looked up more info about it and I think I still would've purchased the T300RS. To those with the T300, what FFB and sensitivity settings do you race with? Mine is 4/6.

I have a g27 , is there a biiig difference between the g27 and the t500rs or they are almost the same ?

The difference is pretty big. I just moved from g27 to t500. T500 is much more powerful, responsive, smooth and quiet. Also the t500 is larger.

The biggest difference (and hindrance if you've not used a t500 before) is the fixed paddle shifters. They take some getting used to.

On the whole, the t500 is leagues ahead of the g27

I don't play gt6 with anyone I play alone , I race against random people in quick matches or public lobbies and I do the seasonal events and try to be among the fastest by analizing their time.... and I play most of the time with nissans ( GTRs , 370z ) in arcade mode ... is it enough to have a chance in the finals ? ( I'm talking about the finals not the qualification time trial ) .
THANK YOU

You are doing good by doing all of those things. How are you comparing to them though?

The ds3 user will face a rather big problem should he/she reach gt academy nationals, and that's having to use a wheel..

Yeah, so I found out last year. If it wasn't for that I'd have been at Silverstone. Bought a T500 a week later!

THANK YOU

If you mean the national finals, you should also work on your fitness (endurance & core strength), real car handling and motivation. The virtual competition is only a part of the scoring in the finals.

THANK YOU

Assuming they do the same as last year, then it's possible to get through to race camp having never played GT6 before. But if you want to have the best chance possible in the gaming section, I'd recommend racing in GTP WRS, because they will be a lot better competition than random people online, and some of them are likely to be the people you will race at the finals.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/

GT ACADEMY started in late may last year right? Do you guys think it'll be around the same time this year? If so, it's coming up quick!

GT ACADEMY started in late may last year right? Do you guys think it'll be around the same time this year? If so, it's coming up quick!
The first round started on 21st April with 2 weeks gap for each round until fourth round(which times meant for national finals) which started on 2nd June.

Gah! So much training to do until then! I am feeling more confident after spending so much time on the wheel than I did previous years though. I can't wait.
Anyone want to join me this weekend for some racing? I am getting restless.

Back