2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Any GTP'ers going to the festival this year?

Last year was my first time and I was simply blown away by it so I'm attending again this year.

I will be there Friday-Sunday with a friend of mine and will be having the Firebird in the performance car park next to the paddock on Friday and Sunday.

Anyone else going?

It might be easier said than done but try and get there as early as you can, or stay until the very end. Walking around the paddocks with all the cars pretty much by yourself is very very good, you can get as up close and personal as you want, until someone tells you off at least.

Sadly I won't be going back this year, but have plans to go next year with a couple of friends.

Am going with friends on the Friday this year. Have been last two years on Saturdays (first time was when I won a free ticket from this very forum :gtpflag:).

I'll be driving down on Friday morning so will be setting off around 4/4.30am to arrive before lunchtime. Staying near Gatwick airport for the weekend. I'm guessing @sirjim73 and @Beeblebrox237 you guys will be there way before then?

Yeah, I'm driving from Reading so I aim to set off around 5:30 so I can get there around about when the car parks open.

Yeah, I'm driving from Reading so I aim to set off around 5:30 so I can get there around about when the car parks open.

Fair enough, are you planning to be there all day?

Driving there with friends, from twyford (practically next door to @Beeblebrox237 lol) not sure when well arrive prob about 9am based on last year.
Should be there all day but will depend on when the designated driver gets tired (might not be me driving)

I think we should be there most of the day until we both get tired, it'll be a very early start and a long drive there too. I'm sure we could arrange a meeting place.

I think we should be there most of the day until we both get tired, it'll be a very early start and a long drive there too. I'm sure we could arrange a meeting place.

According to the new post added today, GT Sport will be playable on the VW stand (which will have the VW GTI VGT again (I've seen it at Festival of Speed twice and at the Community Event...!), so that might be a good place to arrange a meet (the VW stand is usually in the main car advertising area.

However, I am going with friends on the Friday, so they may overrule me :nervous::lol:

Back