2016 GTP Awards - Friendliest Member

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 14 comments

Who deserves to win GTPlanet's Friendliest Member award for 2016?

• Aero2000

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Cowboy

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Danny

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • JohnBM01

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Ken

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • nick98

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • photonrider

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • TB

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Touring Mars

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
gtplanet-awards-2016.png

Who always greets you with a smile on their face (if you could see it), and warm-hearted messages?

Please vote above for who you think should be the GTPlanet Award winner for Friendliest Member 2016. Nominees are:
@Aero2000
@Cowboy
@Danny
@JohnBM01
@Ken
@nick98
@photonrider
@TB
@Touring Mars

Last edited by a moderator:
Me? Nominated? I don't think I've been nominated for ANYTHING on GTPlanet in my 13 years here. It would be pretty sweet if I do win this one! I try to be respectful, kind, and thoughtful while also having some fun. So I'm pleased to at least be nominated here.

I'm nominated? Geesh. Thanks for the honor. I didn't think I deserved it this year. But I think JohnBM01 is more worthy.

Nominated for Friendliest Member? That's quite the honor I didn't even think of possibly getting! To anyone who has nominated me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

@Cowboy should win though

I voted for @TB as he's the only person on here that has bought me a meal*. :lol:

* Technically his work paid for it, but it's the thought that counts!

Reactions: TB
I appreciate the mini endorsement, Ken. Congratulations to whomever wins this honor, even if it is me.

Reactions: Ken
I appreciate the mini endorsement, Ken. Congratulations to whomever wins this honor, even if it is me.

I think everybody that was nominated is truly worth the nod, except for myself. However, your name stands head and shoulders above the others. I fully endorse you to take this award this year. You deserve it.

I do find it rather weird that @Niku Driver HC wasn't nominated. It seems weird that last year's winner was excluded.

I'm not even going to vote one this one. There's too many super nice people on the list, and many more that aren't on it.

Ken
I do find it rather weird that @Niku Driver HC wasn't nominated. It seems weird that last year's winner was excluded.

Well, I do feel the same myself, but finding the reason as to why that happened is a less obvious answer to the matter. Guess there's no safe spot for former winners... Either that or those who voted for me last year either didn't have the time to nominate my name for the role or decided that their vote should be placed on someone else's shoulders.

Either way, I accept the loss, even if I wasn't really allowed to fight for that outcome. To he who is going to replace me on the Friendly Throne, just do your best to honor it. That's all.

Reactions: Ken
@Niku Driver HC - I'm well on my way to "losing" the Most Helpful Member title after what appears to be 6 years. Sure, continuing the run would be nice but, much like NDSU football, you can't keep winning. Let it go, keep on being you and don't change for the sake of trying to win next year.

Edit: Please do not base your vote on the above information. It was used purely as an example, not as a means for a pity vote.

Last edited:
TB
@Niku Driver HC - I'm well on my way to "losing" the Most Helpful Member title after what appears to be 6 years. Sure, continuing the run would be nice but, much like NDSU football, you can't keep winning. Let it go, keep on being you and don't change for the sake of trying to win next year.
Yeah man. Winning just once, or even being considered for nomination just once, is a huge honour & a sign that you're all good. 👍

Well, there are surely a lot of people here whom are quite cool and friendly. I do what I can here because I love it here. I even try to mostly be unbiased and supportive with the sports discussions. I even make mention to GTPlaneteers' favorite teams and players (at least the ones I know of immediately). Discussing the Gran Turismo series and other games are done by me with kindness and respect. I also am honest with my words. Most of all, I even try to be kind and encouraging for when people have expressed tough times in their lives. I at least want to offer the impression that I care. Most people even don't take compliments or anything too well, so when I offer some kind thoughts, I am not sure if I am appreciated for it or if it all gets passed along like it's nothing. Even people whom had a problem with me or those who I've had problems with, I honestly don't hate anybody. Even the "Depression Thread" I set up long ago made me further appreciate that we are a community and that we help each other like our own extended international families. People don't want to go into sharing such personal business online and our own transgressions, but I look at these as opportunities to offer encouragement to others and to prove myself as a caring person. Words alone will not reverse wrongs or solve problems. However, when you're down, anything to offer hope even for comical problems is a worthy investment.

All in all, I am honored to be nominated for "Friendliest Member." I can be a bit on the crazy and playful side, but I really do love being on GTPlanet and to be fortunate to come across many wonderful people worldwide. I am mostly honest in all I say and do. I may not partake in many of the different activities here on GTP, but I do love coming here just about every day to reconnect with my worldwide family. Most of all, I am rather surprised that my efforts have led to someone actually nominating me for this award.

I even make mention to GTPlaneteers' favorite teams and players (at least the ones I know of immediately).

Don't forget, I like the Yankees, Red Wings, Raiders, and the Michigan Wolverines. :lol:

TB
Edit: Please do not base your vote on the above information. It was used purely as an example, not as a means for a pity vote.

Well you know that someone will base his/her vote on that, you set yourself up for it... Just not me though, it's too late for that. :sly:

Joking aside, while I don't care enough about football (either American or European) to properly understand the metaphor you used, I appreciate your words, TB. I guess it's just tied to my personality trait of looking for a clear answer to something, even when it's not necessary (or when the answer's not there to begin with).

Besides, I don't really know what could be changed within me to make winning this any easier anyways, so don't be too concerned about that happening in the foreseeable future... I'll just grab my guns and stick to them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back