~ 2016 Indy 500! ~ Special Event! ~ Sign Ups Now Open! ~Open 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016 INDY 500

An event known the world over, now at your fingertips....

Qualifying will take place one week before the race.

Each driver will take it in turns to complete a 4 lap race. The starting grid will be determined by the fastest race finishing time.

There will be 4 qualifying sessions throughout the day in which drivers may participate of their own choice.

In the event of a high number of sign ups, drivers will compete in qualification races.

The race distance will be set to 200 laps.

Sign ups are available to all drivers. However we aim to make this an event of high standards, so all drivers are required to have good driving ability and be able to race flat out at close wheel to wheel racing.

Although it has no effect on the game, drivers may choose their engine supplier (Chevrolet or Honda) for the novelty.

Team entries will also be allowed, with the maximum of 3 drivers per team.

GTP ID, PSN ID and Car # must be provided.

Please click the link below to sign up.

Qualifying - Saturday 15th October- Times TBC

Race - Saturday 22nd October - Race Start 20:00BST

TBC

All drivers will use the Red Bull X2014 Standard Car (limited to 700BHP)

This thread is up to initially collect sign ups. More detailed information will follow within the next few days.

:cheers:

Sold my PS3 a while ago.

Watch, we'll never get this race run because the moment GTS comes out they'll shut the servers and tell us to go **** ourselves without even giving us all of the promised GT Vision cars.

Watch, we'll never get this race run because the moment GTS comes out they'll shut the servers and tell us to go **** ourselves without even giving us all of the promised GT Vision cars.
It's why I set up for end of October so we avoid gtsport I don't think they'll shut servers down right away by surely it can't be long.

It's why I set up for end of October so we avoid gtsport I don't think they'll shut servers down right away by surely it can't be long.

I hope they don't shut them down straight away. I mean I can still play Ridge Racer 7 online and it's nearly a decade old at this point.

I hope they don't shut them down straight away. I mean I can still play Ridge Racer 7 online and it's nearly a decade old at this point.
Nah the actual PS3 servers will stay open for awhile, it's only the GT franchise. I think it was a year or 2 the GT5 servers stayed open for when GT6 came out. Then again, its a bit different due to the PS4 development, so PD would want to try get everyone to make the jump so they can maximise their profits.

I'm fairly certain the game won't let you join the track session with a limited engine, I'll test that quick to be sure and edit it in.

I am interested, but I'm not sure on my availability that day yet.
power pen reduction? no that works, hence why we use that for the GTTCC success pen :)

The 'Tuning: prohibited' setting allows the use of the power limiter,
traction control, torque distribution, ASM, ABS, and front and rear brake balance.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/room3
power pen reduction? no that works, hence why we use that for the GTTCC success pen :)

Turns out I'm wrong, kinda shows how little I've been turning on the old PS3. Still very interested though, I like the idea, especially with the wheel, I'll probably be actually tired at the end of it physically and mentally.

Unfortunately, despite having a decent number, running for a few hours with limited drivers seems a bit of a waste of time. However hopefully it will still be ran at a later date as part of the FGT calendar (non-points event) so if you are still interested keep an eye out :cheers:

Back