• Thread starter Panoz
  • 25 comments

Panoz

Just a member
Premium
United States
Wise, VA
Panoz-38

On this coming Sunday, one of the biggest automotive events of the year will take place as the 66th edition of the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance concludes the Monterey Car Week held in the Monterey Peninsula every August.

The Best of Show award winner of the concours will be the headlining car of the event but fans of the Gran Turismo series will keep a close eye on one of the special awards given out during the awards presentation

Since 2008, the Gran Turismo Trophy have been awarded to a car that is desired to be included in the Gran Turismo series.

A close attention should be focused on the feature marques and special classes in this years Pebble Beach.
  • Delahaye
  • Chapron Coachwork
  • 100 Years of BMW
  • 50th Anniversary of Ford GT40 Victory at Le Mans
  • Bizzarrini
  • Lamborghini Miura
  • Two-Man Indianapolis Race Cars 1930–1937
  • BMW Motorcycles
The eventual winner of the GT Trophy will most likely come out of these celebrated classes and will follow the previous winners since 2008.

2008 - 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706
2009 - 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106
2010 - 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1
2011 - 1960 Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster
2012 - 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe CN.0422MD
2013 - 1953 Aston Martin DB3S Sports CN.1
2014 - 1954 Maserati A6GCS Spider CN.2078
2015 - 1952 Cummingham C-4R Roadster CN.5217

Motor Trend will be livestreaming the event live on their YouTube channel Sunday August 21 starting at 2 PM PDT. (Time converts)

Last edited:
Hmmm, which car we won't see in a future Gran Turismo game for at least 5 years...
By the way, we will probably see in this event sponsored by Gran Turismo, the Bugatti made for GT bought by a Saudi prince with on the door Kaz's signature. And we'll see Kaz as a member of the jury of the most prestigious concours d'élégance who awards a Gran Turismo trophy.

That's how big GT is. I think it's crazy. Poly should remember that all this money come from us.

GT winner.png

The GT Trophy winner.

What's the difference between that one and the one that was on the PS3 games?

What's the difference between that one and the one that was on the PS3 games?

The simple answer is that they are sister cars. S/N 0858 is the car that's in GT5/6, S/N 0856 is the car that just won.

A more detail answer is 0858 (the GT car) have went though two different disguises over the years following the 1967 Le Mans 24 (Polyphony modeled the car from this race).

1967-ferrari-330-p4-chassis-0858-right-side1.jpg

Ferrari-330-P4-38251.jpg

S/N 0856 on the other hand have retained its original design since 1967 and can be consider the most pure and sought after Ferrari P4 in the world.

Oh so the one featured in GT5 and 6 is both those cars above, while the car just picked is still completely original.

It's not really, they'd have to rebuild it like they did the Evora, being from GT5 and all.

Well whatever they're doing to the cars, I don't think the 330 P4 is coming back the way it looked from GT5.

It would be logical to just replace the car currently in the game with the car that just won at Pebble. However, given the PD seems to be okay with duplicates, I can see both being in the game.

The version of the 330 P4 modelled by Forza (Motorsport 3) is 0846 owned by James Glickenhaus - I thought this was also the version modelled by Polyphony Digital, but presumably not having read this thread.

It does seem strange giving the award to a car which to all intents and purposes is visually identical to the one already in GT5 / 6. The only explanation I can come up with is that PD feel that the car needs to be modelled in greater detail. I hope that PD are not planning to start cluttering future titles with duplicate cars again, but I would rather have that than a huge delay before we get a 330 P4 to race in the game again. The continued lack of information from PD about classic content is causing my friends and I to investigate switching to Asetto Corsa or Project Cars and skipping GTS

I hope that Polyphony Digital understand that people want to be able race all the cars in the game, therefore they all need the option of a changeable race number and colour. The P3 and P4 look sufficiently alike that only one model is needed in the game to cover the needs of racers and hosts. Provided that I can pretend that I am David Piper racing his BP sponsored green Ferraris or one of the other privateers I will be happy.

8_1968_David_Piper_Ferrari_330_P4_foto_Antonio_Carlos_Moreira.jpg

They've not added one of these for 5 years, I wouldn't even be sure these are coming to the games any more.

Gran Turismo Award Cars. That would be a game in itself. Name it "GT Custom". All those cars in one gme and you can build your own car based on each of the available chassis.

How many GT Awards cars in total since it began? Would make a nice filler until the next game in 2020.

There might be no point getting excited for this, just along with the P4/5 Competizione and other 5 cars.
Just because they photograph a car does not mean they will use it in a game. Often, game companies capture reference images of a car as soon as it comes out, or as soon as they are interested in it, so if they do decide to put it in a game at some point they have the material ready.

There are many factors that determine whether a car will go into a game. There are disc space considerations, licensing fees, the staggering costs of having 3d modelers work months to build the car model, business objectives, and more. The people making the game may love a car, but any one of the factors I just listed can get in the way.

Back