2017 Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters (DTM)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 82 comments
The radio thing is stupid and just baffles me. What's the point of the rule? DTM and F1 are the only two series that make such an issue out of it.

Also, DRS is a disease to racing and needs to go.

The radio thing is stupid and just baffles me. What's the point of the rule? DTM and F1 are the only two series that make such an issue out of it.
If it eliminates certain drivers from getting on the radio to whine loudly everytime someone hurts their fragile ego by bumping their car, I'm all good with it. :dopey:

If it eliminates certain drivers from getting on the radio to whine loudly everytime someone hurts their fragile ego by bumping their car, I'm all good with it. :dopey:
Don't notice it in other TC series, GT, or multi-class racing, a few exceptions of course... ;)

Yay, new title. :gtpflag:

All I care about, is the Shell M4. :D

FB_IMG_1493750766995.jpg

Well, for the first races I have to cheer for Wickens, because Mercedes and my Favorite Football club are joining again for some Marketing:

After that, it's (as always) Ekström and Rene Rast I want so see on the podium.

Hopefully, Wittmann can replicate his reign and BMW will gain the Manufacturer's title.

P90253526_highRes_munich-de-4th-april-.jpg.resource.1491396774808.jpg
P90253528_highRes_munich-de-4th-april-.jpg.resource.1491396477195.jpg

Edit: *OP Updated*.

Last edited:
My favorite color scheme of the series by far. Bonus that it's on the M4.
It's a bit ironic, because I supremely hate the Ronald McDonald colours on race cars. However, this and my avatar(in the metal), look real good.

The race was indeed very good.

Top 7 cars in 7 seconds is pretty cool, as well as all 3 manufacturers on the podium. Great comeback by Audi. Hope that they qualify a little better tomorrow...

The race was indeed very good.

Top 7 cars in 7 seconds is pretty cool, as well as all 3 manufacturers on the podium. Great comeback by Audi. Hope that they qualify a little better tomorrow...
And rain predicted.

The racing definitely improved compared to the past few years but I think the cars are still too fragile/aero dependent for actual close racing.

Jens Marquardt is openly supporting a full transition to Class One.

“After the announcement that Mercedes-Benz is going to leave the DTM at the end of 2018, we promised the fans that we would fight for the future of the DTM. We are working hard to do just that. We are involved in intensive discussions with ITR chairman Gerhard Berger and with manufacturers to develop a viable concept for the future, retain the DTM as an attractive and innovative platform and continue to provide fans with exciting motorsport in a top-level competitive environment.

We support the introduction of the so-called Class One regulations and are prepared to equip DTM cars with extremely highly efficient and more powerful four-cylinder turbo engines and reduced aerodynamics. This would open the door for standardised, global regulations and allow the DTM to drive on the same technical foundation as the cars in the Japanese Super GT Championship, for example.

This concept would secure the future of the DTM, open it up internationally, and make the whole platform more attractive. We would welcome it if other manufacturers followed and would also commit to the DTM.”

Basically what they've been trying to do for the last few years (since 2012 if memory serves), only with more urgency now that Mercedes are exiting stage right.

I had to :lol: at Muller whining about Glock bumping his car into submission.

Maybe don't be a :censored:ing pest whose only use is blocking the rival manufacturers next time.

Jens Marquardt is openly supporting a full transition to Class One.

“After the announcement that Mercedes-Benz is going to leave the DTM at the end of 2018, we promised the fans that we would fight for the future of the DTM. We are working hard to do just that. We are involved in intensive discussions with ITR chairman Gerhard Berger and with manufacturers to develop a viable concept for the future, retain the DTM as an attractive and innovative platform and continue to provide fans with exciting motorsport in a top-level competitive environment.

We support the introduction of the so-called Class One regulations and are prepared to equip DTM cars with extremely highly efficient and more powerful four-cylinder turbo engines and reduced aerodynamics. This would open the door for standardised, global regulations and allow the DTM to drive on the same technical foundation as the cars in the Japanese Super GT Championship, for example.

This concept would secure the future of the DTM, open it up internationally, and make the whole platform more attractive. We would welcome it if other manufacturers followed and would also commit to the DTM.”
Class One is a broken record. Why do they persist?

Yeah, DTM usually wanted to adapt the 2.0l engine from the superGT for 2018 and do a "final" race DTM vs SuperGT at the End of the season. However, DTM factories decided they don't want to (yet). With Mercedes gone now, we might see it finally happen in 2019..

Would the European cars have to stick to coupes or could they use 4-door sedans? Just thinking about Opel Insignia & Alfa Giulia.

Back