UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Am I the only one who thought that penalty looked very questionable?

Regardless, Man Utd did well and punished PSG for their mistakes, and Rashford stepped up in a big moment. They should be proud of their performance.

Right so, Erm…..I'm still sort of speechless!

Never expected that result at all!, The players ran themselves into the ground, worked so hard, yeah we got a bit of luck with Buffon's fumble for Lukaku's second and I'm not sure the penalty was a penalty but I really don't care, PSG didn't really do a lot and were a bit complacent in the second half. Fantastic performance, and an amazing night!! :D:D:D:D:D

Give Ole the job now!

Regardless, Man Utd did well and punished PSG for their mistakes, and Rashford stepped up in a big moment. They should be proud of their performance.

It's not questionable. It is a penalty. But it's stupid because if there's no VAR it never would be referred by anyone. I think they just waited for something because they kind of messed first game.. Also it is much better for money making to have United in quarters ..

But still deserved and great job for Ole. Great matches by Ajax and United these two days.

Glory glory Man United

Players missing for United tonight.

Alexis Sanchez
Ander Herrera
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard
Juan Mata
Matteo Darmian
Nemanja Matic
Phil Jones
Paul Pogba

We went into the match with a 0-2 deficit, brought on academy players Tatith Chong and Mason Greenwood (Greenwood making his debut) and managed to go through to the quarter finals.

A phenomenal achievement. 👍:cheers:

@MUSC4EVER in my mind that what proper United is.. And I really think they should offload Alexis and some other players... I like this Dalot guy.. Huge potential. Probably the best thing that Mourinho did for Unites.

But going with Ole was such a good decision.. Incredible.. And you can see Fergie's signature all over the place..

I would have said ball to hand but then 4 referee's have all said it was a definite penalty. I think it was harsh, but if it was correctly given then so be it. Either way, I'm very happy we got the win.

I thought the issue was highlighted quite well after the game becuase none of the pundits thought it was a penalty, and they pointed out the clear difference in the way footballers and rerferees interpret events. Players and referees should both be ble to see events in the same was and lead to the same outcome, but they don't so there is a clear issue there.

Alexis Sanchez
Ander Herrera
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard
Juan Mata
Matteo Darmian
Nemanja Matic
Phil Jones
Paul Pogba

We went into the match with a 0-2 deficit, brought on academy players Tatith Chong and Mason Greenwood (Greenwood making his debut) and managed to go through to the quarter finals.

A phenomenal achievement. 👍:cheers:
Don't forget Tony Valencia as well 👍. A phenominal acheivment indeed.

Alexis Sanchez
Ander Herrera
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard
Juan Mata
Matteo Darmian
Nemanja Matic
Phil Jones
Paul Pogba

What does last night's result tell us about how much these players are required by Man Utd?!

Solskjær showed his worth by making key changes (subs and tactical changes) at the right time - taking Bailly off before half time was a game-changer, and the fact that the inexperienced Man Utd subs could hold their own against the superstars of the PSG squad was obvious - and quite telling.

Man Utd looked and played like a real team, and Solskjær seems to understand how to make that happen - and, perhaps more importantly, how to do it while also commanding the respect and support of his players... something that Mourinho patently failed to do. Ironically, the fact that so many 'first team' players were missing gave Solskjær a perfect opportunity to show just how much the entire team has progressed since Mourinho - and last night's result will also serve notice on some of the bigger egos at the club that they are far from indispensible...

4aaW5ZT.gif

There's a lot of whinging coming from Paris over the penalty decision. It was the correct call in my view. Kimpembe chose to turn his back and made no effort to keep his arms in. Had he faced up to the ball PSG would be in the next round. Their anger should be directed at him.

Man United are back :). My heart rate went to similar levels as towards the end of the 1999 final and also Juventus game back in 1999, hopefully Solskjær can win it again 20 years apart. 20LEGEND

How fitting number 20 player shoots and gets a penalty from player that should have been sent off in 1st leg before he scored...
What does last night's result tell us about how much these players are required by Man Utd?!
Strength in depth is required, a United squad. Besides player fees are ridiculous nowadays and Man Utd get peanuts when they sell players.

Two big games this afternoon...
Juve are home and down 0-2 to Atletico with Allegri's job on the line. Meanwhile, Man City are hosting Schalke and they are up 3-2 after the 1st leg.

Schalke are being utterly destroyed by Man City tonight - 7-0 on the night and still 7 minutes to play. A total humiliation.

Ronaldo v Atletico. 3-0.

That's him back to Real next season, 500 million.

You heard it here first!

I watched the entire Juventus match yesterday and the result was inevitable. Ronaldo and Bernardeschi were unstoppable and Atletico barely put up a fight. Morata was terrible and I don't think his side even had a shot on target.

This afternoon should be a better match; Liverpool v. Bayern in Germany.

A big night in both matches as they are both 0-0 from the first leg, Barcelona v Lyon and Bayern v Liverpool.

Brilliant night for Liverpool beating Bayern 1-3 away from home to progress, Mane with two goals (the first was superb) and Van Dijk with the other, Barcelona also through after thrashing Lyon 5-1 in another Messi masterclass.

Four English teams in the quarter finals for the first time since the 08/09 season, the draw is on Friday morning with no country restrictions, meaning the English clubs can face each other.

I have a Feeling all 4 English teams are going to play each other.

Ajax would want Utd, Tottenham or Porto.

Porto is doomed tho.

In that other league, Arsenal are going to do nasty stuff to Stade Rennes. 15 minutes in and it's 2-0.

Edit.

Perhaps not.

Edit 2.

That mask celebration should have been a yellow card. Ridiculous behaviour.

And with the VAR 2 goals would have been seen as offside. Derp.

Last edited:
There isn't a Europa League thread?? That's surprising.

Anyway I said before that this is the first time since the 08/09 season that four English clubs have made to the Champions League quarters, well now that Arsenal and Chelsea are in the Europa League quarters this is now the first time that six English clubs have made to the quarter finals of European competitions in the same season since 1971.

Back