2018(2020 in Australia) Volkswagen T-Roc(co?)

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 11 comments
Australia
Australia
VW T-Roc

Under the bonnet
The cheapest, front-drive T-Roc will run a 1.0-litre petrol engine with 85kW of power and 200Nm of torque, but the range will run through to Volkswagen’s still-new 110kW/250Nm 1.5-litre and 140kW/320Nm 2.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engines.

The turbo-diesels begin with the 85kW/250Nm 1.6-litre, pass through a 110kW/340Nm 2.0-litre and top out at the most expensive T-Roc, powered by a 140kW/400Nm 2.0-litre.

Both the base petrol engine and the 1.5-litre four will come with front-wheel drive, while all-wheel drive (via Volkswagen’s 4MOTION system) will arrive attached to both the 1.5- and 2.0-litre units.

Delayed for Australia
Unforeseen global demand for Volkswagen’s new T-Roc compact SUV, a competitor for the Subaru XV and Mazda CX-3, has forced the German car-maker’s Australian subsidiary to push the release date back to 2020.

Despite the dieselgate scandal that has dogged the company over the last two years, buyers appear to have forgiven the brand’s deceptive conduct. Demand even outstrips supply for some vehicles.

Volkswagen-T-ROC-1384-vml3.jpg

Volkswagen-T-ROC-1385-2ubi.jpg

Volkswagen-T-ROC-1397-kcgy.jpg

Typical VW interior: Everything is where you expect it to be, but it's just so dull and bland.

I see this more as a competitor to the Audi Q2. Is the Subaru XV selling properly? I'vy seen one so far. The Mazda CX-3 is pretty much everywhere...

The XV was a good seller on debut. Not so much now with CX-3, Mitsubishi ASX, Suzuki Vitara & Turbo, etc.

What's cool is, it's about 100mm shorter than a CX-3. Yet, wider. That'll make it look tough.

2020, that's two years, ..... two ..... years. :eek:

They should move Australia to the nothern hemisphere, not far from the Portuguese or French coast.

BTW, nice car. Love it.

You better enjoy the availability of compact sport coupes while you can as they seem to be getting axed for sporty compact crossovers instead. (RIP Scirocco :nervous:)

With that said, the T-Roc looks smart but doesn't capture my attention as much as a Hyundai Kona or Toyota C-HR would.

You better enjoy the availability of compact sport coupes while you can as they seem to be getting axed for sporty compact crossovers instead. (RIP Scirocco :nervous:)

With that said, the T-Roc looks smart but doesn't capture my attention as much as a Hyundai Kona or Toyota C-HR would.
True about that comparison. That's the nature of German design. The straight, understated business look.
I do wonder how Polo sales will hold up.

I'm liking this German trend of mixing typically austere design with bright yellow.

LOL shades of murano cross

I cant keep up with whatever nonsense VW are shoving out there under the Tiguan.

You'll find there's at least three subcompact SUVs under that... the Taos is another.

They all do the 950cc two and a half cyl. turbo nonsense with their corporate 7 spd dct running fwd only and the typical cost reduced interior.

I mean... there's such an insatiable appetite for small fwd cuvs?

Back