2018 GTP Awards - Most Helpful Member

• Thread starter Famine
  • 12 comments

Who should win Most Helpful Member in the 2018 GTP Awards?

• Cytoria

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • daan

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Famine

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Maninashed

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Most Helpful Member
We're pretty much all a helpful bunch here, but who goes out of their way to help as many people as possible?

Please vote above for who you think should be the GTPlanet Award winner for Most Helpful Member 2018. Nominees are:
@Cytoria
@daan
@Famine
@Maninashed

I’m honoured to be part of this list but I’m basically running the livery competition since two months for a bunch of friends and my own pleasure.

@Maninashed spend hours creating decals for unknown people, with always reactivity and quality.

And @daan and @Famine , well they are always here for everyone so it’s just another league !

We're pretty much all a helpful bunch here

That’s why this community is so great and I love being a part of it !

:gtpflag:

Why aren't you in there?

M'eh, the quality, and I suspect the frequency and reaction time of his work was easily better than mine, and it's been a while since I've been able to contribute much. I also got rewarded for my efforts fairly early on thanks to daan.

Why am I still ahead of the actual most helpful member?

Because before these awards I had no idea who half these nominees are, since I don't frequent the livery section very often at all I wasn't aware of them or the great work they do and I'm probably still not fully aware. I'd imagine a fair (significant) number of others are in this position too, so for them, as for me, it's between you and Famine, if they do vote.
Sorry for voting for you I guess. :gtpflag:

Maybe in the future there could be a special recognition award for people would contribute great actual content to this :gtplanet:, rather than just be one of the select few who are nominated for this award as a great helper, which by it's nature is likely to attract votes for the people (like you) who help others in many different areas of this site. ;)

Even got a trophy ready.
sketch-1546204163476.png

Complete with errors.

Because before these awards I had no idea who half these nominees are, since I don't frequent the livery section very often at all I wasn't aware of them or the great work they do and I'm probably still not fully aware. I'd imagine a fair (significant) number of others are in this position too, so for them, as for me, it's between you and Famine, if they do vote.
Sorry for voting for you I guess. :gtpflag:

Maybe in the future there could be a special recognition award for people would contribute great actual content to this :gtplanet:, rather than just be one of the select few who are nominated for this award as a great helper, which by it's nature is likely to attract votes for the people (like you) who help others in many different areas of this site. ;)
I have similar thoughts. My choices were between @daan & @Famine because I've seen those two point things out over my time here that were helpful to me. They both cover the whole site, as far as I can tell.

The other two nominees may have helped more people this year but until the award nominations were published, I'd never heard of them. I haven't played any games since GT6 went offline.

It's probably just that the people who look at the awards threads are not the same people who are currently active here for gaming.

The nominations I received this year have confused me in the same way. I think in the GT6 era, I was friendly and helpful in the relevant forum. Now, after my quietest year of GTP activity, I find myself nominated as most friendly member (& most knowledgeable which is flattering but patently not true). It's just a reminder of how subjective and unrealistic these things are. Which isn't to say that I disapprove, I've looked forward to reading the awards again this year as always. They're fun.

The two nominees I'd never heard of seem very deserving (I've very vaguely probed), probably more than anyone, it's just that the people in the GTS threads are not necessarily looking at the rumble strip. Which is great. Everyone has their own place on the site where they enjoy being part of GTP.

I agree with @ASH32 and @polysmut.

I read a lot of sections but 90% of my posts are in the livery editor or phtomode section, so I won’t be visible for most of the people here, contrary to daan or famine which are known for years and active everywhere.

And I’ve never heard about these awards before being mentioned here !

Back