2018 Jaguar I-Pace

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 20 comments
Australia
Australia
This thing is nice.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/2BFDDC20294A4E25CA25806C0021030A
jaguar_i-pace_large.jpg

jaguar_i-pace_main.jpg

Under the sleek skin is a dual-motor electric drive system for all-fours traction and the dynamics of a sportscar, according to Jaguar. A 90kW liquid-cooled battery sends power to the brace of motors for a combined total of 294kW/700Nm and zero to 97km/h in “around 4.0 seconds”.

Wow. I like it a lot. 400hp is plenty, too.

Shame you won't be able to see out the back!

I must be the only one, but I think it looks awful. Jaguar's design language doesn't work well on something that's both fussy and lacks classic Jag proportions, in my opinion.

It's... um... okay...

I might be a little biased on this one, but it does change the two most noticeable issues I had with the Model X. Proper doors, and while I know that we're talking about and grilles aren't necessarily necessary anymore the fact the Model X doesn't look that good without it makes me glad this one does have one.

The production model could do without the extra vents though. The problem the Tesla had with the lack of the grille was that there was nothing to replace it, but the Jag's extra vents are tad too much for the type of the car.

Front is 👍
Back is 👎

Hopefully that will change with the production version because right now, I don't see this being better than the Model X.

Umm what about the XKSS successor, when it will be revealed? Also XF sportbrake?

When was there anything said about an XKSS successor? It simply won't be happening. SUVs these days are where the money lies.

The market has completely changed since cars like the XKSS were around.

Umm what about the XKSS successor, when it will be revealed?
Considering that it was a special edition made in the 50s, they're probably not even thinking that anyone, even including those people who are never going to afford one, might want a successor to it.

There's no XKSS successor planned: it's just a continuation of the original 25-car run. 9 more are being built, and all are already sold. It's a very similar project to the earlier E-Type Lightweight program.

Just noticed that...that could be interesting on the highway or at intersections. :ill:
The people that are buying these cars, I'm sure Jag will have Lane departure warnings, adaptive cruise, blind spot warnings, head on traffic warnings, sleepy eye warnings, and much much more... :sly:

Back