2018 Nissan GT-R "Pure" starts at $99,990 USD

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/11/2018-nissan-gt-r-becomes-10k-more.html

The sub-$100k pricing refers to a new entry-level model called Pure, which slots under the Premium, undercutting it by $10,500, and lacking some of its features such as the titanium exhaust, Bose sound system, Active Noise Cancellation, and Active Sound Enhancement.

2018-nissan-gt-r-0.jpg

If this was a Porsche, it would be more expensive.

I really like this.
And still I prefer the Porsche 911 (991.2) over the GT-R.

So if I understand correctly, Nissan removed stuff from the Nissan and called it 'Pure' and didn't add stuff to the GT-R.

Sounds like the perfect base car to hand over to your favourite tuning company as they'd probably be ripping most of those extras out anyway. Good job Nissan.

So if I understand correctly, Nissan removed stuff from the Nissan and called it 'Pure' and didn't add stuff to the GT-R.
Not sure I understand this. Yes there is stuff removed, but there is likely a market out there for people not interested in that stuff and would love to save $10k.

If I were in the market for a 100k sportscar it would be a deal breaker to have sound enhancement... If you need sound enhancement the company isn't doing it right (looking at you BMW lol).

If I had the scratch I may want that noise canceling feature?

Jerome

Not sure I understand this. Yes there is stuff removed, but there is likely a market out there for people not interested in that stuff and would love to save $10k.
It wasn't a negative remark. It was a reaction to the Porsche <> GT-R post. Nissan removes stuff (titanium exhaust, Bose sound system, Active Noise Cancellation, and Active Sound Enhancement) and made the car cheaper. I'm all for it.
Porsche removes stuff and the car gets more expensive. This is not true because they added stuff to the Porsche as well (I pressume the Carrera T is the car in this example?). That is why I said that Nissan removed stuff and did not add things and thus making the car cheaper.

It very good marketing because as you said, some people don't need these luxury items. I'm one of those people.

I almost want to guess that there was a short in some of the components and they said- 'to hell with it, let's just make this work'.

Not that I'd complain, any R35 is a good R35. Just give me that powertrain, suspension, and chassis and I'm happy.

I remember an year or so after the R35 came out, I saw pics of a base spec/stipper model GT-R. I was like the 86 RC
Toyota-86-RC-1%25255B3%25255D.jpg

It had unpainted bumpers and steel wheel. I can't find any pics or info of it now. I don't know if it was a rumor and a photoshop or I'm think of a different car.:confused:

It had unpainted bumpers and steel wheel. I can't find any pics or info of it now. I don't know if it was a rumor and a photoshop or I'm think of a different car.:confused:
Probably a photoshop. I have seen a few on Carscoops.

Back