2019 FIA Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bduddy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Try to win it in DWG...oh wait, a BLOODY CLIO AWAITS!

dlshearon and Lost Sheltie like this.
  2. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

it will be provided

3. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Nope, you must own it, due to it saying "Car from Garage" instead of "Specially Provided Car"

4. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

That... would be more than a little stupid.

RZQSPEED likes this.
  5. The Cake

The Cake

If its provided u cant practice with tyre and fuel wear...

6. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Really brainless stuff from PD. Specially provided cars are a feature used to save players 35000Cr to compete in race A but apparently not for a 10M car (read: most of the player base cannot afford it) for the FIA series. I would love to have someone from PD walk me through the logical process they followed to make that decision.

Unless of course they have done something sensible and enabled specially provided cars and garage cars in the same race (which would be a great feature without it being conceivably taxing to implement).

But I doubt it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    The Cake likes this.
  7. vvise

vvise

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

[​IMG]

8. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Screenshot_20190129-151442.png Have races changed or is it my eyesight? Or a load of hot air I'm blowing out?

dlshearon likes this.
  9. Patclash

Patclash

10. darth_tails

darth_tails

Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'd better get online tonight and get my first races of the year done.

11. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Stealth changing dates is just soooooo naughty.

The Cake, Dezcom and dlshearon like this.
  12. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

Wow, looks like I'm starting my racing season cold! LOL, that's a surprise!

13. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

Subaru.jpg

The man who drives a Subaru in real life now drives for them in the virtual world. Both lack straightline power and Group 4 will probably be survival mode because of the tire wear. Let's see how I struggle!

SpecMiata-JSW likes this.
  14. darth_tails

darth_tails

I must confess that I hope these dates stay as the regular days, Tuesday and Friday are perfect for me!

Venster likes this.
  15. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

Me too, I like it better than Wed/Sat, but this was a funny way to learn about the schedule change. :)

Dezcom and dlshearon like this.
  16. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Are you sure they've changed dates?

It's now early morning the 30th here, and I don't think there were any FIA races last night.
    It still says "Event Date: 30/01/2019" here, as it's always done. (Oceania)

17. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

So, this will be my first attempt at a FIA race since PD allowed multiple entries. I much prefer the current last entry counts version as opposed to the best finish of all attempts version. But I still miss the realistic, heart wrenching, one shot, one chance version we started with(until I get wrecked and finish last of course)

Anyways, I'm curious how many people take advantage of being able to retry. So on Wednesday's race I will take a picture of the results of my lobby and compare it with the finals standings the next day, just to see how many people from my one lobby retried and if those that did ended up improving their score or not.

I will race the 6PM CT time slot,the 3rd of 5, so it won't be the most accurate since I might be against people that are already retrying from the 2 earlier times, but whatever, just a fun little experiment I feel like doing.

Let me know if you retry just for the sake of doing it or only if you get a terrible finish for reasons out of your control.

EDIT:
    Wait what? GTS App still shows dates for Wed/Sat, and I was playing last night and didn't see a notification.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  18. MPincombe

MPincombe

Sort your **** out PD, how can you **** up stuff so much? Great game, absolute mongs behind it

19. darth_tails

darth_tails

Well I am on GT Sport site just now and it shows the 29th for me in the UK.

20. NaketWookie

NaketWookie

yeah, mine too.
    Germany, just came home... "Start Today"

????

21. darth_tails

darth_tails

Hopefully PD will clear this up soon! I keep my fingers crossed they say it's Tuesday/Friday from now on!

22. Patclash

Patclash

Maybe a hack of granturismo. com ?

23. darth_tails

darth_tails

Someone who is playing needs to check the game and see if the event is open on the game Sport Mode. It seems they updated the whole
    calendar so if it is a hack it's been done well..

24. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Hey, I could be wrong.
    But where are the Oceania drivers talking about their first round races if the schedule has been changed to the 29th?
    As I say, it's now the 30th.

I don't know for certain as I didn't have GT running last night.
    But all the schedules I look at on my PC still say opening on the 30th, ie. 15 hours from now until first race.

Is no-one actually on GT at the moment that can confirm races start in a few hours instead of relying on the website?
    Here in Oceania, in game, the first race hasn't been run and is tonight.

25. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

A buddy in our Discord channel checked in game, and it starts today. Game on!

vvise likes this.
  26. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

I guess they missed the boat since it looks like PD just made this change overnight after you Oceania folks crossed the space time continuum into the future :D

On another note, why do you guys only have 3 time slots for the FIA events and the other 2 regions get 5?

The Cake likes this.
  27. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

28. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

:lol:

Yeh, I'm confused.
    All I know is that on my decktop PC, and not signed in, all gran-turismo.com sites around the different regions still tell me the first race is on the 30th.
    And in game here, the clock is ticking down and shows 14 hours until being able to enter Race 1 of Season 1.

I guess it's simply a matter of user-base numbers.
    PD's Australia/New Zealand participation numbers probably tells them that 5 race time-slots may thin the field too much.

HERE4BEER3 likes this.
  29. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

It probably did not change for you guys then, which makes sense since they would have changed it "back in time" for you guys and you would have missed it. Still very odd they changed it last minute though, but okay.

If it stays Tues/Fri I'd be happy. In the summer I have a prior commitment Wednesdays(softball) which kept me from competing all summer up until the final season, luckily.

30. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

PD right now
    [​IMG]

VeeDoubleU likes this.