2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Undecided whether I will bother with this race, seems like the Viper is so slow it may not be worthwhile.

Can’t see any Vipers above, are they all languishing at the back?!

Understandable as they are so slow since the BOP change!

For those who are still going to enjoy their race and need a bit of music:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1M6ufiKdOvJa8ber4E7qZG?si=VVFc45n-SzCrhIJN5L77XA

Daddy's Car by Eno
Shooting Stars by Bag Raiders
Take the World by She wants revenge
Pacifica by Appliance
Rearviewmirror by Pearl Jam

The theme of the race is tyre management so cruising is a must at some point!

If you cross the line before the music is over you will have done so in 24:18 total!

Last edited:
For those who are still going to enjoy their race and need a bit of music:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1M6ufiKdOvJa8ber4E7qZG?si=VVFc45n-SzCrhIJN5L77XA

Daddy's Car by Eno
Shooting Stars by Bag Raiders
Take the World by She wants revenge
Pacifica by Appliance
Rearviewmirror by Pearl Jam

The theme of the race is tyre management so cruising is a must at some point!

If you cross the line before the music is over you will have done so in 24:18 total!
Not sure Rearviewmirror is a good song for the end of the race, especially one with tyre management like this

And for the avoidance of doubt, the Gr.4 GT-R is the worst car in its class for tyre wear. Lost Sheltie (I think) proved it once with a test.

Last edited:
Not sure Rearviewmirror is a good song for the end of the race, especially one with tyre management like this

And for the avoidance of doubt, the Gr.4 GT-R is the worst car in its class for tyre wear. Lost Sheltie (I think) proved it once with a test.

do not rule out the Peugeot gr 4, got over 50% wear on the front right in my test races, no matter how carefull i drove.

But what cars are concidered as best in tyrewear at the moment?

Well I rage quit again, what a joke. Kept getting shoved back by cars who had pitted, yes I was slow so they could pass, but why bother even trying to pass when shoving someone out of the way is easier and faster. Till they change something I'm done, hardly doing dailies because of this and not wasting my time trying to be competitive in FIA if this is the level of competition.

Finished 9th for 100 points.
Shoddy qualifying and started 17th. Made up 5-6 positions in the first lap or so due to collisions. Race settled down and moved up some more slots with people pitting. Towards the end a few of those who pitted came back and passed me.
Happy enough with the result considering the starting position, but my previous races were both 105 points, so guess I may as well go again

I honestly feel like crying :( I’m so upset. Wasn’t going to enter this race but decided to give it a go. In with @stpatty and @LVS_1986

Just about to cross the finish line to start the final lap... @stpatty leading the race, myself in 3rd, @LVS_1986 in 4th...

7AABCF76-E46C-4075-88E1-5ED4BEC33E0F.jpeg

Feel sick.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210317164124.jpg

I no-stopped. Got beat by a Peugeot who stopped. I managed to hold him off on lap 24, I couldn't do anything by lap 25, finished 0.8 behind. I had an absolute stinker of a first lap too, completely off the track at the hairpin. That cost me the win.

Gutted for @xxPinkyKissxx though, I wondered what happened to your name when the standings came up at the end.

Last edited:
Well I rage quit again, what a joke. Kept getting shoved back by cars who had pitted, yes I was slow so they could pass, but why bother even trying to pass when shoving someone out of the way is easier and faster. Till they change something I'm done, hardly doing dailies because of this and not wasting my time trying to be competitive in FIA if this is the level of competition.
keep trying. Don't let them win. You are better than that

20210317_170636.jpg
Get in there! First slot in EMEA.

Qualified pole (getting OK at catching a slip) but there was less than second between top 13 so expected a fight. I was surprised at how quick the next 3 were in the early laps, they were really pushing me. So I let the first 2 pass and tried to stay in the slip. Ran wide at turn 4 on about lap 9 and that left me 4th with a big gap to 5th.

About lap 14/15 I noticed 3rd (also a Scirocco) starting to get out shape. Maybe i was better on tyres? Then on lap 17 they all pitted, they were on softs!

That gave a me a 7 second lead that grew to 8 and then, as my front tyres started to shred, I nursed it for the last 3 laps for a 5.5 second win!!

That nets you 80 points in low B/S apparently.

The Scirocco was rough on the front tyres as you would expect, even with BB +5. I do drive it like I stole it mind you:lol:

The guys who pitted were a Scirocco, TT and and an Atenza (which is AWD?), they all shredded their softs.

They were cool in the post match chat. I expect all 3 will go again and try the no stopper.

I, on the other hand, am done for the day:cheers:

Last edited:
Manufacturers - Sardegna C Gr.4

Race 1 was a nightmare, as I crashed out thrice at the left before the esses, finishing 15th. Naturally, I went again.

HoYlGcr.jpg

Strategy: Medium No-stop, BB+1

Race 2 matched me with @SmellMyCheese as well as a much weaker lobby. I qualified 4th, a good 6 places ahead of where I started in Race 1.

I was briefly up to 3rd after the black Alfa ahead overestimated their grip into the left before the esses, before dropping back down to 4th after the red NSX passed me on the inside to chase after @SmellMyCheese and the polesitter RCZ.

k9d66xY.jpg

I would spend the first half of the race holding 4th while everyone else behind were fighting each other. While I would get promoted to 3rd after the RCZ's attempt at forcing the NSX into the pits backfired hard, I would gradually drop down the order from lap 18 onwards as tyre wear got the better of me. A Rowe M4 did not help matters on lap 19, as they tried to get alongside me through the esses, only to go off onto the grass and torpedo me wide at the final hairpin.

rM8zcMl.jpg
YQeqRUH.jpg
zDWBZQF.jpg

I was able to keep 5th via cutback, but the move put me out of contention for 4th. As the laps ticked down, I would slip down to 7th, before karma bit the Rowe M4 hard on the final lap as they crashed out at the left before the esses just as I had multiple times in Race 1, dropping from 5th to 10th. The M4 got lucky, as the drivers that had started 14th and below were hit with the rolling start glitch. Without the glitch, things could have gone even worse for the M4.

JxZwVa5.jpg

With the Rowe M4's demise, I came home 6th for 121 points. I had the worse tyre wear out of the top 10 finishers, barely edging out the Huracan in 8th. The polesitter RCZ that pitted himself and took a new set of Mediums was the first of the one-stoppers, coming home 9th.

cJwBvWh.jpg
SWnyvBE.jpg
Fx8fLgx.jpg

Any thoughts on the best car for the Nations race? The Asia TT leaderboards were mostly Nissan R92s with one Sauber, but the one lobby race I spectated had Saubers make up most of the top 10.

Last edited:
Went again and glad I did. 4th for 127 points.
Qualified 10th this time. Think I've qualified 10th in the majority of races this year. Anyway, first lap was sedate. Second lap moved up 3 spots thanks to people going off. Another pitted to gain an extra spot. Was behind a French driver in an Aston who I was happy to follow. Unfortunately they binned themselves on the second left hander. After that I managed to pick off a stricken RCZ who seemed to be having a rough times with the tyres.
Winner and runner up were both Sciroccos. Winner blitzed the field and won by 12 seconds

E7CB0959-F638-4C36-86F8-5B555436FAC2.jpeg

Went for a rare second attempt as couldn’t face leaving it with that disco and now knew I was competitive. Maybe not the best idea racing in a foul mood! Slightly lower lobby thanks to losing a chunk of DR. Qualified with a slower time than last race so started down in 8th. Was in 5th until last lap but got caught by a McLaren who’s tires were better than mine. Might have finished higher if it wasn’t for some idiot deciding it was a good idea to try and pass me going downhill through the esses, going side by side and then pressing me against the wall. About 30 points less than I would have got in the last race but it’s improved my total.

One go at Sardegna's enough for today. That has to be the dirtiest race I've found myself stuck in for a while.

I qualified P8 with a 56:406 and had a Jaguar behind me. As I feared it quickly closed up going into turn 1 and I then had the damn thing all over me. Turns out it started on Softs as well whilst I was doing the no-stop... It got past me at the last hairpin on lap 2 after I got my braking wrong and went wide, but then I returned the favour at the end of lap 3 when the roles reversed.

Then things got real dirty, real fast. The Jaguar pushed an Alfa who got alongside down the main straight onto the grass for no reason at all, then proceeded to launch me straight into the wall at turn 1 immediately after. No penalties for either. :grumpy: Watching the replay back, I think the Jaguar was just there to cause trouble as it did a Softs > Softs > Softs strategy and rammed a Dodge into the wall after turn 4 on the final lap.

There was a funny side to the race though - the Alfa ended up saving me on the final lap. I had been steadily losing time to a Lexus who had started on Softs and pitted halfway through, and it was right behind me down the main straight. The Alfa had done a 24S/1M (?!) and went straight over to the left whilst ghosted after coming out from the pits. I stayed right for the racing line but the Lexus went left only to have the Alfa unghost right in front of it. I almost binned myself into turn 1 from laughing. Glad I didn't because despite the incident, they were both nipping at my very worn heels for the remainder of the lap whilst being very aggressive with each other.

With all the fighting, mistakes and people doing pit stops I somehow came P9 in the end, picking up 123 points and a CRB in the midst of everything. I've got the pace for better, but that Gr.4 Atenza's not really very enjoyable to drive. Even more so on worn tyres. So ridiculously stable but it feels like being in the Mitsubishi all over again, albeit a little faster on the straights.

Last edited:
Well that was a disaster.
For starters I couldn't get myself hooked up around here for some reason. Others were just plain faster and it wasn't just a car issue.
I got space to qualify. Then a few people must have reset their laps as I was punted off twice ruining any chance of getting further up the grid. So I started 19th. Whilst I was waiting to vent a little on the chat (which I couldn't do whilst the session was running) I forgot to switch my tyres over. :dunce::banghead:
No worries I thought, I'm starting so far back I'll head into the pits straight away. The game said no and I just crawled through loosing a lot of time. Pitted again properly at the end of lap one. The rest of the race was a mixture of the car wanting to snap everytime into turn 1 and understeer constantly. The car faught me all the way to the end including binning it out of turn 4 three times. I still didn't finish last, in 17th. I feel for the Belgian behind me. What sort of a mare must he have had for me to finish ahead. My head says no, but I have to go again and see what I can do without being an gormless idiot.

Had a fun race for most of it and made steady progress from Q18 inn the WRX and ran 16 laps on mediums to 7th before my pitstop and was making good progress back up with 3 laps to go 8th was on the cards until until this idiotstarted to take everything that tried to pass him out and when I got by cleanly he came after me and tried to ram me off the road which I managed to avoid until he hit the car behind me and in turn he hit me and as usual I lost out. Chased for the last 2 laps but a brush with the wall slowed me and the leader overtook me then crashed so I was trying to hold on to get on to the last lap and he just managed to get a nose ahead of me at the line but what was most annoying was the fact he had not used the mediums and got the penalty and ended up finishing just 1 place ahead of me. I expected more from the race and it would have been ok only for that idiot spoiling it, overall I had managed to avoid all the crashes around me. I know I have met him before and funny how you remember the dirty drivers.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=13103533

Last edited:
There was a funny side to the race though - the Alfa ended up saving me on the final lap. I had been steadily losing time to a Lexus who had started on Softs and pitted halfway through, and it was right behind me down the main straight. The Alfa had done a 24S/1M (?!) and went straight over to the left whilst ghosted after coming out from the pits.
A guy in a Porsche did something similar in my race, started on softs and pitted on lap 20 something. Weird.

I'm promoted to B-Class!!!

Yikes I'm promoted to B class...

It must mean I've done something right. I was in a top C split lobby with 6 or so B racers and I qualified P10. Not bad, not good, but I was okay with that given the drivers. Plebbed it on lap 1 Turn 4 in the most silly way with only a pixel on the grass... But managed somehow to get a hold of myself and through some miracle and tyre saving (and a lot of other driver crashes and pitstops) got as far as P6. i can only imagine what might have been if not for the silly mistake.

But all in all Very happy with the result. Improved my total points and now I can fight it out in a B lobby at Bathurst next week (Skipping Spa).

So I'm off practicing!

As a side note... when Pearl Jam started playing the fifth song on the Spotify list I remember thinking "What, no! Sooo soon, and I have sooo many laps to go :lol:" fortunately I had been so focused on the race I hadn't noticed we were already 21 rounds in!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back