• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 15 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
If World Championship basketball is your thing, then may I interest you in the 2019 rendition of the FIBA Basketball World Cup? That's right. The 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup will be held in China between August 31 through September 15. While this tournament will take place, it will also be a chance for countries to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Summer Games. So this can be key for teams to play for some more world-class basketball. Which 32 teams will compete? Which of those 32 will become champions? We shall see!

So I will leave this thread open for discuss the latest FIBA Basketball World Cup. Let's chat!

Time for a few updates. A few members of Team USA left the team, namely Andre Drummond and Montrezl Harrell. Julius Randle reportedly is off of Team USA as well. I am not sure honestly who is filling the Team USA roster. We usually have solid teams playing for the USA in the Olympics and in FIBA basketball. I think we'll be fine regardless.

Besides the FIBA Men's World Cup action, there have been a number of individual tournaments for men and women, even including stuff like Under-(some age) teams. The FIBA World Cup action begins (I believe) on August 31st and will be held mostly in China.

Not into FIBA actually but there's one hilarious story that caught my attention in the league recently.

Planning to get back to the FIBA after an almost 1-year hiatus, an SOP drug test has just revealed that D.J. Cooper is 'pregnant', resulting into the 28 year-old receiving a two-year suspension in the league internationally. He is said to be eligible to play on June 20, 2020, which I guess should have been 2021 instead? :confused:

During the said drug test, it was discovered after his urine got examined, which turned out that it was actually from one of his female friends, who's said that she didn't even knew she was pregnant that time.

Until now, I didn't even knew guys could become pregnant by faking a drug test through the use of someone else's urine. :lol:

67676408_2545733178817421_694616449372651520_n.jpg

Pregnant? Uh, okay... Moving on...

Kyle Lowry withdrew himself from Team USA, as he is still recovering from surgery on his thumb. So that's another Team USA player who won't be part of the Team USA men's national basketball team. Some people are thinking this Team USA team is going to be the weakest Team USA ever in the FIBA Basketball World Cup, and that they are going to get embarrassed. Heck- even the Team Serbia coach decided to troll a bit on Team USA!

We'll see what happens when the first slate of FIBA World Cup games tip off later this month.

Check the link above. You'll see more about it. ;):lol:

And yes, Kyle Lowry will be temporarily sidelined from playing for Team USA because of the sore thumb in which he had undergone a surgery earlier. So maybe he would recover after sometime.

And... another player bows out of Team USA. This time? P.J. Tucker of the NBA's Houston Rockets. So the roster for Team USA is looking a lot more thin for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

Recently, the United States lost to Australia 98-94. Team USA hasn't lost an international match in over 13 years- a string of about 78 straight victories. Some say Team USA will have maybe their worst performance in the FIBA Basketball World Cup in quite some time. Australia is NOT a sorry team. Quite a few quality basketballers hail from Australia, so it isn't like Australia is some no-name country in basketball.

I hope Team USA gets it together and try to make the most of what they got.

[OMISSION] Kyle Kuzma was the last cut from the 12-man Team USA roster. Team USA goes to work in the FIBA Basketball World Cup August 31.

Last edited:
This weekend starts up the FIBA Basketball World Cup matches. A lot of the matches begin in the 4:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time hour. Many others in the 8:00 AM EDT hour. So it's time to determine a World Champion for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup! Hopefully it will be your favorite country winning the World Championship.

LETS GO AUSSIE'S!

I looked at team USA's roster a couple of days ago and it seems to me that it's there B grade team?
Where's all the stars?

Why? Did the elder brother of the Greek Freak somehow managed to shatter the pride of the players of Team USA after a hard foul on Harrison Barnes during a dunk attempt and that they are more than disappointed to see it?

This morning looking at Yahoo! Sports, I read as Breaking News that the United States got eliminated from the FIBA Basketball World Cup by France in the Quarterfinals. So the United States will NOT medal from this World Cup. Tough break for the USA. Good for the USA to advance as far as they did.

Remember how Serbia said they could beat the United States? Well, that wish was granted for Serbia to take on the U.S. of A. And... USA failed. Serbia defeated the USA 94-89.

The best the United States can finish now is 7th. The USA will play again in the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Beijing, China this Saturday.

Looks like we have a final- it's Argentina vs. Spain for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup to be played on Sunday. Both countries have produced some fine NBA talent, and now these two will clash for a World Championship. This should be an interesting match.

87-74, USA defeats Poland to finish the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup in 7th place. USA coach (and San Antonio Spurs coach) Gregg Popovich was basically responding to critics by saying this team with NBA players did all they could to play as hard as they did. Most critics of Team USA basketball were hateful of the fact that the USA didn't get Gold or play for the Gold. I highly respect Gregg Popovich, and Pops is right on this one in regards to Team USA.

We still have the Championship Game to be decided between Spain and Argentina to be played at about... maybe 8:00 AM EDT on Sunday. When I think of Argentina basketball, I usually think of former Houston Rocket Luis Scola, who I loved on the Rockets before going elsewhere.

Very late reporting, but meet your 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup Champions...

...Spain!

That's right- ¡viva España! The score was a blowout as well, Spain delivering a 95-75 beating of Argentina in the Championship game. Ricky Rubio was crowned as the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup MVP.

That's all for this FIBA Basketball World Cup. The next tournament will be held in 2023. The 2023 Tournament will be held as a joint-deal between multiple nations. Those nations include the likes of the Philippines, Japan, and Indonesia; and the next Tournament will be held between September 1, 2023 to September 17, 2023. Maybe some of the different countries that didn't do too well in 2019 will have better luck in the 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

Back