2019 Hyundai Veloster: USA N Pricing Released

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 79 comments
I need to go drive a new Veloster. I think the N is probably unnecessary for me, but the R-spec sure looks like great value.
I've driven one, mainly because I wanted to see what the shifter was like (have one on order to put in my Elantra Sport) and the salesman offered so I couldn't turn him down. :D I liked it.

I would've thought the shifter would be built the same. What differences have you noticed?

Aside from a stripe, if there was one.

I need to go drive a new Veloster. I think the N is probably unnecessary for me, but the R-spec sure looks like great value.
Go big or go home.

Crazy thing to me is this car is within my budget currently. Too bad I'm away from home for months at a time so I could never drive it!

N's are starting to show up at dealers in the US. Some dealers are stupidly adding markups, but if anyone in the PA region is interested I know a dealer selling them at MSRP and they have a race red available right now.

49211203_10211079595300643_6280114146717466624_o.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty car. I'm not sure if I'd get one though because you can't use them for Uber. In the future, by work schedule would allow me to Uber several days a week and I'd probably do that.

Dealers are starting to get these in right now.

Yesterday I drove a Veloster Turbo DCT and compared it to a GTI S DSG. While the DSG is definitely more refined than the DCT, especially at low speeds and downshifts, the Hyundai is still better that virtually all automatics I've driven. And its ability to skip gears is rad - it'll go 7-3 just by clicking four times fast, no hesitation. Overall the Veloster was the sportier feeling car and more engaging to drive than the GTI which I thought was too refined. The interior materials and slightly better DSG action just aren't worth $3-$4k to me. Hyundai has a pretty solid thing on their hands right now.

More video of the car in the last post, with a bunch more driving shots where you can hear it shift. (quickly)

Last edited:
Back