2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Last bits I've heard from a variety of podcasts were that Ford is more interested in LeMans, and less interested in DPI if there isn't LeMans crossover (which is looking more and more unlikely).

We're in a weird way where grass-roots and lower tier PRO/AM series are doing pretty well...but major manufacturers are becoming increasingly gunshy about motorsport, particularly if it's not all-electric (which simply isn't anywhere near ready to replace major motorsports at this time).

Last bits I've heard from a variety of podcasts were that Ford is more interested in LeMans, and less interested in DPI if there isn't LeMans crossover (which is looking more and more unlikely).

And given the heritage of the GT(40), why would Ford not be interested in Le Mans?

We're in a weird way where grass-roots and lower tier PRO/AM series are doing pretty well...but major manufacturers are becoming increasingly gunshy about motorsport, particularly if it's not all-electric (which simply isn't anywhere near ready to replace major motorsports at this time).

I think it makes sense, if you mean to say that automakers are gunshy about starting more expensive motorsport programs like we’ve seen for LMP1, whereas I could see GTD/GTLM/GT3/GTE being much more affordable in comparison.

Back