2019 Tour de France

• Thread starter Sertsa
  • 35 comments
Nice stage, despite the lack of attacks. It was great watching the Shark getting a win.

Julian down to 5th, as expected I guess and Bernal with his first World Tour win of a 3 week race. And so young! It will be curious to see what INEOS decides to do for 2020 with Froome, Bernal and Thomas. Probably Thomas will be left out of the Tour and attempt El Giro or La Vuelta, and Bernal + Froome will be paired for the win in France. I don't see Bernal having to work for Froome or vice-versa now.

Good news for the french: Bardet will be on podium tomorrow with the polka dot jersey.

Kruijswijk got 3rd in the GC and Tony Martin is probably happy he wasn't missed today.

I want to congratulate all of the winners overall and in the different classes from this year's Tour de France. It is great to have the sort of endurance to take on a challenge like Tour de France. I have followed only a handful of the stages from this year's event. So I don't know as much as the more talented riders and the more talented teams. Le Tour de France is really the only cycling I follow mostly.

As some lighthearted/off-topic stuff, I swear some of the TDF stages would make great tarmac rally stages. Wouldn't be surprised if some of those roads are actually used for tarmac rallying.

That's all. Once again- congratulations to all winning riders and teams from this year's Tour de France.

"I think it's more fun to have worn the yellow jersey for 14 days and to have won two stages than to have done nothing and finished third overall"

-Julian Alaphillippe

I really appreciate this man's panache, and his goatee. A true swashbuckler. :cheers:

Due to work, I fell a little bit behind and just finished Le Tour tonight. Incredible Tour to say the least. I was pulling for Alaphilippe purely because of his grit and determination. It was sad to see him lose it so late. Bernal was just so strong in the Alps, it was inevitable he would take yellow.

10/10 Would watch again.

Back