Touring Cars 2020 DTM Series

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by 05XR8, Aug 6, 2020.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

TheHun99 and GTveteran like this.
  2. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Looks like Audi is at least giving it their all for it's final season in DTM. Caught race two, and while F1 is amazing around Spa, the DTM looked even better. Really hope Frijns and Wittmann get things together, as Muller and Rast already are making this look like it could be a two horse race.

GTveteran likes this.
  3. GTveteran

GTveteran

These races were the first time DTM cars have been able to exceed 300km/h. It was thought they might at Fuji but it didn't happen. The racing looked decent from the highlight vids, shame I couldn't watch it anywhere.

I fail to understand why I can't watch the races live on the DTM YouTube channel in English. I realise they have a TV contract in the UK but not everyone can view that. It would be great if The Race could get the rights for DTM too. Probably not now but if/when the DTM returns. Fingers crossed the ITR can sort something out.

4. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

https://sportscar365.com/other-series/dtm/audi-bmw-commit-to-gt-based-dtm-future/

So, looks like DTM has finally taken the covers off their future plans. Next year we'll be seeing the M4 GT3 and R8 LMS EVO duking it out on the same calendar, courses and all-pro driver regulations from previous years. It remains to be seen if Mercedes or other manufacturers will join up with their GT3 machines and provide customer support.

5. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Well, it does open up the doors to every GT3 spec car, not just the German ones.

6. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

But Germany already has the quite excellent GT Masters series run by ADAC...

TheHun99 likes this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

I posted in the GT3 thread. :sly: