2020 FIA Series Pre-Season Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 30, 2019.

1. ktsbence

ktsbence

Gr. 2 around Gardens looks like fun! I can only hope it'll be a good race. :D

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

DTG is one of my favorites. T1 reminds me of T1 at Sydney Motorsport Park(Eastern Creek). Really suits GR.2.

dlshearon, Pigems and ktsbence like this.
  3. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

And I can't wait until 200+ points is a regular occurrence for me. :lol:

JEverettL, Pigems and barak181 like this.
  4. juanito0585

juanito0585

Did a couple of races last night at interlagos, both with the same result. P12 and 112 points... Decided not to try anymore because even when there were fun battles through the race, both races I was hitted hard in my back while braking. So find it not worthy to keep pushing my luck.

Some people seems to not know where to brake, in my first race there was a VW who hitted me hard at T2 (end of back straight) then hitted a Merc when going through the infield and went wide on the last turn. So as it went wide I got through only to be punted of when braking in the esses. It is a shame since most of the people are doing their best efforts to keep it clean.
    Second race went better at least during lap 1. I was P8 because of some cars that started in front of me being involved in crashes or mistakes. My recovery race died a few laps later when a :censored: punted me in T2. He got a better exit to the straight so I went inmediately to my left covering the inside line for the braking point. He never minded moving to the right to attack, directly braked into my car. What really gets me is the same guy hitted me the same way on Sardegna C nations cup round. Both times I took revenge but it´s not the way it is supposed to be. Be clean and I will be clean, hit me on porpouse and be prepared to be treated the same way.

I hope PD gets the penalty system right soon, but meantime I congratulate those who keep it clean without the rules enforcing good behaviour. And to those who dont... mmmm, well...

5. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

HEY, That's me in P2! Too bad I couldn't stay there, bloody Lancer. I tried to undercut everyone but I was too hard on my hard tires second stint. Might have been a different story if I pit at the end of lap 6 like everyone else. I was defending from that Redline guy for a good 3 laps until you guys got by me at turn 4. Kudos to him for the clean driving. He clearly had the pace and I kept defending against him, with no contact penalty he easily could have just punted me forward and passed me but he didn't.

6. MrBrunoA

MrBrunoA

Trying to catch up with all the changes since I took a break in September... can someone explain this new slipstream dependency on qualifying? Is it just a trend or was there any actual change on slipstream or dirty air physics recently? What happened?

It feels like Monza GP of last year in F1, where everyone is waiting for the tow and no one wants to go first. Problem is, with 5 min sessions, it's becoming more about luck than skills now. I see that in latam servers, some friends are coordinating their qualy laps through voice chat. Team play seems to be making a difference in this case.

As for the non-existent penalties for contact, I'm starting to think that it might work for the higher ranked grids where racecraft or driver reputation is taken more seriously, but even so, I think there should be a penalty system in place. Maybe lower penalties for A+/S and harsher penalties for lower ranks?

Pigems, ktsbence and Winnie847 like this.
  7. barak181

barak181

How do you get to DR.A/A+ without having a basic idea of where the braking points are? Yes, we all have tracks that we are worse at than others but shouldn't someone that bad be lagging behind and chasing the pack?

Pigems likes this.
  8. Granadier

Granadier

Cheers man! Was a great race overall. Really enjoyed the battles you and I had. Like you said, given that the contact penalties are gone it was way cleaner than I was expecting.

Already shared this with you directly, but for everyone else, we had a great photo finish after a really eventful last lap.
    ap_2AA3A06B-5165-4F27-AA10-56AC343C0787.JPG

9. Winnie847

Winnie847

It was a few updates ago when they changed the slipstream. I think several things have changed since you were competing last.

Slipstream is stronger, and now has an effect for up to 1.5s, which also means you can feel the dirty air if you are 1.5s behind. Because of this, it's much easier to get somebody's slipstream in qualifying.

I think the grip has changed too since I last saw you around. Cold tires are more of an issue than they used to be. In some cases, I can feel less grip on cold tires for almost an entire lap.

Most of my brake balance settings have changed too, because of the lift-off effect. Lifting off the brakes while turning in causes your car to rotate a lot more than it used to. In many cases my BB is back to 0 for cars that I used to run +3.

Dezcom, larrybr07n, MrBrunoA and 3 others like this.
  10. vvise

vvise

so even in top split rooms drivers are starting to abuse the penalty system. check out the constant dives up in the pack up front. it's mayhem.

(not my video but support the driver anyways)

11. L_Harrison

L_Harrison

I was fortunate to get through that with a good finish. That pack was nuts.

Dezcom, vvise and Pigems like this.
  12. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

If I ever want to earn my way back to a WT, I will need to score 300+ minimum when it matters. Wasn't sure if that was possible until recently.

On a side note, this slipstream needs fixing asap. Qualifying feels more like a random draw now and racing a nuthouse when you can't pull away from anyone.

Dezcom, vvise, MrBrunoA and 1 other person like this.
  13. MrBrunoA

MrBrunoA

Cold tires were a huge problem yesterday at the Senna S, especially on hard tires. Also noticed the emphasis on lift-off as you mentioned and I was instinctively adapting to it through the race. Entering turn 4, descida do lago, lifting off helped a lot in rotating the car without forcing the tires. I guess this is the Michelin tires update, isn't it?

I really like this combo of Gr. 4 at Interlagos. So many opportunities for good battles and tire strategy there... Only thing I didn't like was the qualifying. Being able to place yourself between two drivers of similar pace in a 5 min qualifying session was the real skill you needed to score points yesterday.

Winnie847, vvise and Pigems like this.
  14. Granadier

Granadier

My 3 wishes:
    1. Reduce the slipstream back to 7-8 tenths
    2. Shrink the effective lap time difference between RM & RH. Hard tires have too little grip
    3. Bring back the penalty system from two updates ago and work on it again from there

SmokeyMR2, DK, Kermit_2142 and 4 others like this.
  15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Qualifying needs to be single car on track where you can't see or interact with anyone.

VFOURMAX1, Winnie847 and Pigems like this.
  16. Jeeves_ACBC

Jeeves_ACBC

Thanks for the clip. That lap was chaos. Luckily I got thru there without getting bashed around too badly.

17. koshmare

koshmare

Round 7 hot laps

18. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Do you run all these laps?

19. Winnie847

Winnie847

pretty sure he does. That's Firestorm, or PR1_Fire these days. Top end of the EMEA top split.

edit: I stand corrected. The last time I watched his vids it was firestorm, but now he's posted laps from other guys. So probably not.

Pigems likes this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Cool, thanks! I had been meaning to ask for a while now. Great laps! :cheers:

21. Winnie847

Winnie847

see my edit above. I think I was wrong.

Pigems likes this.
  22. Pigems

Pigems Premium

No worries. :cheers: In that case, I’ll pose the question I was gonna ask before, why post other peoples laps?

Jeeves_ACBC likes this.
  23. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I wonder if this is why I have been a lot more competitive lately. It's like I'm more working with the car rather than fighting with it.
    More like bring back the penalty system from two updates ago and leave it as is. Not ideal but I feel that may be the best we can get with current hardware.

Granadier, vvise, Winnie847 and 2 others like this.
  24. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I assume they are with offline physics too so I don't put much weight on them being accurate for the FIA events that run with tire wear.

larrybr07n and Pigems like this.
  25. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Well I know the Huracan lap is by Lightning

Pigems likes this.
  26. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

Nope for me...much more fun like this. We do need some sort of penalties back though, now it's really easy for someone to f you up while you are on a great lap.

Pigems likes this.
  27. koshmare

koshmare

@Pigems @Winnie847 I'm making archive from top split replays for the future. Because they gone after event ends :(

LeGeNd-1, vvise, Lost Sheltie and 3 others like this.
  28. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Cool, I was just curious is all. Don’t let me ruin your fun man. :) :tup:

larrybr07n likes this.
  29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Had that happen at St Croix. Had a pretty solid lap going and some idiot behind me decided I needed to be bumped from behind in the LAST CORNER. I downshifted twice instead of once in a panic when he did it so it cost me a lot of time. Ended up 8th about 8 tenths off, maybe could have been top 5. But the whole fuel burning / large packs for drafting shenanigans are amusing. I'd prefer a system that rewards drivers for actually being fast.

Pigems likes this.
  30. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Did it in cockpit cam to boot

PirovacBoy and Pigems like this.