2020 FIA Series Pre-Season Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 30, 2019.

1. juanito0585

juanito0585

Honestly, I dont know. In his favour I think cold tires on lap 1 (maybe he was on hards) may have surprised him. But I also think it can happen to you in the first or second braking spot, a hole lap of missing your braking points and hitting people it´s like too much.

Pigems likes this.
  2. Hygrade B

Hygrade B

Yes I can believe it you need to watch the 24hrs & other real life GT to see how much women are in the sport & I as man is happy to see how strong they are doing.
    Hats off to all lady racers both online & especially in real life:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::bowdown:

Chuk713, LVS_1986, JEverettL and 2 others like this.
  3. barak181

barak181

I just did a few practice laps for the Nations race. I don't know if I've raced Gr 2 cars before. Maybe I did back in the offline GT League but if so, it wasn't very often. My question for PD is: Why don't we race Gr 2 more often? This is going to be fun, even if it's going to be a potential wreckfest .

4. Windfire1010

Windfire1010

It is called dirty air. Racing gr2 cars simply does not happen because of that.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

Nah. It's because they only fall in Nations races. If PD wanted, they could make Gr.2 Manufacturers races. That's what Super GT GT500 is in real life.

LVS_1986, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  6. Winnie847

Winnie847

I may be wrong, but I think he was joking that because of the dirty air, you can't actually race them, you can just drive them in single-file without passing anyone.

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

Ah... that would make sense. Still wouldn't pass up racing at one of my favs.

DTG and Autopolis have a few quirks some players hate. That's why I dig 'em. :)

Winnie847, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  8. pennanton

pennanton

I agree, sometimes the tracks that are single file/dirty air prone can give us something different if the races are setup right. Usually they give you good strategy variations like choosing a harder compound to compensate for increased tyre wear following cars, also undercut strategies. The problem was dailies the like Gr3 Autopolis recently didn't require a pit.

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Lately, why does I guess my FIA entry always take so long to load right before a race? I join Daily races quickly, but these FIA screens are taking their sweet time. I've cleared cache, entered soon after the 15 minute countdown. HAd to restart my PS4 3 times. I'm in now. It's getting silly.

SmokeyMR2 and Pigems like this.
  10. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Hi! Fully agree with You! I was surprised cause how many players in GTS are girls? 1%? I wish it be at least 50% especially with new penalty system, races would be much cleaner:) I was trying to convience(is it proper word, my english is poor) my wife to start playing GTS, but after few attempts she said that she likes Tekken much more:)

11. 05XR8

05XR8

[​IMG]

Started 7th on RM. Heading down the hill to Blue+Channel hairpin, I had to traightline on the outside as the car ahead wasn't turning and I i had a car coming on my left. Sent me down to 15/19.

Old NSX divebombs next lap. A couple laps later, I catch and pass it(cleanly!) for 13th. Lap 8 I switch to RS. Get up to 3rd on lap 12. Run in 3rd for 3 laps and switch to RH, emerging 6th. Car felt a bit twitchy in the rear.
    Kept getting hit up the rear while I was avoiding hitting a car in front of me. Lost three spots at the Four Brothers right-handers due to being hit.

The "coupe de gracie" was a sweet divebomb by a GT-R as a GT-R ahead of me nearly stops at the First chicane.
    I then, get another divebomb at the final turn entry, as yet a different GT-R, slows right down on entry.

I wan't to race again, but don't. Shame, because I love this track.
    Edit: Think I'll stay where I am. One punt in the next race and I might snap.

12. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

13. barak181

barak181

Don't worry about it. Your English is better than my Spanish, French, German and Russian. Combined. :lol:

I got my wife to play two arcade races with me when I first bought GTS. That's it. Since then I've moved my PS4 to the bedroom to free up the TV and Xbox in the living room for her...

LVS_1986, Hygrade B and Pigems like this.
  14. stpatty

stpatty

Which GT-R is better for the race? 08 or 16?

Pigems likes this.
  15. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Older one is faster top speed, newer one has more downforce, so it’s pretty track dependant.

16. Granadier

Granadier

Are there strategies for this race as well? Looks like RS/RH tires are available with hards required. Will it be a 2-stop with a quick stint on hards to get them out of the way, or a 1-stop?

Pigems and LLOYDZELITE69 like this.
  17. Famine

Famine Administrator

Neither. They're skittish ****boxes and combined with people who never drive them and an MIA penalty system I'd rather drive a nail through both testicles.

jyri, larrybr07n, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  18. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Good question, Going to have to figure that out tonight when I get home from work for the Strategy. Seems like a regular ride the soft tires as long as you can than 1 stop for hards. But all depends how quick the stop is. Could possibly be a 2 stop depending on your car and Time lost in the pits.

Pigems and Granadier like this.
  19. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

All 3 compounds are required for the Nations race.....so 2 stop at minimum

Pigems, 05XR8 and Hygrade B like this.
  20. Granadier

Granadier

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for your thoughts later.

Was asking about the Manufacturers race at Catalunya tomorrow night, not Nations.

upload_2020-1-21_12-0-54.gif
    Will stay far away from Gardens tonight.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Pigems and LLOYDZELITE69 like this.
  21. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

All the top times in the Americas were set with the '08.

Pigems likes this.
  22. Hygrade B

Hygrade B

PS_Messages_20200121_170010.jpg Did today FIA @ Dragon. Took it easy in Q I know either way I would get blocked. I went for my normal out last & still on out lap I people where off track I guess the normal cold tyres or being helped.
    I got P10 on hards less than my best time on hards
    In race 1st corner everyone was hit each other I tried to get drop back from P4 so I would not get hit in the second but that was the same. Drop back to P18.
    In the end I just relaxed plan my race since I was on hards & worked my way up even with a few hits.:lol:

My 1st race with no driving assist:lol::lol: my test race.

We NEED more Of this type of Racing all three tyres high fuel but longer.

Watch your fuel level either turn down & save like I did or short shift.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Pigems and benjoi84 like this.
  23. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

08 gets off the line much better than the 16, so if you go with the 16 you will lose 2-3 places at the start. Apart from that they are both pretty even, but in the race I just did there was only 1 other 16 and everyone else was in the 08.

I ran RH for 2 laps, did 7 laps on the RM, and then did 2 stints to finish on the RS tyres. Probably would have worked if I had topped up the fuel, but since I didn't I had to run fuel mix 6 for the last lap and a half.

Started 13th after nearly killing myself on the sausage kerb, and then just tried to stay out of trouble for most of the race. Ended up 12th, but had about 7 cars within a few seconds of me just ahead so probably could have gotten amongst it if I had paid attention to the fuel.

24. benjoi84

benjoi84

Just raced the first slot in Nations (one-shot for me these days as i work nights).

I plumped for the newer GTR as I find it to be a lot more predictable especially on worn tyres. Managed a pretty poor 16th grid positon after a somewhat messy quali session. Battling in and around other cars to make sure I get a banker lap in before I go hard trying to improve it.

My strat was easy... 6 laps on each compound H-M-S filling up halfway on each stop to reduce pit time and stay with the pack.

Halfway through my third stint everything was going a bit too smoothly, I'd managed to avoid some serious snarl-ups during the first parts of the race and come out still breathing. Finding myself in 5th and looking to consolidate, as others were clearly struggling at whatever state their tyres were in.

Then it happened. Going around the 4-apex monster someone spun out of my field of vision and i came round and there was some slight door banging as i tried to avoid him, no bother. But the guy on my six had other ideas, I bounce off the first guys door and get pit-manouvred by the second as he tries uncleanly to take the inside. I spin off into the gravel and reenter the race back in 16th.

I convalesce that perhaps an incident with the same driver earlier in the race on the last corner (where our different tyre situations clearly made the final braking zone complicated, forced me to dodge him at the last moment and take the inside line, and he came across and hit me when turning in) maybe played on his mind and encouraged less than fair play, oh well.

Final position 12th and overall not unhappy with what was a great fun race, despite the real possibility of a better finish.

Would recommend.

Pigems, Hygrade B and barak181 like this.
  25. stpatty

stpatty

I've tried both in testing and the 08 is an awful car, so it'll be the new boy for me. I've not driven Gr.2 with a wheel yet, it should be disastrous. Can't wait.

Pigems, LVS_1986, larrybr07n and 5 others like this.
  26. barak181

barak181

Video clips requested. :cheers:

Pigems, larrybr07n and watto79 like this.
  27. watto79

watto79

With tyre wear at x12 this is looking like a 2 stopper for me. Softs seem unlikely to last long enough to make a 1 stopper viable (I could be wrong) and the mediums as always seem redundant. Pit loss time is around 8 seconds. Fuel isn't an issue.

I'm hoping that @pantherjag does a strategy guide as there could be a variety of strategies in play.

SmokeyMR2, Pigems and Granadier like this.
  28. Hygrade B

Hygrade B

You Dragon race you rules say all three tyres.
    Not just hards.
    I started on H until lap 10 then did the rest 4lap M & S each with some fuel save & a top up just incase at the last tyre change because I could.

29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

They're talking about the Manufactures race.

30. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

I'm racing FIA events in 3 regions since a good time. EU , south central america and north america.
    I can say that EU races are easily the most non fairplay events from the 3.
    2 races on gardens today . 1st lap extremely trash , no respect at all , horrible . Ridiculous.

jyri, Hygrade B and Pigems like this.