2020 FIA Series Pre-Season Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 30, 2019.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Here's the first 5 laps.

Pigems likes this.
  2. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

You did pretty well with the big bois... at least the few that showed up. Was everyone watching the Super Bowl or something? Tons of regulars were nowhere to be seen.

Anyways, my pole time was flat out terrible but I was happy for the track position. Fidgeted on tire selection but with two Astons that would easily destroy me down the straight, I figured starting with softs was the only option I had to somehow break the tow. Thankfully, Lester started on Mediums and I had gotten away by the time I was descending the mountain. From then on, it was all about building up the gap and hope it was enough. It was coming down during my Medium stint but it swung back to my favor late for yet another victory for the Mustang. Maybe I'll even break 100 Manu points now.

Nations was a lot more exciting. I actually put in a lot of practice because I was getting tired of being hilariously bad at Nurburgring. Strangely was most comfortable (and fastest) with the GT-R. Only did one race and was happy with the qualifying time and the pace even though the points were meaningless.

Dezcom, Moon_k, OR_2020 and 4 others like this.
  3. afc5150

afc5150

Another season-best points haul for Team No Name Lexus at Mount Panorama today! 133 points for a 6th place finish in a very clean A/S lobby.

I qualified 8th, however I was only .350 seconds off second place while the pole sitter was a further 1.2 seconds clear of that...I was feeling confident, as I love this track and usually have enough long game patience to get a good result.

Started on mediums, no drama into turn one and off we go. Made up a position going into T2 and one guy spun on lap 2 or 3 so I was up to 6th by the time I came in for hard tires after 5 laps. Nearly botched my pit entry, but made it in, albeit with a 2 second track limit penalty. Came out in 5th and served my penalty and was demoted to 6th again.

Had a great back and forth battle for the remainder with a very polite Corvette, which became a battle for 4th and 5th as a Merc ahead spun before the back straight on the last lap.... we battled cleanly until I JUST ran out of brakes/tires/talent after the big kink, made very slight contact and off the 'Vette went..... I slowed to make sure he maintained his position and was assessed (rightfully) a 2 second penalty.

So the 2 seconds added dropped me from 5th to 6th, but overall I can't complain, as I had great pace, good strategy, and ran a near perfect race except for about 2 meters of it! I apologized after the race, and he wasn't upset at all. Phew!!

Good times! :D 20200202235149.jpg 20200202235127.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Dezcom, GTWolverine, OR_2020 and 7 others like this.
  4. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

We'll see how it goes next week. Don't know if I'll make it into the top 16 race but will definitely be getting a lot of practice in.

5. Keith2324

Keith2324

I said I was done racing since the penalty system is so bad and some drivers just don't get it. But after watching the 12 Hours of Bathurst, I got a little inspired. I had a really great race on the mountain. Of course there were some bumps and bruises along the way, but you really have to check out the last two laps. I don't know how we kept it so clean but there was a lot of close-quarters battling going on. Truly a great race. My hats off to my competitors. Sorry for the video quality. I brightened the display in game so I could see. :)

Dezcom, barak181, jimihemmy and 4 others like this.
  6. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

Forgive me for asking, but I have not used the driving line in GT Sport, does it not show when you should brake anymore? I thought it used to show red when you should be braking...or is it some setting where it only shows the driving line? I thought in previous games it would be color coded for acceleration and braking...

Pigems likes this.
  7. Keith2324

Keith2324

I'm not sure if it ever did. At least since I have been playing the game. The only reason I have it on is so I can track the other players lines better. If they are a millimeter off to the left or right, I want to be there also to maximize the tow. I have left in on, but most of the time I don't even use it that much. It's situational. Furthermore I either use the cones or places on the track for my braking.

Keith.

Pigems likes this.
  8. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

My memory may be off...it could be from GT1 or GT2. I haven't used them in a long time....
    Although your reasoning for using it is sound! I never thought to use it for that.

Pigems likes this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

It was introduced in GT4 Prologue, but the GT Sport version has never been colour coded as in the games between them.

Pigems likes this.
  10. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

That explains it then.
    Thanks!

Pigems likes this.
  11. Barters81

Barters81

Currently sitting 4th for Ferrari in the Oceanic region. Only done 4 races so far so hoping for another 200 points this Sunday.

Hopefully that should be enough to get that tasty S DR invite I’ve been after. Only have to be in the top five for my manufacturer in the oceanic region to get it.

12. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I am very new to this FIA racing, but apparently it is not so far up if you pick the right manufacturers. I am with Ford, did 3 races:
    Screenshot_2020-02-04-12-37-01-01.png

Pigems, Landy1264 and roamingbard13 like this.
  13. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

There’s definitely enough manufacturers to spread out the wealth a bit. I’m driving with Jag this season, and with like 170ish points I’m in the 50s/60s in North America.

I ran one race with Volkswagen last season, and was in the top 50 or so with 50 points :lol:

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Having only been in one of the races before, I can't remember if we are notified if we will be in the Top 16 race. I'm currently 3rd for Aston Martin so I think that is good enough to get in maybe? Or do we not know until the race starts?

barak181, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  15. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’ve not been in one before, but I was told it depends on how many people try to enter the race at the time. I was told the top 16(Max 2 per Manu) that attempt to enter the race at the time get in, or something like that? But I don’t know for sure, I might just try to enter at the time and see if I get in or not. Maybe none of the top 4 Jag drivers will show up. :lol:

16. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

For Top 16 races, you need to have DR S (i.e. Star Driver) and SR S to enter the race.

Looking at your profile, you are DR A+ so won't be able to enter, regardless of the other criteria.

Pigems likes this.
  17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Hmm, but I was in one before? End of the last full season I think, at Nurburgring 24hr Gr.3.

Or maybe that was just a broadcasted race and something different?

barak181, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  18. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Must be something else, or some time ago. The T16 races in 2019 for manufacturers were:

2019 Ex. Season 1 - DT Gardens II, Gr3
    2019 Ex. Season 2 - Bathurst, Gr3
    2019 Pre-season - Suzuka, Gr3
    2019 Season Stage 1 - Sardegna B, Gr4
    2019 Season Stage 2 - Catalunya, Gr3
    2019/20 Ex. Season 1 - Monza, Gr3
    2019/20 Ex. Season 2 - DT Seaside, Gr4
    2019/20 Ex. Season 3 - Laguna Seca, Gr3

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/sportmode/championship/archives

Pigems likes this.
  19. Patclash

Patclash

Pigems likes this.
  20. SmokeyMR2

SmokeyMR2

For the Top 16 like said you need Dr. S and for manufacuters top 2 in your manufacturer, for nations top 2 in your nation. Then matchmaking will take the 16 top Dr rated drivers so you might get in as long as you fill the first two criteria points and have a high enough Dr.

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  21. timekiller001

timekiller001

I'm now P9 for Toyota in EMEA and with a good result there's a theoretical chance for P3 So hopefully I'll stay in the Top 10 there to get the S rating

JEverettL, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  22. Granadier

Granadier

Leguna is gonna be at the 18:00 time this Sunday :O
    Stunning visuals there at that time of day.

23. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

And hard to see where you're going.

theschledy and Pigems like this.
  24. Granadier

Granadier

Just wear your sunglasses /s

25. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Problem is lack of light. ;)

Pigems likes this.
  26. schnick

schnick

You don't get notified, you "try" to enter and then the servers calculate who are the top 16 based on who enters.
    Usually worth a shot as you never really know who above you is a no show and if you don't make it there's the same race 10 minutes later
    Not always the last race of the season, the previous exhibition season had it at round 5

Top 2 for your nation if you are in EMEA, other regions have different country caps as stated on the website
    They take the top 16 based on overall leaderboard points not DR, except for that one time in 2018 it actually was based on DR and became a lottery for the top EMEA drivers

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  27. Chuk713

Chuk713

So is the last race at Laguna ONLY open to the top 16? Or is it open to everyone?

Pigems likes this.
  28. Pigems

Pigems Premium

One time slot is for the top 16, all the rest are business as usual. :)

29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Did some testing last night. Aston can just barely go the distance on fuel. Seems like a one stop is doable. Lap times in the low 21's. Probably going to struggle here as I did at Catalunya. Hoping that's not the case.

JEverettL, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  30. koshmare

koshmare

Round 10 hot laps