2020 FIA Series Pre-Season Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 30, 2019.

1. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

I wasnt so lucky, at 5th lap spanish ended my race:( congratulations:)

Pigems likes this.
  2. Lilium

Lilium

Is fuel saving needed for nations?

Pigems likes this.
  3. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

A little

Pigems likes this.
  4. 8l23ub

8l23ub

t

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing after;

Pigems likes this.
  5. Lilium

Lilium

@LVS_1986 thanks.
    Started practising at 18h. At 1.t6.326 atm

Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  6. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

What? You were revving the engine without holding the brakes, but not only did you not jump the start, you didn't even...start?? How did that happen?

Pigems likes this.
  7. 8l23ub

8l23ub

I was holding the handbrake, lights went out and I released the accelerator while keeping the handbrake on :O
    Its ok to laugh and point :lol:

The 2140 slot is going to get it tonight :)

Pigems, quentin1974, watto79 and 2 others like this.
  8. stpatty

stpatty

Your DR is ~10k higher than mine and only one person pitted in my race (on lap 8 I think, with 7 litres left)

Maybe you're just paired up with idiots

Yeah I saw he managed to go down to A in SR, must have been some hit he gave you. Better luck next time.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  9. Zorz

Zorz

Nations @ Red Bull Ring
    Not the best round, but hardly a disaster either. Can't say I was keen on this coming into it after practicing in public lobbies. Also a little bored with Mazda-based one-makes. They seem overly common lately considering how many other cars they could use. Maybe this would been more exciting with the originally intended settings; the Roadster just feels like a heavy lump with BOP on.

I knew I was capable of a decent laptime here, but I am far from consistent. Qualifying was frustrating. I left a gap to the driver in front on my outlap, which had all but disappeared by the top of the hill after he went wide and rejoined right in front of me.

He continued going wide and rejoining straight away onto the racing line throughout the lap which really slowed me down, until I finally saw an opportunity to get past on the last turn. Unfortunately that compromised the start of my second flying lap and I ended up starting P12. The other guy started almost at the back.

The start of the race was rough. I managed to avoid hitting the car in front of me into turn 1 only for the car behind me to punt me into it and then force his way up the inside. At the straight at the top of the hill, I almost got pushed off when we were 3-wide (me on the right) and the car on the left decides he wants the middle of the track. Almost spun the guy in the middle out having to turn left to stay on the track. It was the guy who punted me on turn 1 though, so not feeling too guilty about it.

I ended up managing to work my way up to P7 in the end. My highlight of the race was turn 1 on lap 8, where I managed a clean double overtake as they compromised each other from fighting.

92 points is still a good result by my standards though, so I'll chalk it up as a decent banker round to start the season and run!

Pigems and watto79 like this.
  10. stpatty

stpatty

I've just watched Lighting go from 19th at the start to 1st on the last corner. The boy's not human.

11. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

Oh. For some reason I thought the handbrake indicator was the headlight indicator. DOH! :lol:

Pigems and 8l23ub like this.
  12. timekiller001

timekiller001

Was home just in time for the 9pm (8pm UK) race, so no practice for me. Initially planned this race as practice and have the last race as a second option.

Messed up Qualifying, only P15.
    In the first laps I pretty much stayed in that spot and it wasn't until lap 7 I first gained a spot to P14 and then two more as there were penalties given in front, so I was in P12.
    In lap 8 I had a go at another driver and should've got him, but as he tried to defend from the car behind him he hit me on the rear which caused me to lose speed and as a result I fell to P15 shortly.
    Two of the drivers got together though and I got to P13 almost immediately again. Someone else ran out of fuel so P12.
    We were a group of three and there was another group of three battling in front. We were gaining on them so going into the final lap I was in P12 but had 5 cars directly in front of me. Of course I was hoping for carnage in front of me :D
    And that did happen more or less. In turn 2 someone was crashed out by a dirty Russian, in turn 3 another one spun out with a penalty for a third person. Was able to overtake someone as well so I finished P8. That was good enough to not try again as I didn't want to risk the 219 points I gained. That's a good basis for the rest of the pre season.

You can watch the full video here. As I didn't want to use the crappy PS4 video quality I recorded the replay via capture card as I had no time before the race to hook everything up.

Pigems likes this.