2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I “think” the RX is currently one of the better Gr.3 cars, don’t quote me on that though. :)

I did two practice runs yesterday. In both of them there was someone that seems to be right about my level, in a Mazda Vision. I was in the AMG.
Through the corners he was much faster...but I ate all that up in the straights. In the end, we had very similar pace.

However, in the start I easily passed him down the main straight. Like..._super easily_. That car has no acceleration whatsoever..it is a very good handling car, with amazing tire wear.

So I let a wheel choose my manufacturer for the season for my alt account and the manufacturer that it gave me was Peugeot.

I'm fine with it but I need some testing first on the Gr.3s on which one is better. I welcome some suggestions on which one is better given the track, tire wear, and fuel consumption combos.

Last edited:
Since I have completely lost interest in the Daily races as I find them just too short for my liking I have decided to run on both main and alt accounts for the manufacture's this season. I will only run one slot for each race which is what I have always done.

I have gone with Porsche on my main account, I have passed over them many times and not really used their cars even though in some of the one make nation's races the Gr.4 has served me well and recently I have been running the Gr.3 in races and really enjoying it. I will do the Nation's only on the main account. I passed on the Kart's last time and took the advice I read here after the race and tried it on the controller and I'm loving it now.

On my Alt I have chosen Toyota, they where the very first manufacture I picked a long time ago for my first season and it was using a controller and without the track knowledge I now have. The one thing the I have noticed is I have the Gr.3 FT-1 rather that the Supra so I guess I missed something signing up so stuck with it now. As I'm not bothering with the daily races this will be the first time I will put in some good practice for the FIA races and already I have lowered my time in Catalunya by 2 seconds over my previous best but still a long way to go as I never really learned or liked the track and it maybe because I drove it so much in F1 games.

Last edited:
So I let a wheel choose my manufacturer for the season for my alt account and the manufacturer that it gave me was Peugeot.

I'm fine with it but I need some testing first on the Gr.3s on which one is better. I welcome some suggestions on which one is better given the track, tire wear, and fuel consumption combos.
Definitely the RCZ! :) Good car at most tracks! There's a reason you don't see many people driving the VGT!

Last edited:
They have been neutered with Sports tyres. I've not tested how they perform like that yet but I'm sure it'll mean more trips to Los Angeles.
I tried the RB Jr. combo yesterday (but in Time Trial, so of course slightly different grip levels). It was...an experience. It drives like the older MR cars in the game when you stick it on SM tires. Every input has to be smooth and 100% premeditated. Quick movements, or sharp changes to pedal inputs while steering, massively upset the back end. The final corner can theoretically be taken flat out, but 99 times out of 100, the back end will break traction when the corner tightens up at the final apex if you don't lift slightly. Since these cars tend to lose even more rear grip when fuel weight is added, these things are going to be an absolute handful...this is definitely the meme race of this season.

Besides Tokyo Expressway, GT Sport doesn’t really have any street circuits, unless you take the literal definition of a street circuit as ‘a closed off public road’ and count Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSRX (maybe) and part of Le Mans.

I'd say Tokyo and Bathurst are the only Street circuits in GTSport and with the quality of some people online I can't say o mind

I’ll go with Chevy. Gr3 Catalunya yep. LeMans yep gr3. Nurb 24 yep.
I don’t do alt on FIA. I don’t feel good taking spots from players I’m in reality ranked much higher than.

Funny you mention that. My alt/daily account. Is currently higher ranked than my FIA account. Fun for the dailies, but I reckon my alt would be slaughtered if I ran any FIA races on it.

Not like this is breaking news or anything but I've signed with Ford yet again. Really happy with the schedule breakdown and combos being Gr3 heavy at the start so not much back and forth between Mustang and Ford GT early on.

Catalunya- check
Fuji- check
Le Mans- check
Sardegna C- check
Sardegna A- check

Anything else just window dressing.

And So You have chosen DEATH!!

FADED677-08A5-4A97-ACEC-F62EE7A2E531.jpeg

Not sure if it was brought up.

Does anyone know if we might get a BOP update before the start of the season?

Probably going to stick with Mazda. Just torn on what car to select for the Gr.3 races. Never really driven the Rx-vision.

Those who have used Mazda before. Is the rx-vision, much better than the Gr.3 Atenza?
If we are already allowed to choose a Manufacturer, there shouldn't be any BOP changes until at least the midseason point. Otherwise, it's a repeat of last official season where people got to choose again because of material changes right before that season kicked off.
Only letdown for me is: super happy to run the Red Bull Jr Formula cars, though at Willow Run?! That's a bit of a waste, from both that car's perspective and that WR is more of a GT/sports car track. Would rather have had them at a more fitting location.
I tested that combo briefly last night. I kinda like how it felt solo since there is still grip and it's about not scrubbing off too much speed. May be awful in a pack, though.

Besides Tokyo Expressway, GT Sport doesn’t really have any street circuits, unless you take the literal definition of a street circuit as ‘a closed off public road’ and count Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSRX (maybe) and part of Le Mans.
I guess I was kind of thinking about one of the Tokyo layouts..

I tested that combo briefly last night. I kinda like how it felt solo since there is still grip and it's about not scrubbing off too much speed. May be awful in a pack, though.
That's my fear... on that track in those cars... where is the passing zone? It would be a fun TT challenge, for the reason you noted, but as a race track, a potentially unsatisfying combo in one of the most otherwise RACY cars in the game (that I absolutely love to race with... I'd love a whole series in them, I wish PD ran more such things officially...)

Maybe it’s been mentioned here earlier, but I don’t think we should worry about the kart “x10” tire wear for this round. While PD likes to throw a wrench into the cogs every now and then, not even allowing you to test for said wear in a lobby or arcade mode setting leads me to think this is just a misprint.

Maybe it’s been mentioned here earlier, but I don’t think we should worry about the kart “x10” tire wear for this round. While PD likes to throw a wrench into the cogs every now and then, not even allowing you to test for said wear in a lobby or arcade mode setting leads me to think this is just a misprint.

It is also using Sports soft tyres and they tend to hold up a lot better than the racing compounds.

GTS doesn’t allow fuel or tires to be turned on anywhere in game with Karts. Previous Kart rounds have all be with Fuel/Tires off in race. They also can only be used with Sport Soft tires, you can’t change that either I don’t believe.

Last edited:
That's my fear... on that track in those cars... where is the passing zone? It would be a fun TT challenge, for the reason you noted, but as a race track, a potentially unsatisfying combo in one of the most otherwise RACY cars in the game (that I absolutely love to race with... I'd love a whole series in them, I wish PD ran more such things officially...)
The passing zone is the entire track as everyone else spins off into the desert when the back end breaks loose.

Back