2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I’m impressed he managed to do that once, let alone twice, but if the game cared about competition, he’d have been banned by at the most, day 50 looking at that graph.

Completely agree... I personally think (with a working penalty system) you should only be able to drop out of S so many times before never being allowed back as S on that profile.

However as an interim fix I guess it would be nice if you could somehow give other players a thumbs up or down which displayed next to their name in game so you'd know if you had to steer clear or could work together

Last edited:
Is there a reason why, in Sport Mode, a Race Radio hasn't been used? The ability to communicate to another driver could be useful mid race etc

I'm guessing it would turn into a bit of a nightmare with people shouting abuse and different languages and stuff... however something like predefined text messages that you could send such as 'sorry', 'thanks', 'work together?' etc would be good

Undoubtedly, it would require a level of adult behavior :lol:

Working chat during a race is not possible for me so the predefined texts are not an option. I have to wait until post race chat (if the racer is still in the room) to comment. Having chat available would present a possible better (funner?) racing environment in my opinion. NASCAR Heat 4 does it for their lobbies and it works pretty good AND language is often not as bad as you would imagine.

So what's the strategy for tomorrow? I had a quick run and fuel isn't an issue, Figure I can do 7 maybe 8 laps on soft, but not sure if I should run softs twice??? The pit loss is about 8 secs for a tyre change and I might be a second quicker on softs over meds, but really that just makes it even. So I'm thinking 12 M/1H/7S if I'm mid to back and risking the 2 softs probably stretching them to 8 laps each and fitting a 3 and 1 in when it looks clear.

So what's the strategy for tomorrow? I had a quick run and fuel isn't an issue, Figure I can do 7 maybe 8 laps on soft, but not sure if I should run softs twice??? The pit loss is about 8 secs for a tyre change and I might be a second quicker on softs over meds, but really that just makes it even. So I'm thinking 12 M/1H/7S if I'm mid to back and risking the 2 softs probably stretching them to 8 laps each and fitting a 3 and 1 in when it looks clear.
In the Vantage I’m looking at 8s8m4h. The difference in wear between mediums and softs isn’t huge and the hards crossover with the mediums at about 7-9 laps. I’ll probably decide order and exact stints according to grid position and traffic. My sense is traffic will be a problem due to dirty air and minimal draft benefit.

May miss the race tomorrow. But if I do get a run, i will experiment with more stops.

6S/1M/1H/6M/6M. Or some variation of that. Basically 4 stopping.

If that doesn't work out. Then next run, switch to a 3 stopper.

Pit loss isn’t too bad at Gardens at around 6 seconds. Have tested a 6S/6S/6S/1M/1H and a 7S/7S/5M/1H which worked out almost the same time. RCZ is a nightmare on worn Softs so don’t want to be on them long. Will test longer stints on mediums to see if less stops is better. I also loathe this circuit so not exactly enjoying it :lol:

Thinking 7S/7S/5M/1H in the Mustang, or some variant thereof. So far that's the fastest strategy I've had in testing. Still need to test a 2-stop though, and see if stretching out the Softs and Mediums is worth it.

Thinking 7S/7S/5M/1H in the Mustang, or some variant thereof. So far that's the fastest strategy I've had in testing. Still need to test a 2-stop though, and see if stretching out the Softs and Mediums is worth it.

What I’m leaning at. I’ve noticed I was losing the rears of the McLaren around 8-9 on the softs, so a 2 stop would be high risk. I like what I did yesterday in a test with 2, 7 lap runs on softs before a single lap with yards before finishing off with the medium tire.

Pit loss isn’t too bad at Gardens at around 6 seconds. Have tested a 6S/6S/6S/1M/1H and a 7S/7S/5M/1H which worked out almost the same time. RCZ is a nightmare on worn Softs so don’t want to be on them long. Will test longer stints on mediums to see if less stops is better. I also loathe this circuit so not exactly enjoying it :lol:
The pit loss in custom race is closer to 8s. Is it less in the actual race?

The pit loss in custom race is closer to 8s. Is it less in the actual race?

If he tested it in online lobby, it's gonna be a few seconds less than custom race. The custom race time is the more accurate one for the FIA races.

PD changed the pit timing for the FIA races late 2019, but they probably forgot to also change the timing in the online lobby. I found this out the hard way because I totally used the wrong strategy in a race that season :lol:

Having said that, the difference is inconsistent between different tracks so you might be okay with some races testing in online lobby. It's all very annoying and it wouldn't be a problem in the first place if we don't have this teleporting pit BS.

Last edited:
Testing? Practice? I've done a bunch of laps trying to learn this circuit and I still hate it. It just doesnt flow with anything at all in my brain or how I currently can adapt. I'll run a slot because anything can happen but will pretty much be focused on not ruining other people and picking up whatever leftovers there are.

Testing? Practice? I've done a bunch of laps trying to learn this circuit and I still hate it. It just doesnt flow with anything at all in my brain or how I currently can adapt. I'll run a slot because anything can happen but will pretty much be focused on not ruining other people and picking up whatever leftovers there are.
This is why I have been testing. I’m hopeless on this track and have been trying to get better at making it flow. I am still pretty sure I will be well off the pace come race time. A decent strategy may be my only chance at avoiding humiliation.

I don't mind DTG going forwards but like many tracks, it's just stupid in reverse. I've done something like 3 practice races and I still don't have any consistency on this thing. On the plus side, when I do occasionally bang out a decent lap those times are getting better.

It's going to be about people diving at T1, Four Weddings and a Funeral and going for the unconventional line into the Farside Hairpin.

That racing line is an out-in-out. The exit is nearly different to the forward layout in execution. Impatient players are going to take what they think is an opening, but it ain't. Easy penalty spot.

I am door 1 AGAIN! FMD!

And qualifying ruined by an idiot who thought stopping right in front of me on the last turn was a good idea. Will be starting from the back.

Going to run Hards for the first stint. Wish me luck running every one down from a long way back.

Edit: Finished 13th but could have been 10th without a ridiculous 3s penalty for being dive bombed at the hairpin. 66pts, will have to go again.

Last edited:
See how we go...

EqtIvkJVEAAXNdE

Edit: Set my time on RH to see where I fit. I gather players on RS don't use this track much.
EqtLKlHVoAEMMJP

Last edited:
Ran 10 laps on the RS. RX-V just eats it up when the tyres wear. 1RH/1RM/10RS/8RS. Love DTG and going again.

The start.

From last, dumped the RH. Dumped the RM. Tyre wear and lap times navigating traffic.
EqtXM_-U0AAQKH7

No traffic and chasing down the DBR9, on one lap fresher RS. It didn't use all thetyres and dropped down the order started 2nd and finished 14th.
EqtXiNyVoAIRlZN

EqtTlk_U0AA14bh

Last lap

Last edited:
I went 2 stop, M/S/H and made it up to 4th somehow. Could have taken third from the bloke in the Lambo that was all over the place on the hards, but decided against anything messy. I think after this one 2 stop and steady pace is the way to go.

Yeah I went for the messy strategy (four stop). Getting stuck in traffic wouldve ruined it so I had to send it immediately.

Latest Posts

Back