2020 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

So Toyota wins. Again. :indiff:

Yup, no fault from Toyota, running like a metronome doing their job so well so congrats :D. Can't really fault them or blame them for the way LMP1 is right now, they still have to turn up and race to the regs their given, it's up to Rebellion to take the fight to them. And in all fairness to them, Rebellion did so valiantly and kept the Toyota's honest before the #3 and #1 had their issues.

Anything other than a win for Toyota would have been a disaster, so that box was ticked.

It looks like the #71 has ran out of fuel or similar on the last lap, and may not make the finish...

Aston swept GT so I'm happy! :D

Indeed, those Astons looked mega all race :D:tup:, in both AM and Pro. Unfortunate the #98 ran into the issues it did to stop it making it a potential 1-2 in AM. Porsche will be scratching their heads I think, they seemingly had no race pace at all, despite being strong over a single lap in quali :confused:. Despite the lack of manufacturer diversity in Pro, it still delivered on racing all the way through.

And congrats to #22 for the win in LMP2, stoked for Hanson, Di Resta et all there.

Allright ladies and gents, it time for me to get outta here and get some sleep. :gtpflag:

It was a pleasure to spend this event with you. :bowdown:

Next up: The Nürburgring 24h. :embarrassed:

See you all then, bye bye. :lol:

Each week-end for the 24h of Le Mans is such a riot, this year spending some times exchanging words with you my gtplanet fellows, and playing along at La Sarthe on GT Sport.

I hope doing the same next 12/13 June 2021 on Gran Turismo 7 ! :gtpflag:

Jackie Chan DC Racing - I think this is the first time I've seen somebody attempting outside help since I started watching in the early 2000s.

What do you mean by outside help? Missed most of the race

A team member went out during the race, to deliver a new battery illegally for the #37 which stopped dead with an alternator failure. In fairness to them, they admitted what they did was illegal, as the #37 would have been retired on the spot anyway.

That^

Under the rules the driver is not allowed to receive outside help to fix the car. They can receive instructions, but they can't have people come in to help the drivers.

A team member went out during the race, to deliver a new battery illegally for the #37 which stopped dead with an alternator failure. In fairness to them, they admitted what they did was illegal, as the #37 would have been retired on the spot anyway.

Still weird that they would attempt it

Still weird that they would attempt it

Very true, can only assume that it was a total catastrophic failure, judging by how the car was stopped dead, lights off on track. Otherwise I seem to remember they were running quite strongly, so seems odd other options weren't explored first (unless they were).

Looks like 7 isn't a lucky number after all.

Hats off to both of the all female driver cars. The #50 Richard Mille LMP2 with Tatiana Calderon, Sophia Florsch, and Beitske Visser finished 13th overall and 9th in LMP2. And the #85 Iron Lynx Ferrari with Manuela Gostner, Rahel Frey, and Michelle Gatting finished 8th in GTE AM.

@mastergracie Do you mean Audi that left in 2016 or Porsche that did the same in 2017 in LMP1? Or Ford and BMW that left GTE Pro at the end of 2019? Maybe Corvette that didn’t come over due to COVID?

Back