Formula 1 2021 Formula 1 Constructors thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jimlaad43, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Snikle

Snikle

Yes, it is a very nice color. Caught my eye real quick.

2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

I think it looks great. The only thing I'd change is replacing the pink with the lime green, but there's not much that can be done about that since BWT is a main sponsor of theirs. Pink and green is not a very good color combo, but they've managed to make it work very well. This is gonna be one of the best looking grids in recent times. Imagine all the different colors when they line up before the race.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  3. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

The pink is subtle and it makes it look better overall

4. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I like this much better. The pink looks tacky to me.

5. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

Would've looked just about perfect if not for the yellow JCB sponsorship. Looks especially out of place on the rear end plates.

Having one car run with pink accents and the other with neon yellow would be fine if it wasn't against the rules. I think they've settled on the stronger colour combo however.

ASH32 likes this.
  6. Sum1s2pid

Sum1s2pid

Nice, that Aston looks sharp. Treat Vettel well. Need more battles towards the front of the pack.

7. Liquid

Liquid Premium

This 100%.

ASH32 likes this.
  8. pumaATTACK

pumaATTACK

1. Alpine
    2. Aston Martin
    3. Alfa Romeo

I would be shocked if Williams or Haas introduce anything better than those three, given their prior liveries.

Ferrari is classic red but never my favorite design.

9. Nessy

Nessy Premium

I quite like the new AM livery, and i'm so glad they decided to not go with that awful lime green accent, as i much prefer the pink. It just works.
    Actually the colour combo (although the green isn't the same), is giving me vibes of the classic Vaillant Porsche livery.

10. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Got to watch the Aston Martin livestream last night, and my goodness the AMR21 is quite the looker (though the Alpine still looks better :D ) . Somehow they managed to mix that awesome green with the BWT pink, and it doesn't look bad at all. I think it could be better, but it certainly wasn't easy. That stark contrast definitely makes for one of the most unique liveries on the grid.

11. McLaren

McLaren Premium

I dig the circled number choice on the fin, but they should've carried that over to the nose as well, imo.

12. Quakebass

Quakebass

Russia banned from international sports representation.

Haas be like:

6111634D-BC7B-4260-984B-CAF8D95BE5EA.png

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  13. Rossell2

Rossell2

I think because I've been spoilt with Alpine and Aston that I don't like that livery at all. Hoping Williams is better later.

14. GlamFM

GlamFM

Looks cool, but nothing to write home about.

My ranking so far:

1: Alpine
    2: Aston
    3: Mercedes
    4: AlphaTauri
    5: Haas
    6: McLaren
    7: AlfaRomeo
    8: RedBull

EDIT: Indeed a Russian flag on wheels. Oh well.

15. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

At least there's no mistaking where their money is coming from this year. And it's far less gaudy looking then I would have expected.

Quakebass likes this.
  16. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Haas really could have been a lot worse at least aesthetically.

17. MaxAttack

MaxAttack Premium

The only American team on the grid has the Russian flag for a livery and advertises a chemicals giant in the Urals.

Delicious, delicious irony.

AfraidRacer, DK, ECGadget and 10 others like this.
  18. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I don’t like the Haas livery at all. If it was
    black or grey instead of white then it would be ok imo.

19. Kazuya720

Kazuya720

Please dear fellow Americans and Brits: its a French company so please don't say "Aaalpiineee" or its very delicate soft, without the "e" at the end ,just "Alpin(e)"

MaxAttack likes this.
  20. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

To be fair, that Haas isn't too bad, at least Red White and Blue is part of the flags of 3 of the countries the team has ties to (USA of course, UK base, Russian driver/money) The only thing that's missing is green for the Italian Dallara chassis.

But, it's a good way to get around the whole "Russian drivers banned from representing their country", by just plastering the flag on the car and calling it "coincidental aesthetic lines" or something. Still, I was expecting much worse from a Uralkali livery so it's meh at best.

I just hope it doesn't clash with Williams, that's all.

21. Liquid

Liquid Premium

It does but a horizontal tricolour of white, blue and red on the car as opposed to the well-known phrasing "red, white and blue" is clearly a deliberate and direct reference to Russia. You even wrote it as red, white and blue in your own post. Nobody is fooled, there's a big Russian flag on the front wing. It's more of a stunning coincidence that the colours match the USA and UK, to be honest.

Funnily enough, if they did go for the common phrasing of "the red, white and blue" in the same layout you'd get the Dutch flag.

22. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Don't misquote me. I am very aware that it's clearly the Russian flag (as shown by the second paragraph), but I am at least trying to appreciate and review the livery rather than just being the 17 millionth comment blasting it for pointing out the same thing "uh Russian flag bad Mazepin evil". Yes, correct but there's more to this livery.

That more being: Uralkali and 1&1 are the only sponsors on the car. Dmitry Mazepin must be giving Haas massive amounts of money to deal with the disaster that was gropegate because there's no way a team so strapped for cash would allow such a sponsor exodus. Yes, a bunch like Jack & Jones were personal sponsors of their previous drivers, but it shows just how much mud is on Mazepin's name if the team can't get anyone to sponsor them even with a Schumacher in the other seat.

Also, still no Rich Energy yet. So are they at Williams or Ferrari?

EDIT: Someone on Reddit has edited the livery for Mick Schumacher
    [​IMG]

LeGeNd-1 and Quakebass like this.
  23. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Damn, I didn't even think of it being just a big Russian flag when I first saw it. :lol: Guess that explains why the American flag on the side fin (?) is gone now.

Keef likes this.
  24. andrea

andrea

So blatant :lol

25. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's the 2020 car though.

Haas is in major trouble. It hasn't fitted the engine to the car yet, because the Ferrari engine team can't get from Italy to the UK. A grand livery reveal doesn't even use the 2021 car, which begs a question about where exactly it is; the VF-21 is now scheduled to debut on the first day of the Bahrain test, which is Williams FW42 levels of inept. Haas has also said it will not develop the car during the season at all, as it focuses on the 2022 regs.

One driver is very popular, but not especially feted for his talent. It's also now pretty clear that the "internal" resolution of the fact the other seat is occupied by a dangerous imbecile who can't even apologise properly for sexual assault despite two "attempts" at it came down to how many zeroes were on his father's cheque.

Dorilton Capital must be rubbing its hands with glee at the guaranteed ninth spot.

DK, MUSC4EVER, ECGadget and 12 others like this.
  26. Quakebass

Quakebass

In all seriousness I really don’t hate the design, but just like... couldn’t they have been a little more subtle? :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-ZETA likes this.
  27. pumaATTACK

pumaATTACK

That Haas livery looks so cheap. The paint quality compared to Alpine and Aston is terrible.

And I immediately thought of Russia when I saw it. Oof

28. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Then it's the first livery on the grid that actually worked at making someone think of what they're trying to promote :lol:

29. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

They've pretty much barred any more sponsors from coming in. If I were a company, I'd be afraid that my name on that car would be directly associated with Russia.

I give HAAS 2-3 years before they're out of the sport or taken over by Mazepin.

30. Samus

Samus

FIA ok'd the livery according to reports.

No worries on a clash from the Williams, that has been revealed via the AR thing they're doing. It's...erm....interesting.

[​IMG]

Unless it's just some temp thing they put on the AR model, but seems unlikely.