2021 Kimera EV037- a Modern Day Lancia 037

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
Kimera Automobili, an Italian auto startup, has just unveiled the EVO37, a reimagined Lancia 037 that retains the iconic rally car’s looks and combines them with modern technologies. Powering the Kimera EVO37 is a 2.1-liter four-cylinder just like the original Lancia 037. However, this engine has been redesigned under the guidance of Claudio Lombardi, who was responsible for building the engines of the original rally cars. It boasts both a supercharger and a turbocharger (like the Delta S4 that succeeded the 037 in rallying) and pumps out 500 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque, which are sent to the rear wheels via a manual transmission. It features redesigned suspension from Ohlins and upgraded brakes from Brembo and sits on a set of unique 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels. While no weight figure has been announced, it is expected to sit around the 1,000 kg (2,200 lbs) mark.

Kimera plans to build just 37 units priced at €480,000 (~$585,000) each. The EVO37 will be presented to the public at the upcoming Goodwood Festival of Speed while customer deliveries will begin in September.

kimera-automobili-evo37.jpg

Kimera-EVO37-2.jpg

Kimera-EVO37-3.jpg

Kimera-EVO37-4.jpg

Kimera-EVO37-5.jpg

Kimera-EVO37-11.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/05/k...lancia-037-with-modern-tech-more-than-500-hp/

I was just thinking about a modern 037 yesterday what a coincidence. But. Why would you get this if it's going to cost around the same as the original? I love it and all, but I'd wait out for a real 037 if I was in the market.

I was just thinking about a modern 037 yesterday what a coincidence. But. Why would you get this if it's going to cost around the same as the original? I love it and all, but I'd wait out for a real 037 if I was in the market.
Yup, nearly $600,000 for this car, despite how interesting it is, is borderline absurd. Who even knows what will come of this car, though. Three years ago another Italian automotive startup came out with a modern-day Stratos and claimed it will only be priced at $60,000. It never made it passed the prototype phase.

What makes this great is that some of the original team worked on it, I'd buy one.
This is an easy answer. The original is a collector, an old car and probably comes with high maintenance and lots of hassle and not practical for daily use also due to probably being irreplaceable.

What makes this great is that some of the original team worked on it, I'd buy one.
This is an easy answer. The original is a collector, an old car and probably comes with high maintenance and lots of hassle and not practical for daily use also due to probably being irreplaceable.

I don't see how an ultra low-volume retro-mod version would be any different in that regard.

I love 037 Rallye. The lines, the shape, the sound, the somehow-luxury-car front plate roughly rammed onto this uncompromising wedge, the "under the skirt" look of the back of the rally cars.

I don't like this at all. They've nu-millenium'd up all the edges and I seriously hate the wheels. And the LED headlights.

All stickling aside I say the same to this as I said to the £200k Delta remake and to the modern Stratos thingy; if you care so much for the Lancia heritage, go wrest the brand from Fiat Chrysler (Stellantis?) and become the latest mad engineer to take it thru 5-10 years of cutting edge innovation on an unavoidable collision course with total bankruptcy. Anything short of that is unworthy of the Lancia heritage.

I'm not sure if I'm in a huge minority here but parking it next to the real deal was an awful idea. The wing looks ultra tacky and just... Ugh, 2020s edges. Did I mention I hate the headlights?

I'll show myself out, now.

Last edited:
I don't see how an ultra low-volume retro-mod version would be any different in that regard.
You are most likely right, but why buy a new age mini or 500? Also probably easier for 500 people to buy this 037 than an original.
I love 037 Rallye. The lines, the shape, the sound, the somehow-luxury-car front plate roughly rammed onto this uncompromising wedge, the "under the skirt" look of the back of the rally cars.

I don't like this at all. They've nu-millenium'd up all the edges and I seriously hate the wheels. And the LED headlights.

All stickling aside I say the same to this as I said to the £200k Delta remake and to the modern Stratos thingy; if you care so much for the Lancia heritage, go wrest the brand from Fiat Chrysler (Stellantis?) and become the latest mad engineer to take it thru 5-10 years of cutting edge innovation on an unavoidable collision course with total bankruptcy. Anything short of that is unworthy of the Lancia heritage.

I'm not sure if I'm in a huge minority here but parking it next to the real deal was an awful idea. The wing looks ultra tacky and just... Ugh, 2020s edges. Did I mention I hate the headlights?

I'll show myself out, now.
Agree about the headlights, they look like they're switched on though which makes them stand out. Probably looks better switched off. As for wrestling Lancia away, no chance. Maybe someone with obscene amounts of money could do it but not these guys, tbh I dont know why Lancio dont just do this themselves. I like this, wasnt keen on the Delta remake, still I'd take the original any day.
So are they chopping up real 037s to make them or are these some elaborate Elise rebody
No, I did read but i will double check.

Edit:
01a-c414f4ae.jpeg

Theres details and a video of the chassis here.

https://www.kimera-automobili.com/en/autenticaevoluzioneen/thetribute.html

Last edited:
I'd be much more pleased if they make a new retro-style, ala 037, HF Integrale Evo II. Preferably affordable of course. Maybe EV?

You are most likely right, but why buy a new age mini or 500? Also probably easier for 500 people to buy this 037 than an original.
Agree about the headlights, they look like they're switched on though which makes them stand out. Probably looks better switched off. As for wrestling Lancia away, no chance. Maybe someone with obscene amounts of money could do it but not these guys, tbh I dont know why Lancio dont just do this themselves. I like this, wasnt keen on the Delta remake, still I'd take the original any day.

No, I did read but i will double check.

Edit:
View attachment 1013277
Theres details and a video of the chassis here.

https://www.kimera-automobili.com/en/autenticaevoluzioneen/thetribute.html
I don't know if you know of Mike Burroughs's time attack Ferrari 308 project but seeing this bare spaceframe and comparing it to the monstrosity that Ferrari built is pretty glaring. This spaceframe looks pretty nice, effective and relatively lightweight. The 308's frame looks like it was built in a shed out of scrap steel.

I don't know if you know of Mike Burroughs's time attack Ferrari 308 project but seeing this bare spaceframe and comparing it to the monstrosity that Ferrari built is pretty glaring. This spaceframe looks pretty nice, effective and relatively lightweight. The 308's frame looks like it was built in a shed out of scrap steel.
I had to Google it. Yes I'm aware of his car but didn't know his name.

Back