2021 Nissan Ariya

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 16 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Some leaked photos to hold everyone over until the reveal tonight.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/2021-nissan-ariya-is-all-charged-up-for-its-big-debut-tomorrow/

(Side note: 100% of the development of this thing has been in Japan. I have not seen it in person or driven it)

2021-Nissan-Ariya-1.jpg

2021-Nissan-Ariya-6.jpg

2021-Nissan-Ariya-4.jpg

2021-Nissan-Ariya-3.jpg

Edit:

Last edited:
Do you, at least, like that two-spoke wheel?:scared:

Oh no what's this nasty trend of two spokes, ugh it not 1932 for god sake. Slap another spoke on there so it look like a better version of the jukes interior, cleaner and fresher. The exterior is very new, nissan design language but less crazy like the new JUKE, some might even mistake it for a Lexus UX or RX or whatever they call these things "AHEM" :banghead:

VXR
The interior is very fresh. The outside is generic, but that's to be expected with this class of vehicle unfortunately.

Totally agree with you, the exterior is very MEH.
BUT the interior is well done.

Do you, at least, like that two-spoke wheel?:scared:

Typically I hate two spoke steering wheels, but surprisingly, Nissan did a fantastic interior design here and the steering wheel here is even better than some of the three of four spoke steering wheels out there...

Mad props to Nissan now.

The design language of the current Altima and Sentra are almost head Turners...

Edit: by the way, is this based on the technology found in the Nissan Leaf ?

Last edited:
Proof that concept design can be carried over to production form without butchering it. It looks very nice and seems to have a premium feel, especially with that copper paint job.

I think the Ariya could give the Tesla Model Y a serious run for its money. It's electric cars like this (albeit still boring, at the end of the day), that are stylish looking, well-priced, and have a good range as well that could seriously disrupt Tesla's hegemony on the electric car market.

Hard to believe this was revealed almost 2 years ago and it still hasn't hit the streets yet. :boggled:

Since then, so many vehicles have been introduced and released in this segment. Now this doesn't look as groundbreaking as it did initially. With that said, if Nissan can convince existing Leaf owners to upgrade, it should draw decent sales figures.

Last edited:
Arctic Trucks and Nissan developed an arctic ready Ariya which will be driven by a couple from the North Pole to the South Pole

preview-928x522.jpg

preview-928x522.jpg

preview-928x522.jpg

preview-928x522.jpg

preview-928x522.jpg

preview-928x522.jpg

I've never seen one of these on the road.
Nissan has been running a lot of radio ads about it, but always mention at the end that it has "limited availability for 2023" which I can't help but parse that as "we're not confident that it's going to sell well in this market yet so we only shipped over a couple per dealership". But with everyone else getting more serious about bringing out proper EV models now that they can piggyback off Tesla's charging network, that hesitancy is probably going to come back to bite them sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Back