2022 Kia K8

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
Kia's premium mid-size sedan offering, the K8, has been revealed, as a successor to the Cadenza. So far, only exterior photos have been leaked, and nothing is known about the interior or its specifications. It will be a "global car" and likely offered in the US, to compete with the Maxima and Avalon.

upload_2021-2-17_15-48-4.png

upload_2021-2-17_15-48-50.png

upload_2021-2-17_15-49-4.png

That name, K8, makes it sound like it's some kind of a smoke-belching diesel lorry.

That aside, I think it's an okay looking car, broadly following what Kia and Hyundai have been doing recently, design-wise.

K8 interior photo revealed.

Kia-K8-2a-1024x555.jpg

I must say, it really looks elegant. If there's any positive of the CUV/SUV boom, it's that it seemed to lead to manufacturers upping their game in terms of their sedans. At least in the US market.

Last edited:
I can't overstate how glad I am Kia changed their logo. The old one had just a strong "store-brand" vibe to it. Interior looks cool. The level of detailing and design rigor on most car interiors these days is ridiculous compared to something from even 10 years ago. Like to me, that Kia interior has more design hours in it than anything I can think of from 2005 outside of maybe Pagani or Spyker. No wonder profit margins are razor thin. (Of course, design is a cheap single cost and I'm sure the actual material quality & fit/finish are modest)

That Celebrity was pretty dope for its day. That was about the time I was riding backwards in the rumble seat of an Oldsmobile station wagon. Yes, it had a red suede interior.

FWD = not interested

Also the new Kia logo is crap. Its say KN to me like K&N.

They had a real nice Korean only market logo before.

kia-logo-elements.jpg

Also this FWD nonsense is useless since the Stinger exists.

Back