2023 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Alfa Romeo teases a new supercar on social media

alfa-romeo-supercar-teaser.webp

Last year, there were rumors that a new Alfa Romeo supercar was in the works and that an announcement in March was imminent

Before Alfa Romeo becomes purely electric later this decade, the Italian brand will likely have a dedicated sports car. In an interview with Autocar, the automaker's head honcho Jean-Philippe Imparato said the bespoke performance machine is months away from being approved for production. In an ideal scenario, a public announcement could be made as early as March 2023. The British magazine speculates it could be a hypercar with a price tag well into the six-figure territory.

“When you visit the museum of Arese, you see so many ideas from our past,” said [Alfa boss Jean-Philippe Imparato]. “Yes, we are working on something ‘few off’ [as in the firm would only make a few of them in a limited run] for Alfa Romeo."

It is not yet known what form the car will take, be it petrol or electric, but Imparato hinted that it would be a bespoke Alfa model rather than shared with another Stellantis brand or model, such as the Maserati MC20.

“It’s 1969 [the Spider] since the last time Alfa Romeo was stamped on a chassis,” he said, adding it would be “a cool thing” to do it again. He said the model would not just be a track car, but one that could still be driven everyday despite its likely price and positioning. “It could be iconic, super-sexy and recognisable as an Alfa Romeo at first sight.

“It’s not done yet, but it’s ongoing. The positioning is ongoing. We have so many fans asking for something special,” he said, before adding that he hoped to be able to give an answer to them in March next year.

His description suggests it could even stray into hypercar territory, with a suggestion that the price could run into the hundreds of thousands.

Imparato said this limited-run car is parallel to Alfa’s core range of models. This new range of cars has been signed off until 2027 after the return of Alfa to the black in 2021 and the first half of 2022. One model per year will be launched.

I would be surprised if it isn't on the MC20 platform, despite whatever vague hints. I'll be bored if it's some extra+ hypercar.

I would be surprised if it isn't on the MC20 platform, despite whatever vague hints. I'll be bored if it's some extra+ hypercar.
The '6' in 6C indicates this model will feature a 6-cylinder engine. Given that multiple news outlets have reported Alfa Romeo will be releasing a vehicle based on the same platform as the MC20 (which also has a 6-cylinder engine), this teaser is extremely likely to be hinting towards that.

The 8C was a lovely car, though [BBC] Top Gear seen it more as art and nothing else. The 4C is very lovely and will floor you where you stand seeing it in person. My thought process is that the 6C will slot somewhere between the 4C and 8C. I am fairly intrigued about what Alfa Romeo comes up with for the 6C.

The future supercar is almost already sold out before it is revealed or officially green lit by Stellantis, a decision to be made in April

Alfa Romeo’s upcoming supercar, known as the '6C', has nearly sold out ahead of an expected reveal later this summer.

Jean-Philippe Imparato confirmed deposits have already been taken, despite the car not officially being signed off by parent brand Stellantis – a decision due to be made in April.

“It will be sold out before I unveil the car”, he added.

It is not yet known what form the car will take, but it will “contribute to the DNA” of the brand, Imparato said, hinting at a heritage design.

“We are working on something that I could put aside the 8C in the museum of Arese, being proud of our contribution to the history of Alfa Romeo. That is what we want.”

“To take this type of decision in 2022 in a group like Stellantis, everyone considers that you are completely mad,” said Imparato, hinting that the car will likely be fitted with a combustion engine, rather than an electric powertrain.

He also said the model would not just be a track car, but one that could still be driven everyday despite its likely price and positioning. “It could be iconic, super-sexy and recognisable as an Alfa Romeo at first sight.

“It’s not done yet, but it’s ongoing. The positioning is ongoing. We have so many fans asking for something special,” he said, before adding that he hoped to be able to give an answer to them in March next year.

His description suggests it could even stray into hypercar territory, with a suggestion that the price could run into the hundreds of thousands.

Hopefully Alfa Romeo can survive in the future.

It would be such a shame if we lost this brand.

Cant wait for the 6C.

Alfa's new supercar will be officially revealed on the 30th of August, the weekend of the Monza Grand Prix

1688496932373.png

Alfa's boss is genuinely excited about the mysterious car: "This project is a dream come true, inspired by a daring team that wanted to achieve something unique."

According to this Italian article, the Alfa will be based on the MC20 with an additional hybrid system. Only a dozen or so will be made for over a million dollars, all of which have already been claimed

Translated:
As anticipated directly by the CEO of the brand, Jean-Philippe Imparato, the new flagship model of the Alfa Romeo is already sold out. All the – very few – specimens have already been purchased by collectors at a price that has not yet been disclosed (and perhaps never will be), but the various rumors speak of millionaires and a few dozen specimens expected. The framework of the new supercar from Arese will in all likelihood be derived from that of the Maserati MC20, with which the heir to the 33 Stradale could also share the V6 Nettuno engine. On the Alfa, however, alongside the six-cylinder there could be at least one electric unit, which could bring the power to around 800 horsepower.

but the various rumors speak of millionaires
Not sure why the Italian press thinks this is noteworthy, I had a small thought in the back of my mind without external help that such cars are bought by millionaires. I mean, if rumors would speak about homeless people getting the allocations, or even regular worker bees like me, I could see that being mentioned. But millionaires? No **** :)

Last edited by a moderator:
is this it? date is same but it doesnt match the silhouette in thread

anyways absolutely belissima! Rear alone is prettier than whole supercar lineups of other manufacturers.

EDIT posted correct video lol

Last edited:
Apart from some of the detailing on the front and rear lights, I'm in agreeance, it looked too busy to me in the beginning but I'm starting to see how good it looks.

33 Stradale with either a twin turbo V6 from the Giulia Quadrifoglio making 620hp or an electric drivetrain making over 750hp

1693422842769.png

1693422854199.png

1693422859127.png

1693422878124.png

1693422938701.png

1693423041387.png

1693422900938.png

1693422905935.png

Alfa Romeo built the last 8C in 2010 before teasing a return in a product roadmap released in 2018. However, the 700-horsepower coupe never happened as parent company FCA pulled the plug less than a year later. Fast forward to 2023, there's a new flagship sports car from the fabled Italian brand, and this time around, it's actually happening. Rather than being an 8C successor, this is a revival of the achingly beautiful 33 Stradale.

As with its source of inspiration sold in the late 1960s when only 18 were made, the new 33 Stradale has a mid-engined layout. The gorgeous retro-flavored body is going to be handcrafted by the coachbuilders at Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera. That makes it the second Alfa in recent times to get a completely bespoke coachbuilt body, after last year's Giulia SWB Zagato.

The modern-day 33 Stradale is less exclusive than its ancestor as Alfa Romeo intends to make 33 cars. All were sold within weeks after the 2022 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Monza on September 11 when prospective buyers were invited to get an early look behind closed doors. No two cars are going to be the same as each will be a "unique and unrepeatable work of art" meticulously crafted by a special team.

The interior is offered in two themes: Tributo and Alfa Corse. While the former will mimic the classic car, the latter will be sportier. The cockpit-like interior has aluminum shift paddles behind a steering wheel devoid of any controls since Alfa wants you to focus on what's really important – driving. The cabin uses a combination of leather, carbon fiber, aluminum, and Alcantara while staying true to its 1960s forebearer.

At the heart of Alfa Romeo's new flagship is a twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 engine producing over 620 horsepower channeled to the rear wheels. You might be tempted to believe the engine is Maserati's Nettuno because of the identical output, but we're being told it's actually an evolution of the twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 that goes inside the Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifoglio models.

The ICE works with an eight-speed, dual-clutch automatic transmission from ZF whereas the MC20 has an eight-speed DCT from Tremec. While torque isn't mentioned, we'll remind you this six-cylinder engine developed by Alfa pumps out 443 pound-feet (600 Newton-meters) in the Quadrifoglio models, the Giulia GTA/GTAm, and the Giulia SWB Zagato we mentioned earlier.

Alternatively, buyers can get the reborn 33 Stradale as a fully electric supercar with over 750 hp, which echoes the output found in the GranTurismo Folgore where the three motors deliver a combined 996 lb-ft. The EV variant will do 280 miles (450 kilometers) on the WLTP cycle to match the GranTurismo Folgore. However, we should point out that Alfa Romeo doesn't explicitly say the 33 Stradale uses the tri-motor setup as the equally powerful EV from Maserati.

Regardless of what powers it, the 33 Stradale will do 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in less than three seconds and top out at 207 mph (333 km/h). Its stopping power is supplied by Brembo carbon-ceramic discs and a brake-by-wire setup, while the suspension consists of a double-arm configuration with active dampers and a front-axle lift system.

Alfa Romeo CEO Jean-Philippe Imparato promises the 33 Stradale will not be the brand's last special car as additional highly bespoke models are planned.

Can't say I'm a fan of such a creatively bankrupt idea. It's like they saw how Lamborghini remade the Countach and got quite inspired. Obviously, it's already a commercial success, so I'll at least credit this remake of the 33 with that. In the context of Alfa Romeo models that could come to GT7 - or otherwise added to the current offerings in a future title - there are so many other models I'd rather see, like the original Tipo 33 Stradale or the original TZ. Then there's the ideal return of some models from previous GT games, like the TZ3 Stradale, the GTV, or the Brera. Ah, but I digress.

Last edited:
unpopular opinion: I would like revival of hatch, including estate like 33 had. Besides estate, I would love to see Alfasud/33 hatchbacks, 146 sedan and 145 boxy variants. Maybe even base it on Giulia and make it RWD. But I would call that Alfasud or whatever other name so this doesn't get cancelled out with this. I doubt that Alfa Romeo will ever make hatches and wagons because Stellantis has many and they are less profitable than SUVs. And if it would it would be Giulietta and/or 147 with elements from SUVs. That would still be at least decent though

I wouldn’t call it gorgeous - I wouldn’t even call it pretty - but it is very unique and cool. Pretty bold design. Not nearly as nice as the original car and very fussy but I like it.

Back