• 29 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
1676308835375.png

Not a fan. Too much black, I don't really like the way the blue lines flow through it, and all Google related sponsoring is still an eye sore

In general blue & orange make a good combo. But there’s something about that particular blue and orange that doesn’t look great. The Google logos make it worse

Not a looker, and not fast from the sounds of it

Stella said: "Normally you need to be totally happy to achieve your targets. While we are happy with the development in most areas (of the car), there are some areas we realised some strong directions a little late so have not necessarily been able to capitalise in the short term.

"That's why I talk about 'after the start of the season'. It is more relative to ourselves and that's why I talk about realism."

The Italian, who joined McLaren from Ferrari in 2015, said the parts he was talking about should arrive "we hope a couple of months into the season, hopefully less - this may coincide with race four, we will see how early we can get the project to land."

Lando needs to look for other places, McLaren isn't going anywhere. When was McLaren's last truly competitive season... 2012?

Last edited:
Kind of want a rule where there's no bare carbon bodywork. 😕

Be thankful they didn't go ahead with the proposed minimum weight decrease. The new tyres for this year are heavier, there are new spec electronic boxes in the cars that have added weight. Given some teams struggled to make weight last season and had to shed livery, they've now effectively got to find another 1.5kg to shave off again, hence they've lost more livery to make that weight.

They were meant to go down to 796kg, I think had they done that we would have been identifying cars from their sponsors rather than their colours.

Don't ever expect much for open wheel liveries, even so, not got a problem with the carbon as it's accompanied buy a second and third layer of colour. Heck the carbon could be covered with a black or white gloss and it would relatively change very little.

Still a lot better than having one single colour with sponsors on it, or a single stripe running from one end to another. Not saying there is anything wrong with the latter, but I can see that some effort has been put into this and I've seen people go mad for much less.

I was so annoyed how the official F1 channels compared the revealed livery with the initial 2022 livery, because by the end of the season, the McLaren had already lost almost all of its orange

What they revealed in 2022

2022_MCL_LAUNCH-MCL36-SAFE_LN_VELO_Side_v1_WEBSITE_RELEASE_600x620.jpg

Here it is at the end of the season in Brazil and Mexico

Brazil_Quali_22_report_5.jpg

GP2220_125506_67A7545.jpg

And what was revealed for 2023

mclaren-mcl60-2.png

I was so annoyed how the official F1 channels compared the revealed livery with the initial 2022 livery, because by the end of the season, the McLaren had already lost almost all of its orange

What they revealed in 2022

2022_MCL_LAUNCH-MCL36-SAFE_LN_VELO_Side_v1_WEBSITE_RELEASE_600x620.jpg

Here it is at the end of the season in Brazil and Mexico

Brazil_Quali_22_report_5.jpg

GP2220_125506_67A7545.jpg

And what was revealed for 2023

mclaren-mcl60-2.png

They're just comparing launch liveries. Like they've done with every team.

On the livery, I thought 2019-2021 were a thing of loveliness and now they've pretty much ruined it. For an example of a really good livery, see the Aston Martin that was launched on the same day. If it ain't broke, don't faff around with it.

Another messy livery with a bunch of logos vomited all over the car. Some in colour, some in monochrome. It’s a mess.

A far cry from the Marlboro/West/Vodafone days.

This design really does no favours to the shape of the car, it looks like a fat ass or something. This is my expert analysis, I felt the same about last years livery.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back