Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,503 comments
Simple Audi's 20 points overall was better than Ferrari's 19 points overall. Only the top driver for that round (highest points scorer) points count. They get given points starting with the highest score down to the lowest. It's those points that score on the leaderboard.
Yeah I see that now. Top points scorer gives the Manu the points, even if it's the only round he participates in.

So, A drivers out there, if you want to sneak your way into a live event, get an A+ alien to bag a couple 350-point races with Suzuki or something and then not race anymore. DR A driver does the whole season, maybe gets 200-250 points per round, and maybe it's good enough to get the Manu into the top 12.

Then DR A driver can enjoy a live event lapping four seconds off the pace on live TV 😅.

Haven’t been paying much attention to my DR but rage quits and Nurburgring have dropped me to the verge of DR C & GT3. Maybe a season down there will be a bit less stressful, even someone as slow as me should be able to qualify near the front.

I won’t drop myself deliberately but it may happen anyway with some bad runs on the long Spa daily.

Yeah I see that now. Top points scorer gives the Manu the points, even if it's the only round he participates in.

So, A drivers out there, if you want to sneak your way into a live event, get an A+ alien to bag a couple 350-point races with Suzuki or something and then not race anymore. DR A driver does the whole season, maybe gets 200-250 points per round, and maybe it's good enough to get the Manu into the top 12.

Then DR A driver can enjoy a live event lapping four seconds off the pace on live TV 😅.
It's a shame that technique can't work for the Nations Cup, players from all but the 20 best countries are pretty much locked out of that.

There have been non-A+ drivers in Manu live events before. Not only can you piggyback off of a better driver that doesn't do enough races, you can benefit from the scores in other regions. It's the reason I keep trying to figure out what manufacturers are popular elsewhere but not here in NA (although I am at least A+ now!!)

Haven’t been paying much attention to my DR but rage quits and Nurburgring have dropped me to the verge of DR C & GT3. Maybe a season down there will be a bit less stressful, even someone as slow as me should be able to qualify near the front.

I won’t drop myself deliberately but it may happen anyway with some bad runs on the long Spa daily.
Top of gt3 is full of high B level and even A level drivers. You are maybe better of in low B driving gt2...

Top of gt3 is full of high B level and even A level drivers. You are maybe better of in low B driving gt2...

I know of the smurfs but based on this recent season there aren’t too many driving the Corvette, in Europe at least. Could still get a decent result in the manufacturer standings and make some credits whilst I’m
down there.

Last edited:

Maybe there should be a rule that you must participate in 2 of 4 or 3 of 4 races in order for your points to count towards the final ratings. Is that far out there thinking?

Nurburgring was rough. I guess I was due a bad race after having 3 great results. PS plus expired as I tried to enter so Inguess it was my 1 year anniversary of getting back to GT (having last played GT3 back in high school…)

1st entry I come in door #1, qualify nicely in 5th. Completely dry race but I just couldn’t keep it on the track. Minor off resulting in damage, pit for fuel and repair, then just go off again two times. End up in 10th or something, not watching th replay to find out, lol.

2nd race, looks like rain in quali, so I go out on inters. But it doesn’t rain, so I completely torch the inters on the out lap. Halfway through the hot lap it feels like I’m driving in ice in the dry, spinning out twice, so I back out and go without quali. Looks like it rained at the very end of the hot lap, RH runners were fine turning 8:05 laps. Start 15th, immediately run into the back of a 911 going into the chicane at the end of the GP loop. I braked a full 50 meters early and still hit him, so I assume there was additional contact ahead. Still make a up a couple places before putting end of lap 2, taking inters. Half a lap I’m worried but it starts to rain. Make up like 45 seconds on the field, cross the line in 6th, thinking I’m a genius. Until I lose focus and go off into the wall. Nurse those last 2.5 laps for 9th. Fine but not what it should’ve been.

Oh well, can’t win em all, as they say. Still took 50th for AMG in GT1, 3 million credits for my trouble. Best GTWS season so far, and still highest DR I’ve had, getting near mid-A. And roulette tickets falling my way getting 500k or 1 million for 3 out of 4 of my last sessions ain’t bad 👌.

Now I have to ditch my beloved AMG GT3 for the official season since I’m signed for Ferrari from last year (for the Gr 4, since I needed it at the time). Now it’s Gr 3 only (most likely) for me, I guess it’s time to start getting acquainted 🙂.

Now I have to ditch my beloved AMG GT3 for the official season since I’m signed for Ferrari from last year (for the Gr 4, since I needed it at the time). Now it’s Gr 3 only (most likely) for me, I guess it’s time to start getting acquainted 🙂.

Contracts only last one season now. You’re free to drive for AMG or anyone else.

I’m definitely going to be with Chevrolet. Was fastest in the Corvette for both daily race practices. Something about that car just clicks for me. Now I just need to sort out a suitable livery.

Last edited:
So, now we have some downtime before the official schedules come out - what combinations are people hoping show up for official Manu/Nations/TGR, and which combinations are you all hoping stay off the schedules?
Longshot meme race dibs: S15 TC at Daytona Oval.
The final race will be TBA at reveal time for a new GR car we get in a July/August update. Everyone gets excited thinking that it's the GT500 GR Supra at Sugo, only to be disappointed when it ends up being Lake Louise in a RAV4 GR Sport or something.
For better or worse, Daihatsu Copen GR Sport. That being said, the GT500 cars (as much as I hope for them to arrive for GR GT Cup use...) would need to come in three-pack for all three manufacturers.

So, now we have some downtime before the official schedules come out - what combinations are people hoping show up for official Manu/Nations/TGR, and which combinations are you all hoping stay off the schedules?

Pipe Dream - PD make sweeping changes to the format. They introduce new Championships specific to brands other than Toyota, a SuperFormula Championship, MX5, Radical, Gr.1, Gr.2 etc....

Hopeful Expectation - A decent length Championship (at least 10 races) with some new combos and good length races (45 mins) with some good strategy options. More than 3 GT1 slots.

Actual Expectation - 7-8 rounds of which 4 will count of repeat combos. Gr.4 remains absent from GT1 Manufacturers Cup.

Whatever happens I'm sure I'll do the majority of the races, I just want to be more excited about the official season than I am.

Contracts only last one season now. You’re free to drive for AMG or anyone else.

I’m definitely going to be with Chevrolet. Was fastest in the Corvette for both daily race practices. Something about that car just clicks for me. Now I just need to sort out a suitable livery.
Interesting, I missed that. But that’s good news 🙂.

Might try a couple different manufacturers out, but outside of daily races, every time I do I end up coming back to the same one. I’m probably just very used to it at this point and maybe need to shake it up anyway.

What am I missing? I know the spreadsheet shows +60hp but screenshot shows it went down 29hp per the BoP...? If anything I thought the +410lbs would be the issue.

1711622205366.png

Where's the schedule ?! I want to know whether it'll be dry races for the new svelte Corvette.
May do some testing with the Jaaaaag in the meantime, think I only ever used them for one of the very early test seasons.

Wondering whether you should stay with your previous manufacturer? Trying to decide who to jump to if you didn't like your last one? Or are you a Subaru or Ford driver who has no idea which of their Gr.3 cars you should be using?

Then I have the resource for you - this morning I've amalgamated all* of the Gr.3 BoP changes from the previous three updates, and displayed the total changes in this spreadsheet so you can see at a glance what's happened to each car since last year's official season BoP. Hope it's useful!

*not including the broken LM Test Car buff.

The LM Test Cr buff has made it to the "known issues" list, so I'd expect a hotfix before the GTWS opens up, or at least before racing actually starts.

@Talon16, the changes on the screenshot are from where you had the car in the garage (or where the un-BoP'd rental is), not from where the previous BoP was.

Seeing the big weight loss on the Audi and Citroen, I’m tempted to give those a try. I tested the Peugeot earlier today at Bathurst, and its weight reduction felt good, matching my AMG pace after only a few laps. Dipper is still tricky but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Back