Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,179 comments
Looks like I had to close the page and refresh it. Must not be a lot of fast players in California. Or America for that matter

IMG_3297.jpeg

That's good - there were swarms of them in my 2 races, probably the same on Saturday :D
THat's why I love Manu, it really spreads out the cars that are in the races. Obviously you have to pick your Manu with the Gr3 & Gr4 cars in mind. Some of the OP Gr3 cars maybe not so good in Gr4 and vice versa. Makes things a lot more interesting than seeing 16 Gr3 Supras or 16 Gr4 Silvias lined up.

I’ve just done a short practice session at Road Atlanta. I can confirm that the Cayman remains uncompetitive.
And to add insult to injury, the penalty lottery is even worse than the previous track....

That said, I think I've got a bit of a handle on it now...just managed 4 laps in a row in the 1m24s (all of them 24.9s...), so starting to feel less horrible. Hopefully it will be like round 1, where the McLaren seemed to gain grip when tyre wear is on vs in free practice...

We should try and organise some gtplanet lobbies to practice for these events!

Last edited:
I’ve just done a short practice session at Road Atlanta. I can confirm that the Cayman remains uncompetitive.
I'm curious, what kind of lap times you're getting with the Cayman? I've also been doing some practice at Road Atlanta, I haven't done any races there, so I started by getting gold on the Circuit Experience (I found the 1st sector was particularly annoying). But the Cayman seemed pretty stable, just not quick.

I'm curious, what kind of lap times you're getting with the Cayman? I've also been doing some practice at Road Atlanta, I haven't done any races there, so I started by getting gold on the Circuit Experience (I found the 1st sector was particularly annoying). But the Cayman seemed pretty stable, just not quick.
I’m turning high 24s/low 25s in FP. I think my best is a 24.8xx. (I’ll check it shortly). I’m at least half a second off where I should be based on my friends list.

The Cayman is very planted, but it’s also about as quick as a houseplant.

I had no problem with track penalties on Catalunya, but I know I have with Road Atlanta (usually by going wide after the esses). Anyway, is a track I really enjoy with Gr.4 cars and where I'm used to race. I'll have fun even if I have a terrible race.

I’m turning high 24s/low 25s in FP. I think my best is a 24.8xx. (I’ll check it shortly). I’m at least half a second off where I should be based on my friends list.

That's about what I'm making, too. I can't remember exactly, my fastest was like 1:25.0xx with optimals in the the 1:24.7-ish range.

I just have to hope that anybody else driving a Silvia in GT3 can't handle their car like the people on the top of the FP leader board.

Do you mean everyones scores so far?

Thanks for sharing this. I did finally find my way around the site with your help and then signed into “my page “ so I can see results without going into the game. 👍

On another note, have the time slots been made 1 hour earlier for all regions? I haven’t seen anything posted about the a time change but when I logged into the free practice last night saw that my time slots now begin at 15:00 vs 16:00 previously.

Maybe better for east coast NA but sucks for me 🙄 because now I get 1 available slot at 19:00 on weekdays due to work. Hopefully it helps more folks than it hurts with the change.

Can’t do laps fast enough without constantly getting pinged for track limits at turns 3 & 5. Will be way off the pace in the 458 and (especially) the Corvette.

Without any strategy to keep things interesting I may give this one a miss, and instead use the time in preparation for the horror of the Ring on Wednesday.

Just done a quick test of Road Atlanta.

GT2 & GT3 is defo just go out there and run flat out. I was running -2 on the brake bias as I like the front end have more weight transfer on it. As you can see from the info app my tyre wear on the front left was about 35-40% worn. My laps weren’t great either as I was pretty sloppy, but I’d say an average lap time of 1.26.500-1.27.000 is my aim.

This was done in the Genesis G70 which is 4wd
IMG_3332.jpeg

GT1 leagues…… Im going to say it’s a no stop with maybe a little tyre management towards the end.

In my practice for Atlanta, I found I end the 15 laps with nearly the exact tire wear as at catalunya. Same race, different scenery.

At Road Atlanta I'll go with brake balance to the rear again. I'm not consistent enough to tell the difference, so it's just free life span for my front tyres.
and instead use the time in preparation for the horror of the Ring on Wednesday.
I will just drive carefully with whatever I can remember from the recent time trial and collect positions from crashes.

Nah, I got this wrong. My current FP best is 1:25.798. The guys I usually compete against have times between 1:24.6 (G70) and 1:24.9 (Silvia).

When you see that the best time in the most popular car in the series doesn’t appear on the leaderboard until spot 174… well. The Cayman may as well be in a different class.

Edit: I’ve just absolutely nailed a practice lap. I’ll never drive a lap of RA any better than that. 22nd in the world for Porsche. 1:25.181 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, if there's a benefit to totally messing up the daillies over the last 2 weeks or so it's that dropping into GT3 gives me a chance to build some nice stats.

As the screenshot suggests, not much to say about this one. 2nd did get to .5 behind me from a 4 second gap on the last lap and into the final chicane, I guess the Supra manages tire wear a bit better because I didn't feel like I had slowed down at all.

Don't get many points but what does it matter really at this level I'll take the stats and the nice feeling.

Hope everyone enjoys the race! :cheers:

FyP57YnWIAEVtwt.jpg

Edit: I’ve just absolutely nailed a practice lap. I’ll never drive a lap of RA any better than that. 22nd in the world for Porsche. 1:25.181 :rolleyes:
I just saw that lap on my friends list, it must've been perfect but you're right the car is rubbish. Maybe with a slipstream in the race it can move forward.

I reckon we're probably relying on the Gr3 races to score any points this season.

I knew Road Atlanta with Gr.4 couldn't piss me off.

Qualified third with just one try (I got a penalty at the chicane finishing the box out lap and also messed the last lap).

I quickly lost P3 to a Cayman because I'm terrible at the first turn. Then I had some fights with the Cayman and one Silvia. The guy in P1 was lightyears ahead.

P3 in the end. I think I was faster than P2 Cayman, but I didn't want to risk.

188a4752cbe88-screenshotUrl.jpg

67 and 69 points until now, but that were the rounds best suiting me (both with Gr.4 and this one at my best track). Let's see what happens next.

Nah, I got this wrong. My current FP best is 1:25.798. The guys I usually compete against have times between 1:24.6 (G70) and 1:24.9 (Silvia).

When you see that the best time in the most popular car in the series doesn’t appear on the leaderboard until spot 174… well. The Cayman may as well be in a different class.

I also misremembered my PB at the practice. Working on too many time trials and practices will do that, I guess. I still can't remember what my current PB is, I did another 15 laps in FP yesterday and was bringing my times down significantly.

On another note, I don't seem to be having issues with track limits. Only when I'm really pushing it, sometimes I cut turn 3 too deep and get the penalty.

I'm in GT3, currently DR-C, I suspect if this race goes well I'll be moved up to B. So, hoping the other players in my race just have a bad qualifier round. The Clubsport was good for a 3rd place finish for me at Barcelona and Porsche is currently 1st place in GT3.

Finished my run on the first slot today. Mostly B/S with a couple of B/A in this run.

Didn't expect too much from qualifying so was quite surprised to see 2nd after the first lap. Managed to get another two in, but I slid to fourth at the end. So not as much pressure, but definitely some!

First lap went very cleanly, everyone keeping it neat and not too much trouble, until the final chicane when it all started getting a bit more ragged. I managed to keep it neat as the three in front had some issues (in the vid), and went into turn 1 in the lead. I nearly crashed it right then! :lol:

I calmed myself down and just concentrated on clean laps from there. The gap was 4 seconds at one point, but it looks like there was plenty of excitement further down that helped that. Then it started coming down and down By lap 14 the pole sitter had made it back into second place and was bringing the gap down fast.

He caught me on the last lap and had a look down the back straight, but left me to nearly cock it up on my own through the chicane. He was right behind as we crossed the line, 0.143 secs to be exact. Couldn't be happier with the win, and for the end of the race. That was hard work! 😆

34108cc3ccdb46049653285c619bb883_photo.jpeg
ac03213149a56b6e1f2ae06e6c82d7e9_photo.jpeg

Feeling better but not 100%, but well enough to race.
Race1 9am
Qualified P6 with the Vette feeling good around here.
Lap 1 was good as the Supra ahead went wide T1 and my conservative line allowed me to get alongside up the hill and make the move into the right hander.
1686391818866.png

Unfortunately lap 2 it began to fall apart. I ran wide at T1 but held the spin. I lost a few places and was now in P9. Around lap 5 I was following a Ferrari in P8 and coming out of T3 the car randomly spun. The only time across practice and the races were she snapped on me. After pulling myself out of the barrier I was DFL in p14. I managed to pass a few more people some of who had issues. But one of the moves was my new favourite overtake on the same person at the same corner.
1686392016740.png

I managed to claw my way back up to p10 by the end. Only a meagre amount of points so I decided to go again.

Race2 10am
Had a much better qualy this time and managed P5. The points on offer were more than previously so I needed a good result.
Lap 1 went pretty much the same. P3 and P4 battled into T1 and I had the run on both. However with nowhere to go I could only bump the Ferrari past the Sylvia allowing me my overtake into T3.
1686392248618.png

No mistakes this time and I kept the Ferrari honest with a gap of 1.5 to 3.5 seconds all race. The cars behind began to fall away. Eventually we caught the 650S in P2. The Ferrari got past and I was able to get alongside in the run down the back straight. With 78 horses removed from the Vette she was sluggish down there but I was able to keep pace with the McLaren and a new overtake of the chicane awaited. I made it work but ultimately they played it fair and gave me the spot obviously hoping to return the favour somewhere. However I pulled away especially when they binned it somewhere giving me 5 laps at the end to myself. And a P3 and a podium awaited. Very happy with the result and points. With that my neck started to hurt so no more for me today. Glad to be able to get back to the track after my illness.
Oh and @Mercia Yes a perfect time of day for pictures but I have only got 3 of the same corner. Apologies.

Oh what a great race at Road Atlanta!

GT2 - 10am (uk) EMEA. Car number today was #8
Car - Genesis G70 Gr.4

Quali - Could only manage a 1.26.475 in the session. They was still plenty of time left in my lap but the wind wasn’t favourable plus I felt like I had no grip at all too in the quali.

Race - Good start. Getting through S1 with no issues is the main objective on that first lap, then I can concentrate on racing lines and the cars around me. L2 I moved up to P3 and then back to P4. P2 & P3 were battling and the Supra ran too deep into the braking zone and ran wide, but I was also overtaken by the McLaren behind me on the back straight. L3 I was back upto P2, as the Ferrari ahead spun off and then McLaren picked a penalty. Managed to catch to P1 and I was on the rear of the McLaren in P1 for the full race. The P3 McLaren was kind enough to help me on the straights and bump draft me, but L9 they ended up going off and self pitting themselves. Last lap I had a chance to take P1. P1 was struggling for grip by the looks of it, but the straight line speed of the McLaren on the back straight was just enough for them to hold on to P1 and for me to take P2 less then 1 second behind. Fantastic race that. All 3 of us in the 3 way battle was clean, fair but hard racing, just how I like it!
P2 and I think a PB on points. 124 points today.

Retirements - just the one today, and they quit on lap 1.

I was very happy with my race pace today especially whilst been in a battle for the lead. Hit my average race pace and would have taken a fastest lap with a 1.26.0, but the car who self pitted took that. Tyre wear was maybe slightly better than my practice runs. 35-40% on the front left, rear left was better, but also had slight wear on the right rear.

IMG_3335.jpeg

Last edited:
GT2 B , did it only once

Qualification went horribly for me as i gotten penalties during it thus i ended up P13
Race went pretty good , i managed to get from P13 to P5 but those pesky track limit penalties i dropped to P8 and then to final P7

Kinda boring race , i wish it had some strategy so have fun out there :)

Prior race I really fancied my chances based on my practice runs and my fastest laps.

B/S lobby and my qualifying was really subpar, could not get a good lap and was just not good enough, mistakes every lap.
Still got second place behind and Italian in a Lambo, just before an Irishman in a Ferrari.

Start went okay, could follow the Lambo but was pressured by the Irishman and a fellow from Dubai in a Porsche so had to defend for several laps while the Lambo slowly got away. After about 4 laps I managed a small gap from the cars behind and could focus on trying to get to the Lambo who was just over 2 seconds away.

But still my laps were not good enough compared to practice. Maybe focussing to much on avoiding penalties, but could only gain a few tenths on the Lambo.

Then end lap 10 the Lambo crashed in the last corner and suddenly I was in the lead and more then 2 seconds clear of the car in second. Was I going to get another lucky win?

The Irishman in the Ferrari really found some speed and in the next few laps he fully closed the gap . Starting the last lap he was right on my tail. I defended the whole lap but going to the final chicane he got next to me and overtook me, bit of contact, but nothing to bad (see below image).

So lost the race in the last few corners and got 2nd place.

road atlanta.jpg

I am i bit miffed with myself that I was not driving as well as I should have been able to, and also think I was in a strong lobby judging the laptimes in some higher lobbies. But full congrats to the winner, he was so much faster in those last laps, he fully deserved the win! And both he and the Porsche driver were good sports, plenty of oppertunity to take me out if they wanted but do feel they did all possible to race clean.

Well, at least i got the CRB, that's 14 out of 31 races, not bad. :cheers:

Coming race I will likely not be able to to join due to work but that means I can start practicing for Sardegna already, let's see how the Ferrari Gr. 3 is doing there...

Good luck to y'all yet to race. For those still in doubt, try it, it really is an awesome track to race!!

I am going to watch MotoGP and Le Mans now!!!

Last edited:
Asia GT1 Slot 2, door 5. As expected, the Cayman is completely outgunned.

Qualified last after a terrible first lap and then a spin on a kerb on the second lap.

Then drove a really good race. One small mistake through the final chicane on lap 18, but otherwise really consistent laps pretty close to the limit.

Got 5 places from other cars going off during the race, but gave 2 back because everything was so much faster. Finished p13 for 133 points.

The Cayman is so slow it loses around 0.2 of a second to the Supra on the long straight in the slipstream.

Not going again, just too deflating to drive so well and see everyone else drive off into the distance.

Needed a break from the outside heat so jumped into a session with only a couple of practice laps. Euro GT2, on the low B/S backup account with Chevrolet.

#9 board for the Corvette. Usually I wait until almost everyone has gone out in qualification but thought I'd need the extra time today, so got out 3rd. A good choice as I absolutely screwed up the first lap. Had to drive safe lap 2 and only did a 29 but had just enough time for a 3rd attempt - managed a 27.1, slower than testing all week, only enough for P8.

A decent start. One Cayman didn't react off the line, another went wide through the esses so up to P6. Immediately obvious the front few cars were too quick for me so a podium wasn't on the cards. Ended up in free air, a few seconds gap ahead and behind. Solid laps in the 28s, made up a couple of places after errors from the leaders. One of them in a Supra came back up to me, I didn't fight and they zoomed off again.

Kept it clean to the end. A Cayman was catching me by about 0.5s a lap. On my bumper laps 14 and 15 - they rear-ended me at turn 6 on the last lap. An accident as they apologised after the race and I was pretty early on the brakes anyway. Managed to keep it on the tarmac and held them off into the chicane to secure P5 and my target 50 points (plus another rare clean race).

Image (11).jpeg

I'm really liking the Gr4 Corvette. It's down on power but very balanced and easy to drive. Still dreaming though of a GT4.R Camaro - and a C8R or Z06 GT3.R for Gr3!

Last edited:
Asia GT1 Slot 2, door 5. As expected, the Cayman is completely outgunned.

Qualified last after a terrible first lap and then a spin on a kerb on the second lap.

Then drove a really good race. One small mistake through the final chicane on lap 18, but otherwise really consistent laps pretty close to the limit.

Got 5 places from other cars going off during the race, but gave 2 back because everything was so much faster. Finished p13 for 133 points.

The Cayman is so slow it loses around 0.2 of a second to the Supra on the long straight in the slipstream.

Not going again, just too deflating to drive so well and see everyone else drive off into the distance.
Here's hoping the RSR performs better. It was the main factor in my decision to go with Porsche. I'm probably fortunate being in the lower class where the car's limit is less of a variable in how good of a result you'll get with the Cayman.

How good do you think Verstappen could do in a Williams?

Here's hoping the RSR performs better. It was the main factor in my decision to go with Porsche. I'm probably fortunate being in the lower class where the car's limit is less of a variable in how good of a result you'll get with the Cayman.

How good do you think Verstappen could do in a Williams?
The RSR will be strong. It’s been a bit hampered by recent BoP changes, but it’s always competitive. I’ve been driving Porsche in almost every season. The Cayman has always been an underperformer but this version of BoP has made it completely useless.

To answer your last question, ask yourself if you think Fernando Alonso, at the age 64, suddenly became a better driver in the off season.

Back