Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,172 comments
Maybe that's actually only the list for cars you can get for free? Were you forced to use the car given to you from the contract in GTS or could you also use any other car as long as it was from the same manufacturer?
Only the ones I selected from the choices available under the contract. For example, I could only have either the Mustang or GT LM Test Car in Gr.3 if I signed up for Ford. If I remember correctly, they were identified by a yellow dot which indicated these were the only ones I could use for Manufacturer races. Still have my Subarus from my last main GT Sport campaign! :lol:

Last edited:
Still have my Subarus from my last main GT Sport campaign!
I still have my Hondas from the last campaign I did in like 2018 :lol:
That's also why I don't exactly remember how it worked, I assumed you signed with a manu and the could just use any car of that manu for the races.

Interesting to see the Supra GT500 appear on the timesheets when it doesn't appear on the list of eligible Gr.3/Gr.4 Manufacturer models @tankuroded mentioned in another thread. Will have to check later if that rule concerning these has changed.
I checked through Toyota's listing on the Manufacturers selection screen a few moments, and at least from my end, it would only let me select both of the newer Supras (along with either old or new livery variations in the case of the Gr.3 version). Doesn't affect me anyway, though... because I've signed for Genesis.

Last edited:
Maybe that's actually only the list for cars you can get for free? Were you forced to use the car given to you from the contract in GTS or could you also use any other car as long as it was from the same manufacturer?
I went with Viper so there was only the one car to choose from for me, but when doing free practice I was able to use my garage car Viper and not the sponsored car.

So potentially you can use things like the Castrol Supra or the Toyota 86 in Gr4 if you own them, but they only sponsor you with a particular car.

I think the date for RD.1 Nation should be the 21st. Each date looks to be a day before the Manu races. It's also listed wrong on the official page as the 12th.

Last edited:
I edited the original post and matched the dates with what is showing in the in-game schedule.

Last edited:
Only the ones I selected from the choices available under the contract. For example, I could only have either the Mustang or GT LM Test Car in Gr.3 if I signed up for Ford. If I remember correctly, they were identified by a yellow dot which indicated these were the only ones I could use for Manufacturer races. Still have my Subarus from my last main GT Sport campaign! :lol:
I checked through Toyota's listing on the Manufacturers selection screen a few moments, and at least from my end, it would only let me select both of the newer Supras (along with either old or new livery variations in the case of the Gr.3 version). Doesn't affect me anyway, though... because I've signed for Genesis.
I went with Viper so there was only the one car to choose from for me, but when doing free practice I was able to use my garage car Viper and not the sponsored car.

So potentially you can use things like the Castrol Supra or the Toyota 86 in Gr4 if you own them, but they only sponsor you with a particular car.
I went through all of the manufacturers and there are some changes. For Ford, it’s the Mustang Gr4 and the new Ford GT for Gr3. You cannot choose the Mustang Gr3 or the test car. For AMG, there is the SLS Gr4 and AMG GT Gr3 but not the SLS Gr3. No 86 Gr4 or Castrol Supra Gr3.
It does seem that you can use any eligible car of your manufacture that is in your garage for practice. I signed with Toyota and can practice with the sponsor car (Supra Gr3) or the Castrol Supra but I’m sure I can only race with the sponsor car.

It would be my first championship 😁
Could someone please post the leaderboard pour Gr3
It's in the game, after choosing the event. You can see your friends as well as the top ten in the world.
Says "No relevant record data" for me. Could someone please share ? Thanks.

Probably because every race is with the Miata. And given that message I bet they give you the car. This must be to calm the rage over the stingy credits and having to buy everything for Sport Mode.
I believe they were talking about the category that you will be in according to your DR

For the Nations Cup, if a player was to enter with a MX5 with the LT1 Corvette engine, does the game swap it out for the standard engine?

Hopefully they bring back the regional top 10 leaderboard so we can get a better idea of how our practice times stack up against the people we'll actually be racing.

Last edited:
This new schedule is absolutely terrible and I hope they go back to the Wednesday/Saturday format (or at least two days rather than six).

The whole things seems extremely short and compressed. I doubt the real championship will be like this. I mean, qualy sessions are just as long as the races for goodness sakes.

This was the short of schedule we had for Test Seasons when GT Sport was first released as well, so I'd assume they'd switch to a more 'normal' format for the proper seasons (hopefully with longer races as well).

Do you Guys know if driving assist are allowed?! I‘m particularly talking about Counter Steer Assist. It’s quite obvious to me that some of the Top times must have been driven by using it.
I mean no way I’m that far off the top times.
I just tried it with Counter Steer Assist turned on and instantly went a whole Second faster. That’s not cool.
I seriously hope it‘ll be prohibited 😕

Ok I just checked the replay with telemetry hud. They are not using it. Good to know.
So it’s just sit down and git gud 😅

Just as in GTS, all assists off except ABS default is the fastest way around the track.
Ok, I’ll try ABS Default then. I haven’t tried it yet. I use ABS Weak all the time. Maybe Default is faster, I don’t know, I’ll find out soon 😅
With ABS on Weak I’m 2seconds slower than Nr.1 on the Leaderboard, with a bit time to improve maybe.
Edit it’s 2.5 seconds slower actually 😶

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be any weather conditions at some of the tracks. I'm not too excited about blowing credits on two loaner cars.

Ok, I tried using default ABS and indeed I was faster. Not by much but faster anyway.
Although, it somehow doesn’t feel as good as using Weak. Oh well, I think I’m not going to bother using Default ABS, maybe just if I should participate in some Manfacturer Championships to try and stay somewhat competitive but still the difference is so small…🤔🙂

Both Genesis Manufacturers liveries finalised and a suit made to match. Early signs suggest that the X feels like a lighter and more useable GT-R, leaning towards being a good all-rounder with a snappy torque curve in low gears. Really impressed with the G70 in tuning and offline races, though its true performance in BoP environments remains an unknown quantity.

Back