Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,561 comments
Some properly dismal racing out there today. Just got turned round in the first tunnel on lap two by some absolute no-mark, leaving me 16s off the back and with front-end damage.

What's wrong with these people?

Some properly dismal racing out there today. Just got turned round in the first tunnel on lap two by some absolute no-mark, leaving me 16s off the back and with front-end damage.

What's wrong with these people?
Forreal, looks like we are all experiencing the same thing.

Who says it's a one make race. Mercedes-AMGs 1st and 3rd in my race.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230923173339.jpg

I ran the first Oceania slot. Second split I think.

Q11 after misjudging the gap to the car in front and getting held up on both flying laps.

The race itself is an utter debacle. Slipstream seems OP and by lap 6 every single car was carrying damage. I worked my way to p3 before a YouTuber who seemingly has some significant anger issues punted me off at T1. I am tempted to link to his stream as his temper has to be heard to be believed and it shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness in his attitude and behaviour.

Ultimately I finished 2nd last with the YT’er last. Such a needless and wanton sabotage of a race. I am still filthy about the way this panned out and it’s been 5 hours now…
Name me the youtuber lol. How about a raid with fake accounts 😈🙃. Yeah this race was total carnage... Felt more like wreckfest than racing at times.

I had a bad first attempt, the pace was there. Qualified P15 with a 1.36.9, a whopping 1-1,2 sec slower than I should, with the Ford GT. The race started well, until I I started to brake too late into T1 and hairpin a few times.. Lost places, ended up in carnage due to my own fault, yeah wasn't pretty. P10 but if I somehow raced sensibly, even a P5 was doable..

Second attempt, silly track limit penalty on the out lap just before the back straight tunnel, and since I went to the track late, I had a one shot quali. But managed to perform under pressure, 1.35.9 and P6 on the grid, P4-5 would habe required a perfect lap, so this was fine.

The race then, it started calm, and then drivers in P3-P5 ahead of me started fighting a lot. How people never seem to think of the big picture in these types of races, or in any gtws or manu race is beyond me. We had a 4 sec gap behind us like 4-5 laps into the race, but no, they all started fighting, and as a result we all lost time, I had nowhere to go, no space to do anything.

At one point I passed 3 drivers in quick succesion on first half of the lap, up to P3. But then a dirty driver decides to to do a bump to pass me two corners before the back straight. 🤬 Down to P5 and it was going to get chaotic on the back straight. A Ukrainian driver went sideswipe action with the dirty driver (who initiated most of the chaos), then not sure what happened, they crash,, I try to weave to the left, but then suddenly the Ukrainian weaves to the left with low speed right in front of me, and I could do nothing but panic brake and still hit him. Luckily just front damage, but still annoying, car became more lose due to this. Laughed a lot when the dirty driver spun at the start of next lap and ragequit, as Alonso would say "karma" 😏😈🔥.

From there it was sensible but aggressive & fair fighting between places 3-7, 2 drivers from behind had caught the pack. I ran in 6th mostly last 5-6 laps of the race. Then up to P5 like 3 laps before the end of the race. Looked to be a P5 start of final lap hairpin. But no, two drivers get bunched up on the inside, and I end up losing a bunch of time due to being slowed down. I drop to P6 and the Austrian driver yet to serve a 0,5 sec penalty in P3-P4 finishes 0,06 secs ahead of me, I finish P6.

Wheew... That was not a fun race, I feel like I deserved at least a 3-5th place finish, but luck was not on my side. I did all I could to be sensible and not go rage mode like in first race. Still I get involved in chaos despite making 0 driving errors. It is what it is, I take 159 pts. I ask again, why don't people understand that fighting in every corner is only going to slow you and others down damn it??? 🤦 P3 finishes like 1-1,5 sec ahead of me, a whopping 14 secs from P2. Thanks a lot dirty driver, hopefully you never play this game ever again! I take the score, could have been worse, but I had the pace for P3-P5.. Not worth the risk to go again, and tbf my quali (one could say it is some kind of measure of pace) warranted a P6 so can't complain too much tbf. 🤷 Gonna do some YT clips later. Maybe I am more calm then and I can laugh at the chaos. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_193242680_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230923_193242680_HDR.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230923_193311051.jpg
    IMG_20230923_193311051.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Anyone else think the 5.4L V8 in the Ford sounds like a 1.6L four out of a Honda? The game sound couldn't be more off, IMO. It sounds nothing like it does in real life:

Americas slots 1 and 3, B/S lobbies were pretty much the filthiest races I've been in online. What is sportsmanship.?

Both runs should have been top 5 but finished outside the top 10 and will retire for the day with 78 points.

So much punting and pushing around out there. It's not really racing.

Reading all these updates I'm surprised and definitely more appreciative of my lobby today. GT is dirty generally of course we all expect that to some extent but it was almost pack racing in my slot this morning and while I did see the odd shenanigan ahead of me it was close but fair racing all around.

I guess I got very lucky!

Reading all these updates I'm surprised and definitely more appreciative of my lobby today. GT is dirty generally of course we all expect that to some extent but it was almost pack racing in my slot this morning and while I did see the odd shenanigan ahead of me it was close but fair racing all around.

I guess I got very lucky!
Yeah, usually GTWS is somewhat clean but tonight was total carnage. Since PD wanted to go technical track with supercars, they should have chosen Trial Mountain instead. 🤔 Two big braking zones with these cars - lots of power, but also some weight and bad brakes. This is a recipe for disaster, when you add the powerful slipstream into the mix.

Yeah, usually GTWS is somewhat clean but tonight was total carnage. Since PD wanted to go technical track with supercars, they should have chosen Trial Mountain instead. 🤔 Two big braking zones with these cars - lots of power, but also some weight and bad brakes. This is a recipe for disaster, when you add the powerful slipstream into the mix.
Add in the walls and guardrails at the edge of the track in key places, and both of my attempts (13th to 10th and 15th to 8th, which could easily have been 5th had I not gone wide and spun myself out in the left-hander before T1, in D/S rooms) were essentially disasters.

I decided to be different and use the Corvette. It can't get away from the Ford GT, but it handles a lot sweeter (at least when I didn't overcook it).

Last edited:
Anyone else think the 5.4L V8 in the Ford sounds like a 1.6L four out of a Honda? The game sound couldn't be more off, IMO. It sounds nothing like it does in real life:

I had to check to make sure it didn't have some kind of weird engine swap.

Well that went about as well as could possibly be expected. Qualified 2nd, pole guy fell victim to the worst off-track zone in the game at the exit of the 2nd tunnel on lap 1, passed him and pulled out an easy 5 second lead as everyone behind me squabbled with each other. Managed it down to about 3s at the end for an easy win, lots of points and DR too as I had number 14!

EDIT: Checked the replay, by lap 4 or 5 12/16 cars had damage, it was 14 by the end. Fun times!

Last edited:
Hmmph....first slot didn't quite go to plan. All A/S lobby, Q'd in 3rd. On the first lap the leader caught a 1/2 second penalty and slipped up into 2nd by the end of the first lap. On 3rd lap I get rammed off the track in that first series of esses damaging front and rear bumpers and right front tire. Fell back to 7th. Fought as high as 5th at one point but I couldn't gain any advantage with the damage on to my car and kept getting passed back. Finished in 6th, should have finished 2nd in this one if not for the ram-happy folks out there. Good to know the guy who rammed be off track got no penalty and finished up in 4th.

Debating whether to bother running the second slot with the possibility of potentially more carnage.

Well that went about as well as could possibly be expected. Qualified 2nd, pole guy fell victim to the worst penalty zone in the game at the exit of the 2nd tunnel, passed him and pulled out an easy 5 second lead as everyone behind me squabbled with each other. Managed it down to about 3s at the end for an easy win, lots of points and DR too as I had number 14!
Good job....I would have tucked in and followed you away if I didn't get ass-packed into a wall on the 3rd lap.

GT2 B/S with the Mazda RX Vision

On my first attempt today, all B/S, someone was trying to squeeze me in the pit at some point. Come on!

Later in the same race, the RX Vision just spun out of control for no reason going down the hill next to pit lane. No one to blame but me... or a bug one the game. Finished 13/14.

Second attempt, qualified 4th with 1.37.134 finished 3rd for 52 pts.

Can't trust that S DR much...

Glad I raced this one as it was fun and I had respectful driving experiences all race long. Got a boot at the hairpin on one lap and it made me go deep but the guy waited for me to get on with rather than taking the place.

I qualified within .6 of practice so okay with that but was lined up at p15 on the grid.
Moved as high as p10 and on lap 11 I muffed the curves before the first tunnel and got a 1 second penalty which allowed two by me before going into the final lap.

Finished p12 and enjoyed the short race this week. It seemed really short.

Watching the replay afterwards I realized that it wasn’t a clean event for all, so I realized I was lucky.

GL to all those still racing 👍
IMG_5972.jpeg
IMG_5973.jpeg

Hmmph....first slot didn't quite go to plan. All A/S lobby, Q'd in 3rd. On the first lap the leader caught a 1/2 second penalty and slipped up into 2nd by the end of the first lap. On 3rd lap I get rammed off the track in that first series of esses damaging front and rear bumpers and right front tire. Fell back to 7th. Fought as high as 5th at one point but I couldn't gain any advantage with the damage on to my car and kept getting passed back. Finished in 6th, should have finished 2nd in this one if not for the ram-happy folks out there. Good to know the guy who rammed be off track got no penalty and finished up in 4th.

Debating whether to bother running the second slot with the possibility of potentially more carnage.

Good job....I would have tucked in and followed you away if I didn't get ass-packed into a wall on the 3rd lap.

Well, slot 2 was shaping up to be a good one. Q'd in 3rd again and in practice before the race I had already dropped a good 1/4-sec from my previous best laptime.

BUT....

Once again "he who shall not be named" (you US drivers know who that is) winds up in my lobby. On the first lap he rear ends me going into the braking zone after the esses before the first bridge but I jam on the brakes in time to keep from colliding w/ the wall (so only rear bumper damage) and fall back to 8th or 9th. He procedes to go forward and continue the carnage. A couple laps later I see he's at the top of the board and 2nd and 3rd have slowed noticeably (I'm assuming due to damage he caused to them ramming his way through). I start working my way back up until I make it up to 5th. I see up ahead he's serving a penalty and shuffles back to 4th, and I just squeak past him knowing he'll try something dirty going into the hairpin at the end of the back straight, so I drift out and let him take it. He then procedes to go back to his usual antics with the guys in the top 3 who I'm assuming all have damaged cars. A lap or 2 later he's ramming his way down the back straight past them and I manage to cruise around the outside into the hairpin and take the lead for the split second.....stupidly, because he veers wide t-bones my car and sends me spinning into the outside wall damaging everything else but the engine and 1 tire. At that point my car is useless again and I'm back in like 10th and get passed by 2 or 3 people because my car just can't keep pace....so there's really only one thing left to do.

I waited it out until he eventually started falling down the order because his car was also damaged now. Caught up to him in 12th....glued myself to his rear bumper and refused to pass him until coming down the front straight as he tried to brake I pushed him off into the wall in T1. He tried to dive bomb me later in the lap at full speed going into the hairpin at the end of the back straight but missed, so that was kind of fun to watch happen in the rear view. Finished a very disappointing 12th when I very easily should have been in at least 3rd.

One last slot to try and hope his dumb ass is not paired in my lobby again. The fact the PD allows this, along with that guy in EU who uses the first name as an F1 driver who raced for Alfa Romeo team in 2020-21 and doesn't ban these people from online play is beyond me.

Last slot devolved into lots of filth again. Q'd in 2nd this time. Got rammed several times, one damaged my rear bumper. sending me back a few spots. Another guy overcooked it into T1 as I was passing for 2nd again and ran us all off track sending me back to 7th or 8th. Weaved through the filth and got myself back up to 3rd for the finish with 2nd beating me by about 1/2 a car length. Ultimately I got more points than I did in slot 1, so all's well that ends well I goess.

Sounds like I made the right decision by sitting this one out
From a certain point of view, yes. But since you need 3 scores out of 5 for a champ score, personally I found this round important to do, because I am decent with road cars. So I don't regret going through this hell twice, just bad luck in the second race to being slowed down by a dirty driver and last lap hairpin bunch up.

Next 2 rounds look fun, was getting tired with the gr3/gr4 only races in Nations. I hope to score 170+ pts in both and then I don't need to stress with the last 2. I am good with fast cars, but not sure how the X2019 feels at Lago Maggiore..🤔

I ran the first Oceania slot. Second split I think.

Q11 after misjudging the gap to the car in front and getting held up on both flying laps.

The race itself is an utter debacle. Slipstream seems OP and by lap 6 every single car was carrying damage. I worked my way to p3 before a YouTuber who seemingly has some significant anger issues punted me off at T1. I am tempted to link to his stream as his temper has to be heard to be believed and it shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness in his attitude and behaviour.

Ultimately I finished 2nd last with the YT’er last. Such a needless and wanton sabotage of a race. I am still filthy about the way this panned out and it’s been 5 hours now…
Hey mate, I was the guy who won that race, (SmoothOp). That YouTuber happens to be a good mate of mine btw

20230923_210630.jpg

Here are my results after RD.1 of Nations Cup, P1! So stocked

Hey mate, I was the guy who won that race, (SmoothOp). That YouTuber happens to be a good mate of mine btw
Congrats on the win. It was a messy race, you did well to navigate it.

As you’ll see from my later post, I have raced him regularly and rarely had any problems. I wouldn’t necessarily call him a mate, but there’s definitely been no bad blood between us.

I think I’ll just put it down to a bad day for us and leave it at that.

Congrats on the win. It was a messy race, you did well to navigate it.

As you’ll see from my later post, I have raced him regularly and rarely had any problems. I wouldn’t necessarily call him a mate, but there’s definitely been no bad blood between us.

I think I’ll just put it down to a bad day for us and leave it at that.
Fair enough mate

Did a few x2019 laps and that should be a fun race.
I tried to take my 25th anniversary x2019 in to practice and it wasn’t letting me. I bought all of the necessary tires and checked that nitrous wasn’t installed.
The rules state garage car is allowed but 25th anniversary must be different 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone else have an issue getting a garage car to work?

If I go to buy another car it shows like I already have. 🤔

IMG_5975.jpeg

Last edited:
I would share my live commentary Nations Cup race with my teamboss/friend, but too many F bombs 🤣. Imma do a replay later I think.

But honestly, did a compilation of the lap 4-8 shenanigans. Was this racing? No. Was this ping pong? No. Was this hard but fair racing? No. Was this aggressive bump involved racing? No. This. Was. Wreckfest! Happy that I survived with a P6. But imma be honest, I was unlucky during the race and was robbed of a P3-P5, with no big fault of my own, well looks like the one slide on lap 7 probably cost me a bit too, but it is what it is.

Oh well, life is unfair sometimes. Could have been worse too, at least I was not spun around and I did not get engine damage, just front damage. I gotta say I stick by my words, I leave gtws after this season, and races like this make me not regret my decision whatsoever. Still 6-7 races I'll do, I skip Grand Valley manu race. It's been a fun journey, hoping to do well in the next 2 nations races, those should be in my wheelhouse..🤔

Last edited:
Did a few x2019 laps and that should be a fun race.
I tried to take my 25th anniversary x2019 in to practice and it wasn’t letting me. I bought all of the necessary tires and checked that nitrous wasn’t installed.
The rules state garage car is allowed but 25th anniversary must be different 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone else have an issue getting a garage car to work?

If I go to buy another car it shows like I already have. 🤔

View attachment 1289635
No problems using the standard X2019. The 25th Anniversary edition is apparently a fully-different model.

All burning the cash to buy the standard X2019 does is let you use your own livery. The rented mule comes with all the racing tires available.

Last edited:
GTWS World Finals might be still months away, but with GR GT Cup Asia wrapping up with two wheel failures, here's a list of technical issues during GTWS live events and other official, live GT esports events. (This list does not currently cover Japan-only events, Porsche USA Esports Cup, and Toyota MENA Esports Cup.)

1695561461049.png

EDIT: Theo's wheel failure occurred during race 1 and Aiman's during race 3.

Last edited:

It sounds fine stock. It's just the racing exhaust that, for some reason, makes it sound like a flatplane V8.

It sounds fine stock. It's just the racing exhaust that, for some reason, makes it sound like a flatplane V8.
The 05 gen Ford GT does not have a flat-plane engine, so that is a moot point.

This is what the car should sound like with an exhaust. It's absolutely glorious.

C8 has a flat-plan layout, and I know it's a different car, but even with straight pipes it sure still sounds like a throaty V8 to me.

Last edited:
C8 has a flat-plan layout, and I know it's a different car, but even with straight pipes it sure still sounds like a throaty V8 to me.

You're thinking of the C8 Z06. That has a flat-plane crank which is why it sounds more like a Ferrari's V8. The base model C8 you posted up there has typical cross-plane crank which gives it an uneven firing order and the typical rumbling V8 sound.

Back