2024 Ferrari F250 (LaFerrari replacement)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
First images of the next Ferrari hypercar has been spotted around Maranello

LaFerrari-Successor-spy-shots-2.jpg

LaFerrari-Successor-spy-shots-1.jpg

Back in 2022, a leaked document from Ferrari said that the LaFerrari successor will debut in October 2024, a hardcore track variant coming in July 2026, and a spider version coming 2027. In the document, it says 599 models will be made of the original version while only 30 of the track version and 199 of the spider are planned.

The French edition of Motor1.com obtained a copy of a document first published on the Auto Pareri forum, which suggests the LaFerrari successor will debut in 2024. More precisely, in exactly two years from now – in October 2024, with a more hardcore XX version allegedly coming in July 2026. Some three years after its original launch, a convertible variant is also supposed to happen.

According to the available information, Ferrari plans to assemble just 599 copies of the hypercar in standard form, which is known internally as the F250 project. The XX version will be limited to 30 units and the open-top model will add another 199 units for a grand total of only 828 examples of the machine.

The problem with using superlatives as your naming convention is that you have to try to keep coming up with even more superlative names to succeed them.
That F5280 is going to be wild.

Edit: This is not intended as a comparison and the schemes aren't used in a remotely similar manner, but I do wonder what Porsche is going to do for the 911 chassis codes come time to replace the 992.

Last edited:
Based on those spy shots and the camouflage, this car's body style almost seems like a street-legal LMDh/LMH car. If LaFerrari didn't look so bad to me, I'd like it more. This car seems to be pretty cool. We'll see what the final build ends up looking like.

Ford is going to sue them and win. The court case will be filed as Ford v Ferrari.
This has already happened.

"Ferrari has misappropriated the F-150 trademark in naming its new racing vehicle the F150 in order to capitalize on and profit from the substantial goodwill that Ford has developed in the F-150 trademark," said Ford in its complaint to the US District Court in Detroit.

I don't know how anybody managed to write that without a mid-sentence burst of laughter.

Last edited:
This has already happened.

I don't know how anybody managed to write that without a mid-sentence burst of laughter.
But that's the whole point. Ford will take any opportunity they can to dick over Ferrari, especially because as that company grows it seems to get ever more full of itself. And fortunately for Ford, this time the "F250" will be a commercially available street legal vehicle with plenty of press coverage. I hope Ford goes in on it.

Again, the F250 is just the internal name for the project. Similarly to the LaFerrari, it will also get a normal name once the car is closer to production

Last edited:
I haven't been following Ferrari too closely, but the line up on their site is confusing.
They don't really have a "lineup" as far as I can tell. There are no segments for them. They just sell cars and make money. I have no clue what cars Ferrari offers these days but I'm pretty sure there's like ten of them.

I’m not sure how the Ferrari customer program works, but might be a way to get a new Ferrari with the GT3 program and One Make series, than Waiting to buy a new road car.

In a nutshell, this is how I interpret the Ferrari lineup:

The Portofino and Roma are their entry level sports cars, The future Roma Spider will replace the aging Portofino.

The F8 Tributo and Spider is the mid-engine sports car. The 296 GTS and GTB is the new modern hybrid sports car. Although they are selling both for now, I suspect the 296 is supposed to replace the F8 once ICE bans begin.

There is some debate as to whether the 296 GTB is on deck to outright replace the F8 Tributo—Autocar and Evo report no, whereas MotorTrend's Jonny Lieberman agrees with rumors circulating the internet and insists that's a yes. Ferrari's own executive, however, goes on to say that each model in its lineup has its own positioning (target demographic) and that the 296 GTB "is not replacing any other model."

The 812 GTS is the well known V12 GT car.

The SF90 Stradale and Spider is the modern hybrid supercar.

Yeah they're basically all the same thing to me. And they make like dozens of other cars as well, all the special editions, the roadsters, the newfangled thing with the Testarossa strakes on the back, nobody knows where that thing fits in the lineup or what its purpose is.

You could easily mistake an F8, a 296 GTB and a SF90 for one other on first glance.
They are very similar looking, and the fact Ferrari doesn't seem to put model badges on their cars anymore does not help at all.

I was going to say I think they look significantly different from each other, but seeing these side by side, I can understand the confusion

ferrari-296-gtpolonia-44-5006f02.jpg

ferrari-296-gtpolonia-55-81e8883.jpg

ferrari-296-gtpolonia-50-b91c324.jpg

(Red is the SF90 and the yellow is the 296 GTB)

I think they're trying a bit too hard to have the matching branding like a lot of manufacturers are doing, but I still think if you look like a tiny bit closer at the details, you can definitely tell them apart pretty easily. And in person, the size difference should make it more obvious too.

And they make like dozens of other cars as well, all the special editions, the roadsters, the newfangled thing with the Testarossa strakes on the back, nobody knows where that thing fits in the lineup or what its purpose is.

The special edition cars are just one offs or limited production cars for collectors called the Icona. They're not part of the core lineup of the cars I had listed earlier

My initial confusion came a year ago when I saw a new Ferrari in the Road America parking area. I thought cool, but realized I didn't know whether I was looking at something more limited or more common. They just fell off my radar.

They really couldn't name it something besides the Ford super duty pickup that's been around for decades?

Lol, I don't know if you're trolling for fun or you're asking seriously!???

F250 is a code name for the project in the development. The actual name of the car is unknown ( until the very reveal of the car).

As for the name "that's been around for decades" as you proudly said, Ferrari 250 GTO is 60 years old car and it's MOST EXPENSIVE CAR in history so they should sue Ford for using number 250?

Or suing Pontiac for taking GTO badge for their entire muscle car lineage!???

It isn't Ferrari's fault that Americans steal both names and designs from Europe as older continent.

And it isn't just for the cars, it's language (english), architecture ( very own "white house" is made with "inspiration" of Rome and Greeks) etc.

Read a little, don't worry, your brain will be fine and you can learn something about cars( maybe)...

Last edited:
They don't really have a "lineup" as far as I can tell. There are no segments for them. They just sell cars and make money. I have no clue what cars Ferrari offers these days but I'm pretty sure there's like ten of them.
Let me correct you.
Ferrari from the very beginning have exact line up and they are using it for decades.

Example:
Big two seat GT cars like:
Daytona, after that Testarossa/550Maranelo/599GTB Fiorano/F12 Berlinetta/ 812 Superfast

Smaller V8 mid engine supercars
Like: F355/ F360 modena/ F430/ 458 Italia/ 488 GTB/ F8 Tributo
( now V6 hybrid like 296 GTB)

Big V12 4+4 GT seaters like:

456GT/ 612 Scaglietti/ FF etc.

In few decades they make limited edition Hypercars like:

Ferrari 250 GTO that was developed before sixties ( for which Ferrari should sue Ford for using 250 number, judging by the logic of sertain "car experts" in these comments)
That car is sold on auction and cost about 50milions which makes it most expensive car in history.

After that there was 288 GTO/ then F40/ then F50/ Enzo/ Laferrari

And now there is this unknown successor Hypercar which still doesn't have name( but the name of the project is F250)

Mentioned hypercars have specified customers not because Ferrari hate you, but because they want to sell those unique vehicles to people of trust ( experienced enthusiasts that had similar Ferraris before), while other supercar makers don't give s*** if some newborn young YouTuber crash their rare car at first stop because they have money and not skills...

Recently Ferrari made new line up like V12 SUV and Ferrari Roma as the new entry model.

SF90 is made as an answer to the Porsche's AWD drag car and it's fastest quarter mile supercar in class currently.

Portofino is imagined as luxury convertible that was also made earlier but as Ferrari California
( there is also oldtimer with same name and cost over 10 milions)

From time to time Ferrari makes SP models ( ultra rare one-off models for collectors like SP1, SP2 and SP3 Icona/Daytona).

There is all you people need to know.

Last edited:
And in person, the size difference should make it more obvious too.
It's a terrible picture I took during the F1 weekend last summer, but the SF90 was barely any bigger than the 458 next to it.
20220716_105349.jpg

Also, I don't know how rare they're supposed to be, but I saw 3 at the same event.

Attachments

• 20220619_124502.jpg
    20220619_124502.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220716_105404.jpg
    20220716_105404.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 13
I think they're trying a bit too hard to have the matching branding like a lot of manufacturers are doing, but I still think if you look like a tiny bit closer at the details, you can definitely tell them apart pretty easily. And in person, the size difference should make it more obvious too.
There's actually very little difference in size between the three, as i imagine they're all built off the same basic architecture. The SF90 is 4 inches longer than the F8 which in turn is a couple of inches longer than the 296. Most of that is probably the SF90's pointier nose. There's not even an inch difference in width.

I am pretty sure that is a retractable wing, notice how it matches the rear body work, and the cutouts for its deployment.
Well spotted. I was going to suggest there is no actual evidence this is the LaFa replacement as it has a big wing and FFerrari dont put fixed wings on their road cars, so this is an interesting aaspect.

It's a terrible picture I took during the F1 weekend last summer, but the SF90 was barely any bigger than the 458 next to it.
View attachment 1233055

Also, I don't know how rare they're supposed to be, but I saw 3 at the same event.
There is no limit run on the numbers for the SF90, only a production time limit.

Back