2024 Ferrari F250 (LaFerrari replacement)

As for the name "that's been around for decades" as you proudly said, Ferrari 250 GTO is 60 years old car and it's MOST EXPENSIVE CAR in history so they should sue Ford for using number 250?
Notably there's no "F" in the 250 GTO's name just like there's no Gran Turismo Omologato F-250 trim level.

Not that the latter matters.

Or suing Pontiac for taking GTO badge for their entire muscle car lineage!???
Notably there's no "250" in the Pontiac GTO's name; just like there wasn't a "599" in the Pontiac GTO's name. Pontiac was also pretty explicitly cheekily referencing the former to begin with and American car magazines were all in on the joke; but it's still not the same thing as being legally actionable as it would be if Ferrari straight up released a car badged F250. Assuming, of course, that the 250 GTO was sold "officially" in America in the first place or indeed that there was even anybody who would have had standing to sue Pontiac to begin with, since Ferrari's entire US presence at the time was basically just one guy importing cars for his personal car dealership and the 250 GTO was explicitly a race car that found life as a road car after it was no longer competitive.

And as for...

AH2I0346-Edit-970x647.jpg

Ferrari took pains to make it so that was not available in the US.

And, in fact, we helpfully already have an example of a car with the exact same name being changed for international markets to avoid the ire of attempting to use a registered trademark closely aligned to a major domestic car company:

SH_3000GTO-rear-1-1200x800.jpg

Or even two cars that came out at the same time that were renamed as a compromise between two manufacturers:

maxresdefault.jpg

2000-lincoln-ls-base-4dr-v8-sedan.jpg

It's almost as if major manufacturers consider trademarks to be important or something.

It isn't Ferrari's fault that Americans steal both names and designs from Europe as older continent.

And it isn't just for the cars, it's language (english), architecture ( very own "white house" is made with "inspiration" of Rome and Greeks) etc.

Read a little, don't worry, your brain will be fine and you can learn something about cars( maybe)...
1964_Porsche_901_rear.jpg

Don't worry. When you figure out what this is it will only make you look as foolish as we all already think you are., Mr. 2004-era Tifosi.

Last edited:
Lol, I don't know if you're trolling for fun or you're asking seriously!???

F250 is a code name for the project in the development. The actual name of the car is unknown ( until the very reveal of the car).

As for the name "that's been around for decades" as you proudly said, Ferrari 250 GTO is 60 years old car and it's MOST EXPENSIVE CAR in history so they should sue Ford for using number 250?

Or suing Pontiac for taking GTO badge for their entire muscle car lineage!???

It isn't Ferrari's fault that Americans steal both names and designs from Europe as older continent.

And it isn't just for the cars, it's language (english), architecture ( very own "white house" is made with "inspiration" of Rome and Greeks) etc.

Read a little, don't worry, your brain will be fine and you can learn something about cars( maybe)...
Hang on...did you just claim that America stole English from Europe? That's a breathtaking understanding of history if I ever saw one.

Hang on...did you just claim that America stole English from Europe? That's a breathtaking understanding of history if I ever saw one.
To be fair, America is pretty breathtaking in general.

Anyone else have the impression that the rear wing isn't fixed but will usually sit flat against the bodywork. Like on a Veyron?

Anyone else have the impression that the rear wing isn't fixed but will usually sit flat against the bodywork. Like on a Veyron?
I don't think it will be. It might have DRS or move under braking but stowable systems just add complexity and are only necessary for super high speed. They're about to debut a fixed-wing 296, and all the competitors have had great success selling fixed-wing cars, especially Porsche. You can bet the upcoming Corvette ZR1 is going to be otherwordly with a massive GT wing as well.

But then again this is a hypercar so competition isn't really a factor. The AMG has it but the Aston doesn't, and frankly the Aston is clearly the better performer.

I don't think it will be. It might have DRS or move under braking but stowable systems just add complexity and are only necessary for super high speed. They're about to debut a fixed-wing 296, and all the competitors have had great success selling fixed-wing cars, especially Porsche. You can bet the upcoming Corvette ZR1 is going to be otherwordly with a massive GT wing as well.

But then again this is a hypercar so competition isn't really a factor. The AMG has it but the Aston doesn't, and frankly the Aston is clearly the better performer.
The reason i say it is because the wing supports appear to come out of gaps in the bodywork rather than just sitting on it. This may well be just the camo bodywork fitting around the supports, but the wing shape and angle of the endplates appear to mimic almost the exact shape of the bodywork directly below it. There's also a fatty lump section in the middle of the wing that appears to serve no purpose other than potentially housing a brake light, which wouldn't be needed unless the raised wing obscures the usual above-the-rear-window one.

Kind of glad to see the return of the big fixed wing to a Ferrari halo car. It's sadly not a wrap-around, but this will do.

Last edited:
Kind of glad to see the return of the big fixed wing to a Ferrari halo car. It's sadly not a wrap-around, but this will do.
Based on the strut shrouds under the wing I think it's retractable. Looks like it lowers down and leaves a small gap in the middle, and the endplates slot down next to the body.

Latest Posts

Back