2024 Gr.1/Gr.3 Sat Night Endurance League, Next Race 5/4, High-Speed Ring 410 km, Open 7pm Qualifying 8pm Race 8:30pm All US Eastern TimeOpen 

End of Daytona was great, best race I've had in a long, long time, nice driving. I was wondering what you were going to do when we entered a braking zone side by side. The couple of times that you got by me I was fortunate enough to carry a little more speed at the apex and go back by. I don't think we even scratched each others cars much less hit each other, well done!!

The UFO is at Mount Panorama I believe, Daytona has a Space X rocket launch. I captured the replay, I will have to see if we can see it somewhere.

End of Daytona was great, best race I've had in a long, long time, nice driving. I was wondering what you were going to do when we entered a braking zone side by side. The couple of times that you got by me I was fortunate enough to carry a little more speed at the apex and go back by. I don't think we even scratched each others cars much less hit each other, well done!!

The UFO is at Mount Panorama I believe, Daytona has a Space X rocket launch. I captured the replay, I will have to see if we can see it somewhere.
I made too many minor and moderate mistakes. I also missed calculated a lot of how many laps I thought we could run.

And technically anything flying you can't fully identify is a UFO. The best place to see the Space X rocket would be Apexing turn 3. May in the oval turn 2.

185d808041959-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 2 Results

Pole Award: TheColdWarriors
Fastest Lap: Fastone371
Winner: Fastone371

Standings

1st. Fastone371, 46 pts
2nd. TheColdWarriors, 32 pts
3rd. Monsta116646788, 24 pts

Last edited:
Next Race

2/4 - R3. 1 Hour of Tsukuba

Tsukuba Circuit - 60 Minutes - Rain Maybe - Late Morning Start - x4 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 99% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty Off - Points Payout x1

Our next round is in 2 weeks. And yes read it right Tsukuba Circuit. The historic little 1.27 miles road course is our third venue. A prototype short track race. This race in particular inspired by a race hosted in 1984 for All Japan Endurance Championship. It's also an effort to show I'm willing host at almost every. Even if it's a bad idea.

Anyway this is the first track on the schedule that rain is possible. So make sure you have wet tires available. Because of risk of wet conditions. There will be no mandatory tire compounds. This race can completed with 1 fuel stop but, the track is a tire eater. Only RHs will get to empty. It should also be noted that mechanical grip is very important at Tsukuba. So a 1 stop RHs may not be the best strategy. And Rain may ruin your strategy any. So good luck.

Yeah, you're correct, I never even noticed, I was way to busy trying to stay out front.
Was I correct about which lap it happened on? Cause that was a guess.

I unfortunately don't see my classic running very well at Tsukuba. Mechanical grip, good brakes, good center rotation, and great drive off. Oh and maybe 4WD if it rains.

I be showing up with a RWD with early 90s suspension, early 90s brakes, outdated aero, turbo lag, and some wheelspin. So I'm trying to guess how many times I get lapped in a hour. I predicting 2 laps down.

Was I correct about which lap it happened on? Cause that was a guess.

I unfortunately don't see my classic running very well at Tsukuba. Mechanical grip, good brakes, good center rotation, and great drive off. Oh and maybe 4WD if it rains.

I be showing up with a RWD with early 90s suspension, early 90s brakes, outdated aero, turbo lag, and some wheelspin. So I'm trying to guess how many times I get lapped in a hour. I predicting 2 laps down.
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything about that but it's going to be a struggle in that Nissan, especially with that turbo that is either on or off, it somehow doesn't spool up, it goes from zero boost to 28 psi instantly. TCS just seems to make the turbo switch on and off multiple times instead of just once without TCS. If it rains I will really be in the cat bird seat, that Mazda was built for Tskuba. I didn't catch the lap that I set fast time on during the replay, I will have to 2atch again. All I know is that I 2as watching close that big gap at an insane rate everytime we crossed the start/finish line and was wondering when you were going to finally go for it. I was paying real close attention to my line and braking point so I could hopefully pull a switcheroo on you if you did pass me going into T1. I didn't want to carry so much speed that I couldn't pick my line thru the corner, I was confident that I could stay ahead in the Infield but that I was going to be in real trouble on the straights. Go job on not picking a corner penalty by the way. Both of my first 2 stints I short pitted, first time I hit that stupid wall on the inside corner of T1 even though it looked I never crossed over the white line, I watched frame by frame in the picture section. Second pit was early because I picked up a 1.5 second penalty exiting onto straight from infield even though all 4 tires never over the line, I guess the white really isn't the track border in some corners, so I came in early second time to. I could 20 laps on fuel with medium tires, I'm guessing you were not prepared for that the last half of the race.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything about that but it's going to be a struggle in that Nissan, especially with that turbo that is either on or off, it somehow doesn't spool up, it goes from zero boost to 28 psi instantly. TCS just seems to make the turbo switch on and off multiple times instead of just once without TCS. If it rains I will really be in the cat bird seat, that Mazda was built for Tskuba. I didn't catch the lap that I set fast time on during the replay, I will have to 2atch again. All I know is that I 2as watching close that big gap at an insane rate everytime we crossed the start/finish line and was wondering when you were going to finally go for it. I was paying real close attention to my line and braking point so I could hopefully pull a switcheroo on you if you did pass me going into T1. I didn't want to carry so much speed that I couldn't pick my line thru the corner, I was confident that I could stay ahead in the Infield but that I was going to be in real trouble on the straights. Go job on not picking a corner penalty by the way. Both of my first 2 stints I short pitted, first time I hit that stupid wall on the inside corner of T1 even though it looked I never crossed over the white line, I watched frame by frame in the picture section. Second pit was early because I picked up a 1.5 second penalty exiting onto straight from infield even though all 4 tires never over the line, I guess the white really isn't the track border in some corners, so I came in early second time to. I could 20 laps on fuel with medium tires, I'm guessing you were not prepared for that the last half of the race.
I didn't notice that about the TCS. So Gran Turismo setup the TCS to work similar to how they had to drive these turbo beasts of that era.

I did pickup one corner penalty exiting the chicane. I had corner penalties on weak for Daytona. Because on strong they are little too sensitive compared to even real.

I know from the first race that the Mazda LM55 can out range me. But you could really run 20 laps without saving fuel? I just bought the LM55 Gr.1 yesterday. So isn't a car I have a lot of experience with yet on GT7.

I would assume the Toyota GR010 can out range me too. I don't currently own that car. I have gotten to test drive it a few times as a rental. I will stay the new Hyper Car/ GTP prototypes are faster on the straights but, lost a lot of cornering with the new 200 kg heavier minimum weight.

I didn't notice that about the TCS. So Gran Turismo setup the TCS to work similar to how they had to drive these turbo beasts of that era.

I did pickup one corner penalty exiting the chicane. I had corner penalties on weak for Daytona. Because on strong they are little too sensitive compared to even real.

I know from the first race that the Mazda LM55 can out range me. But you could really run 20 laps without saving fuel? I just bought the LM55 Gr.1 yesterday. So isn't a car I have a lot of experience with yet on GT7.

I would assume the Toyota GR010 can out range me too. I don't currently own that car. I have gotten to test drive it a few times as a rental. I will stay the new Hyper Car/ GTP prototypes are faster on the straights but, lost a lot of cornering with the new 200 kg heavier minimum weight.
I short shift to save fuel, it helps a lot. On my first stop which was a couple laps after yours I think I had just under half a tank left, so I could have gone at least 5-6 more laps which would have put around 17-18 laps.

Hey guys enjoy the 24 hours of Daytona. Round 3 is next Saturday 2/4/23. At Tsukuba Circuit. Yes that small little Japanese road course.

Should I try a public lobby again? It's not my first choice. But I'm still looking for more players.

If you know anyone who would be interested in this league. Please let them know we exist. And just help get the word out. Thank you.

Hey guys enjoy the 24 hours of Daytona. Round 3 is next Saturday 2/4/23. At Tsukuba Circuit. Yes that small little Japanese road course.

Should I try a public lobby again? It's not my first choice. But I'm still looking for more players.

If you know anyone who would be interested in this league. Please let them know we exist. And just help get the word out. Thank you.
For the most part I think most who may join by having a public lobby are not going to stick around due to the length of the race. Then you get people popping in and out during the race too. I think it's best just to make it painfully obvious that they need to send a friend request if they are thinking about racing.

That race is going to be tough on the noggin. I ran 45 laps this morning, it is tough to maintain your focus on that small track with these fast cars. That's even taking into consideration that Tskuba is one of my favorite tracks.

For the most part I think most who may join by having a public lobby are not going to stick around due to the length of the race. Then you get people popping in and out during the race too. I think it's best just to make it painfully obvious that they need to send a friend request if they are thinking about racing.
Yeah I've decided to keep the lobbies friends only. I don't think I going to find the crowd I'm looking for from random players.

That race is going to be tough on the noggin. I ran 45 laps this morning, it is tough to maintain your focus on that small track with these fast cars. That's even taking into consideration that Tskuba is one of my favorite tracks.
A long with showcasing my willingness to host almost anywhere. The idea for this race came from a real life race. Tsukuba Circuit hosted a 4 hour race for the All Japan Endurance Championship in 1984. I don't think race was popular since it only on the schedule for that season but, not everything is good idea.

This series was Japan's home equivalent to IMSA or the Sportscar World Championship which was a predecessor the World Endurance Championship.

On another interesting note in motor racing history. The All Japan Endurance Championship was the start to organization that would become now days Super GT.

This Saturday is our next race. The 1 Hour of Tsukuba Circuit. Weather will be set to random. Beware that rain is possible at Tsukuba. Make sure you have wet tires available incase. Most cars can completed this race on 1 fuel stop. Tire wear is the bigger issue. Good Luck.

This Saturday is our next race. The 1 Hour of Tsukuba Circuit. Weather will be set to random. Beware that rain is possible at Tsukuba. Make sure you have wet tires available incase. Most cars can completed this race on 1 fuel stop. Tire wear is the bigger issue. Good Luck.
I am guessing I will stop 2-3 times unless it rains, then probably less unless I hit something. Fresh tires make a big difference here.

I apologize for the late notice. There is a scenario brewing may force me to postpone this race. I will try to confirm it as soon as possible but, it's very likely I won't know for sure until last minute. If I must postpone this race. It will be moved to Saturday March 11th. Which is the next available postponement date. Once again it I greatly apologize any inconvenience and or disappointment.

Last edited:
I apologize for the late notice. There is a scenario brewing may force me to postpone this race. I will try to confirm it as soon as possible but, it's very likely I won't know for sure until last minute. If I must postpone this race. It will be moved to Saturday March 11th. Which is the next available postponement date. Once again it I greatly apologize any inconvenience and or disappointment.

if you could let us know an hour before race time that would be great, that way I don't have to stop working early.

186206b94a248-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 3 Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Lap Record: fastone371
Race Winner: fastone371

No Reports

Gr.1 Standings
Round 3 of 12
Position / PSN ID / Points Total

1. Fastone371, 62 pts
2. TheColdWarriors, 42 pts
3. monsta1166467738, 24 pts

Hey mate, I got your PSN message, looks very tempting! Unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to race at that time as it's past midnight in the UK. Won't be very convenient as I also have races during the day on Saturdays. Sorry about that. Wish you all the best with this league hopefully we will cross paths again in future series!

That being said, I might try to make it to the Le Mans Classic as I have enormous passion for Group C.

Last edited:
Hey mate, I got your PSN message, looks very tempting! Unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to race at that time as it's past midnight in the UK. Won't be very convenient as I also have races during the day on Saturdays. Sorry about that. Wish you all the best with this league hopefully we will cross paths again in future series!

That being said, I might try to make it to the Le Mans Classic as I have enormous passion for Group C.
Sorry can't I really start early. At least 2 players that come right from work to join. They probably won't be able to make it if start earlier.

The schedule for this season worked out well for the Group C. The Daytona Road Course and Le Mans races will be annual events. Le Mans will swap between layouts. The No Chicane layout won the coin flip for inaugural season.

Last edited:
Next Race

2/18 - R4. Tokyo Expressway East All-Night

Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise - 60 Minutes - Rain Maybe - Twilight Start - x3 Time Change - Night Driving Yes - Initial Fuel 96% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x1

Sorry guys I changed the main forum but, forgot to post the details for the next round in comments. Round 4 will be hold at Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise (aka Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop).

The Counterclockwise or Inner Loop versions of the Tokyo Expressway tracks are sort of viewed a reverse layouts. Those is technically not the case. Despite not being a true reverse trace of the track. As the Counterclockwise layouts use the other side of the Expressway. All six layouts do have one thing in common. They all the are very fast high speed circuits with a incredibly high average speed.

The Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise is the 2nd longest of the six layouts. With a length 4.47 miles. The East layouts both contest of the long main straight, a sharp double apex hairpin like turn, and a long series medium and high speed corners. The Counterclockwise version can see higher top speeds being that corner exiting onto the straight being 35 to 40 mph faster than on the hairpin on the clockwise version.

The East layouts can rather difficult to setup a car for. As the track requires both a high top speed and high speed cornering. Finding that perfect balanced setup is difficult task. Good luck.

Oh rain is possible on this rain possible on this layout. Those change of rain seems to be low going by Arcade Custom.

Next Race

2/18 - R4. Tokyo Expressway East All-Night

Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise - 60 Minutes - Rain Maybe - Twilight Start - x3 Time Change - Night Driving Yes - Initial Fuel 96% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x1

Sorry guys I changed the main forum but, forgot to post the details for the next round in comments. Round 4 will be hold at Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise (aka Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop).

The Counterclockwise or Inner Loop versions of the Tokyo Expressway tracks are sort of viewed a reverse layouts. Those is technically not the case. Despite not being a true reverse trace of the track. As the Counterclockwise layouts use the other side of the Expressway. All six layouts do have one thing in common. They all the are very fast high speed circuits with a incredibly high average speed.

The Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise is the 2nd longest of the six layouts. With a length 4.47 miles. The East layouts both contest of the long main straight, a sharp double apex hairpin like turn, and a long series medium and high speed corners. The Counterclockwise version can see higher top speeds being that corner exiting onto the straight being 35 to 40 mph faster than on the hairpin on the clockwise version.

The East layouts can rather difficult to setup a car for. As the track requires both a high top speed and high speed cornering. Finding that perfect balanced setup is difficult task. Good luck.

Oh rain is possible on this rain possible on this layout. Those change of rain seems to be low going by Arcade Custom.
Your car will be very fast here.

Hey guys tonight is our next race. I apologize to you Nascar fans for it taking place during the of Xfinity race. I had family events for February 11th and 25th. So the 18th was the only choice for a 2nd race in February.

Back