2024 Gr.1/Gr.3 Sat Night Endurance League, Next Race 5/4, High-Speed Ring 410 km, Open 7pm Qualifying 8pm Race 8:30pm All US Eastern TimeOpen 

Has anyone watched the replay?? The lag is horrible, not so much cars flying all over the track (just sometines) but the cars are very jittery, constant tire squealing even on straights from console correction, I saw it while racing too. Do we still have users on PS4? I read somewhere on GTP that the lobby is only as good as the weakest connection. Just trying to figure out if it's a console, connection, or PD problem. GTS seemed much more stable.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched the replay?? The lag is horrible, not so much cars flying all over the track (just sometines) but the cars are very jittery, constant tire squealing even on straights from console correction, I saw it while racing too. Do we still have users on PS4? I read somewhere on GTP that the lobby is only as good as the weakest connection. Just trying to figure out if it's a console, connection, or PD problem. GTS seemed much more stable.
I noticed the same. There was a moment when I was going for a pass on you, but couldn't tell exactly where you were. I didn't know if it was my connection or what

I think it would be my fault if it's everyone. Since I'm the one hosting but, I didn't notice anything problems during race. I'm not sure what console everyone is playing from.

I think it would be my fault if it's everyone. Since I'm the one hosting but, I didn't notice anything problems during race. I'm not sure what console everyone is playing from.
I'm on a wired PS5 with a very strong connection, if anyone should have a good lag free connection I think it would be me. @Coldwarrior, did you watch the replay??

I noticed the same. There was a moment when I was going for a pass on you, but couldn't tell exactly where you were. I didn't know if it was my connection or what
It was after the long straight at the sweeping left hand corner, correct?? I was watching you on my radar and was wondering why you backed, I was fully expecting you to pass me.

It was after the long straight at the sweeping left hand corner, correct?? I was watching you on my radar and was wondering why you backed, I was fully expecting you to pass me.
Yeah, I couldn't tell exactly where you were and didn't want to make contact.

I appreciate that. That's the absolute worst thing about lag/latency is not knowing exactly where the other car is. Have you watched the replay at all?? It is beyond annoying because all cars on track have chirping tires for the entire lap/race. Its not like the cars are bouncing from wall to wall but they are constantly moving around about 2 car widths side to side the entire time.

I appreciate that. That's the absolute worst thing about lag/latency is not knowing exactly where the other car is. Have you watched the replay at all?? It is beyond annoying because all cars on track have chirping tires for the entire lap/race. Its not like the cars are bouncing from wall to wall but they are constantly moving around about 2 car widths side to side the entire time.
I did not. I just noticed the lag and jumping around from everyone during the race.

I've decided to slightly lengthen the round 10 race at High-Speed Ring Reverse. Or more accurately restored it's original length before I decided to make it wet. Since it's a lap race. The time needed to complete the race would longer in the wet. So I shortened it. However I been thinking it makes little sense this race would be shortened ahead of time. So I decided add the 25 km back on which is extra 6 laps.

Next Next Race

5/6 - R10. 225 km of High Speed Ring R
High-Speed Ring Reverse - 52 Laps - Rain Yes - Late Morning Start - x3 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 98% - Tires Required None - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x1

Special Notice: Round 10 at High-Speed Ring Reverse with have predetermined weather patterns. It will be wet most of the race.

Hey guys hope you're enjoying your off week. Maybe watching the professionals drive in circles like I am. We have races in a row coming up. Next Saturday round 9 at Deep Forest. The following Saturday round 10 at High-Speed Ring Reverse. There maybe some weather in the forecast. Something about the remnants of a typhoon that land off far South.

Last edited:
I have not had a chance to run a single lap at Deep Forest, I will be bringing up the rear this next race.
Oh what 8 wins not enough. You probably just about locked up 1st place in the standings.

I offer 1 hour 15 minutes practice before each race for those who don't have the time to practice. You don't have to be fashionably last minute every race. You can also come in early get some practice in before the race. And if you can't and need extra time. Let me know I can always delay the start a little bit.

Last edited:
Oh what 8 wins not enough. You probably just about locked up 1st place in the standings.

I offer 1 hour 15 minutes practice before each race for those who don't have the time to practice. You don't have to be fashionably last minute every race. You can also come in early get some practice in before the race. And if you can't and need extra time. Let me know I can always delay the start a little bit.
I show up "fashionably late" every race because I work until it's time to come in and take a shower and then race. I leave the lobby quickly because that is when I finally eat dinner.

I show up "fashionably late" every race because I work until it's time to come in and take a shower and then race. I leave the lobby quickly because that is when I finally eat dinner.
I don't eat dinner until after the race. I keep the room so everyone gets time to talk and relax there until they are ready to leave. Though it helps me a little that I live a weird schedule. I've probably eaten more recently than that you.

What time do you get home? I have nothing important too do. So I can always start later so your not rushed and have time to grab a snack before we start. I've been thinking about moving to a later start time always. We're not getting any interested Europeans. We might get some more west coast players and early morning Eastern Australians, New Zealanders, and Japanese.

I don't eat dinner until after the race. I keep the room so everyone gets time to talk and relax there until they are ready to leave. Though it helps me a little that I live a weird schedule. I've probably eaten more recently than that you.

What time do you get home? I have nothing important too do. So I can always start later so your not rushed and have time to grab a snack before we start. I've been thinking about moving to a later start time always. We're not getting any interested Europeans. We might get some more west coast players and early morning Eastern Australians, New Zealanders, and Japanese.
A later start time may be an issue for me and my crew, but you are free to do as you like. Of course. We are the new comers

What time do you get home? I have nothing important too do. So I can artalways start later so your not rushed and have time to grab a snack before we start. I've been thinking about moving to a later start time always.We're not getting any interested Europeans. We might get some more west coast players and early morning Eastern Australians, New Zealanders, and Japanese.
I'm fine with the start time, I am never rushed. I have a shop at home, that's where my "work" is before race time. I can stop working whenever I want obviously, I just stay out as late as I can until it's time to race, thats all. If I eat dinner before the race my fat butt will fall asleep during the race. :lol:

A later start time may be an issue for me and my crew, but you are free to do as you like. Of course. We are the new comers
I'm fine with the start time, I am never rushed. I have a shop at home, that's where my "work" is before race time. I can stop working whenever I want obviously, I just stay out as late as I can until it's time to race, thats all. If I eat dinner before the race my fat butt will fall asleep during the race. :lol:
I'm not going to make major changes without consulting with current members. Especially not mid season. I was just thinking of to start opening at 7pm and start qualifying at 8pm Eastern. Get some nice round more rememberable numbers. It would allow me to run the 6pm Saturday Sport Mode Championship races. As I usually can't make the 5pm slot. Plus less characters to type. Which means it both saves space and slightly my work load. And I guess it gets Fastone371 extra 15 minutes of pay.

Last edited:
Hey guys it's a little over 24 hours until our next race from this post. The Olympic Qualifier is conveniently a great way to practice for this weekends race at Deep Forest. In other news the family plans I had 6/3. Which caused me move round 12 at Le Mans to 6/10 have been canceled. I don't plan to move the race back to 6/3 but, I will be opening this date as postponement.

Hey guys it's a little over 24 hours until our next race from this post. The Olympic Qualifier is conveniently a great way to practice for this weekends race at Deep Forest. In other news the family plans I had 6/3. Which caused me move round 12 at Le Mans to 6/10 have been canceled. I don't plan to move the race back to 6/3 but, I will be opening this date as postponement.
I will be there to race tonight but I'm not putting much effort into this race. Deep Forest is kind of a Mickey Mouse layout with no flow, it doesn't seem that PD carried this course to the future very well.

I will be there to race tonight but I'm not putting much effort into this race. Deep Forest is kind of a Mickey Mouse layout with no flow, it doesn't seem that PD carried this course to the future very well.
Deep Forest is one of the original tracks from the first Gran Turismo game. The original layout is fast and technical. And the course could difficult to pass on after a certain performance. The beginning of the course is fairly original. From the left hander before the back straight and on have been modified from the original. Which I believe was done to improve passing. I don't mind the changes for the forward layout. Though they do change the tracks characteristics quite a bit. As top speed is more important with the longer flatout runs. I don't like the changes when it comes to the reverse layout. In particularly the kink before the new sharp hairpin like turn is very awkward for the reverse layout. And hinders the hairpin of being a passing point the reverse layout.

Deep Forest is one of the original tracks from the first Gran Turismo game. The original layout is fast and technical. And the course could difficult to pass on after a certain performance. The beginning of the course is fairly original. From the left hander before the back straight and on have been modified from the original. Which I believe was done to improve passing. I don't mind the changes for the forward layout. Though they do change the tracks characteristics quite a bit. As top speed is more important with the longer flatout runs. I don't like the changes when it comes to the reverse layout. In particularly the kink before the new sharp hairpin like turn is very awkward for the reverse layout. And hinders the hairpin of being a passing point the reverse layout.
It would have been nice if PD could have included the original layout too even if it wasn't as detailed.
When you look at pics of the current and original layouts the differences are pretty major. I think the original layout has more turns but for the most all but 1 are faster, I would have to drive to see if that were true. I have the ability to do that on any PS console with any version of GT but it's a lot of work digging everything up at the moment. PD really gaffed the first turn and the sharp left hander after the back straight, they are just too slow.

Last edited:
It would have been nice if PD could have included the original layout too even if it wasn't as detailed.
When you look at pics of the current and original layouts the differences are pretty major. I think the original layout has more turns but for the most all but 1 are faster, I would have to drive to see if that were true. I have the ability to do that on any PS console with any version of GT but it's a lot of work digging everything up at the moment. PD really gaffed the first turn and the sharp left hander after the back straight, they are just too slow.
The last turn was turned into a faster double apex. So technically there's more corners. The straights where lengthened especially the back straight. The turn 1 hairpin is about the same. The only thing they did there was add that concrete patchwork. Which I have mixed feelings about since it does add a sense of immersion by showing surface wear but, some cars don't like surface change and won't to stay on the inside without a fight.

Then wait way would you like the Nurburgring GP so much. Especially the modern layout with the Mercedes Arena. That track is very slow. Much slower than new layout of Deep Forest.

Then wait way would you like the Nurburgring GP so much. Especially the modern layout with the Mercedes Arena. That track is very slow. Much slower than new layout of Deep Forest.
I didnt choose Nurb F1 track because I liked it so much but because I wanted to choose a track that we didnt race already this season, in fact I dont remember a race there at all. Have you compared the original Deep Forest and the current by looking at each layout? The new one seems to have much tighter, slower corners. If you have driven the original lately I will take your word for it, if you have not I guess I will have to drag out my PS1 or 2 and my early Gran Turismo versions. I hope my memory cards still work.

Back