2024 Gr.1/Gr.3 Sat Night Endurance League, Next Race 5/4, High-Speed Ring 410 km, Open 7pm Qualifying 8pm Race 8:30pm All US Eastern TimeOpen 

I didnt choose Nurb F1 track because I liked it so much but because I wanted to choose a track that we didnt race already this season, in fact I dont remember a race there at all. Have you compared the original Deep Forest and the current by looking at each layout? The new one seems to have much tighter, slower corners. If you have driven the original lately I will take your word for it, if you have not I guess I will have to drag out my PS1 or 2 and my early Gran Turismo versions. I hope my memory cards still work.
We raced Nurburgring GP when Rinsky was in charge. I'm not the biggest fan of the GP course. I feel they could of built a the modern track much closer to the characteristics of the Nordschleife. As for Deep Forest everything after the little bridge to the front straight is new. This is including the pit entrance.

187cfd977e696-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 9 Results

Pole Award: Fastone371
Race Winner: Fastone371
Fast Lap: Fastone371

2023 Standings
Round 9 of 12

1. Fastone371, 170 pts, 9 of 10, 9 Wins
2. TheColdWarriors, 106 pts, 9 of 10
3. Chuk713, 46 pts, 4 of 10
4. Beard_Prepared, 46 pts, 4 of 10
5. Monsta1166467738, 38 pts, 4 of 10
6. Spade3000, 38 pts, 5 of 10
7. SirRoseBuds2223, 18 pts, 2 of 10
8. Midgetpickle79, 8 pts, 1 of 10

Important League News
(Que serious news music)

Midgetpickle79 is no longer eligible the experimental catch-up system. Catch-up bonus points have been removed. Midgetpickle79 is now listed as part time driver for remainder of the season.

New Penalty Added to Forum
Penalty Of God Like Knowledge: For anyone player possessing advance knowledge of the weather patterns of a race or event. Must make 1 stop go pit stop as soon as it safe to so. May not except tire or fuel services while serving penalty.

I may start allowing those who are awarded track picks. To make a custom weather patterns for their selected race. However they will be penalized as well.

Next Race

5/6 - R10. 225 km of High Speed Ring R
High-Speed Ring Reverse - 52 Laps - Rain Yes - Late Morning Start - x6 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 98% - Tires Required None - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x1

Special Notice: Round 10 at High-Speed Ring Reverse will have predetermined weather patterns. While it is supposed to get wet. Please note predetermined weather still has some randomness. Weather systems can miss the track.

Last edited:
Deep Forest is one of the original tracks from the first Gran Turismo game. The original layout is fast and technical. And the course could difficult to pass on after a certain performance. The beginning of the course is fairly original. From the left hander before the back straight and on have been modified from the original. Which I believe was done to improve passing. I don't mind the changes for the forward layout. Though they do change the tracks characteristics quite a bit. As top speed is more important with the longer flatout runs. I don't like the changes when it comes to the reverse layout. In particularly the kink before the new sharp hairpin like turn is very awkward for the reverse layout. And hinders the hairpin of being a passing point the reverse layout.
I find it interesting that you find top speed to be important here. I put max downforce on my car during practice and ran faster lap times with less top speed. I find cornering speed to be much more important than max speed. I also can't complain about this track so much anymore, I just never ran enough laps here. This track is a great rhythm track like Tskuba is, probably because it's relatively short (I think, the lap times suggest that anyways)

I find it interesting that you find top speed to be important here. I put max downforce on my car during practice and ran faster lap times with less top speed. I find cornering speed to be much more important than max speed. I also can't complain about this track so much anymore, I just never ran enough laps here. This track is a great rhythm track like Tskuba is, probably because it's relatively short (I think, the lap times suggest that anyways)
Wait, really that worked for the Mazda LM55 too? I ran max because the old Group C cars are at a cornering disadvantage and have plenty of straightaway speed to sacrifice. And I was still reaching over 200 mph into turn 1 with maximize downforce. But, straightaway speed is important this layout than it for both lap time. And more importantly for passing on the new layout. Most of the newer cars can't afford to sacrifice straightaway speed as it does eventually start hurting lap times.

As for passing you can ask @Chuk713 how difficult it is to pass here with a straightaway disadvantage. I held him up for good 15 laps. He had to wait until my tires wore to make a pass on me before the back straight. And was still kinda of nice and let him go. As I was close on fuel make the next lap.

Oh and yeah you won this hour race by 40.3 seconds. I don't want to hear complaining anymore about the layout. And I was very nice about the schedule for season 1. As it says in the track pick award section. The only dirt track I'm not allowing is the Nurburgring Tourists layout. As corraling players through the public entrance / exit seems unnecessary problematic. Which I don't think the Tourists layout is available online anyways.

Wait, really that worked for the Mazda LM55 too? I ran max because the old Group C cars are at a cornering disadvantage and have plenty of straightaway speed to sacrifice. And I was still reaching over 200 mph into turn 1 with maximize downforce. But, straightaway speed is important this layout than it for both lap time. And more importantly for passing on the new layout. Most of the newer cars can't afford to sacrifice straightaway speed as it does eventually start hurting lap times.

As for passing you can ask @Chuk713 how difficult it is to pass here with a straightaway disadvantage. I held him up for good 15 laps. He had to wait until my tires wore to make a pass on me before the back straight. And was still kinda of nice and let him go. As I was close on fuel make the next lap.

Oh and yeah you won this hour race by 40.3 seconds. I don't want to hear complaining anymore about the layout. And I was very nice about the schedule for season 1. As it says in the track pick award section. The only dirt track I'm not allowing is the Nurburgring Tourists layout. As corraling players through the public entrance / exit seems unnecessary problematic. Which I don't think the Tourists layout is available online anyways.
I complain about everything:)
I tested with less downforce and max downforce, there is no question max downforce produces the best lap times. About the only place that is true is at LeMans without chicanes. Even Monza is faster in most cars with max downforce. I maxed out at 184mph at Deep Forest, with a lower downforce set up I was at 194mph at Deep Forest but that little bit of speed doesnt offset the increase in corner speed. Cornering speeds are where most time is made up, I think that is far more important than the little time you spend at speed on straights.

I complain about everything:)
I tested with less downforce and max downforce, there is no question max downforce produces the best lap times. About the only place that is true is at LeMans without chicanes. Even Monza is faster in most cars with max downforce. I maxed out at 184mph at Deep Forest, with a lower downforce set up I was at 194mph at Deep Forest but that little bit of speed doesnt offset the increase in corner speed. Cornering speeds are where most time is made up, I think that is far more important than the little time you spend at speed on straights.
That makes little sense for Monza when F1 teams run minimal downforce for their yearly visit. Possibly means drag isn't effective enough in GT7 then.

That makes little sense for Monza when F1 teams run minimal downforce for their yearly visit. Possibly means drag isn't effective enough in GT7 then.
Or could it be that F1 cars produce such a great amount of downforce that huge wings are not needed in F1 at Monza due to downforce provided by the floors and diffuser? Try the SF19 at Monza, I was setting up one for a race that didn't materialize but I had the best lap times when I ran large levels of downforce. Most cars just don't pick up that much straight line speed when reducing downforce. I was a lot of front downforce and little rear downforce, it also makes the car turn nicely as long as you don't have oversteer.

Hey guys tomorrow night is our next race. Round 10 of 12 at High-Speed Ring Reverse. Inclement weather is likely. As the remnants of a recent typhoon (aka hurricane or cyclone) that made landfall on the main island. Is coming up the coast. And is expected to effect the race with rain of various intensities. You'll want to run more downforce than you normally would for a dry track. Please note there may be some dry portions of the race too. Good luck.

Disclaimer please note I'm just creating a storyline and have little knowledge of how weather systems typically act on the Japanese islands. I do know the islands are often effected by typhoon similar to our eastern coast line during summer and fall. I don't the typical tracks of these weather systems over the islands

Hey guys tomorrow night is our next race. Round 10 of 12 at High-Speed Ring Reverse. Inclement weather is likely. As the remnants of a recent typhoon (aka hurricane or cyclone) that made landfall on the main island. Is coming up the coast. And is expected to effect the race with rain of various intensities. You'll want to run more downforce than you normally would for a dry track. Please note there may be some dry portions of the race too. Good luck.

Disclaimer please note I'm just creating a storyline and have little knowledge of how weather systems typically act on the Japanese islands. I do know the islands are often effected by typhoon similar to our eastern coast line during summer and fall. I don't the typical tracks of these weather systems over the islands
If I may I will add to the storyline. The presence of H2O is likely to make the track more slick than normal, you may want to investigate the operational function of you anti lock brake system. 🙂

Feel free to change tracks if you don't want to race at Nurb next week, thats fine with me. Suzuka would have been a good choice and well as one Kyoto circuits, St. Croix, or basically anywhere that isn't Big Willow. If I had the choice to do over I would probably have chosen Alsace.

Last edited:
Feel free to change tracks if you don't want to race at Nurb next week, thats fine with me. Suzuka would have been a good choice and well as one Kyoto circuits, St. Croix, or basically anywhere that isn't Big Willow. If I had the choice to do over I would probably have chosen Alsace.
As much as I would to choice it since my antique Nissan is going to be horrible for it. I have intention of changing out a race mid season. Unless some sort of game breaking glitch is discovered. Like there was for certain layouts Lago Maggiore when the season started. Even if that were the case. I would likely postpone the race to a later date. Unless I don't think Gran Turismo would have enough time fix the glitch. In that case would try to replace it with a track with similar characteristics. For a slow stop go style like the Nurburgring GP. I would probably go for either Red Bull or Laguna Sega.

P.S. Willow Springs Big Willow is will remain an available choice.

Last edited:
Room Open! I'm going to reset the room before we start qualifying. So early arrivals don't have the advantage of knowing the weather patterns.

S

As much as I would to choice it since my antique Nissan is going to be horrible for it. I have intention of changing out a race mid season. Unless some sort of game breaking glitch is discovered. Like there was for certain layouts Lago Maggiore when the season started. Even if that were the case. I would likely postpone the race to a later date. Unless I don't think Gran Turismo would have enough time fix the glitch. In that case would try to replace it with a track with similar characteristics. For a slow stop go style like the Nurburgring GP. I would probably go for either Red Bull or Laguna Sega.

Not to worry, I won't be choosing Willow if it's my choice, maybe Streets of Willow but not Big Willow.

187f55c112437-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 10 Results

Pole Award: TheColdWarriors
Fastest Lap: Fastone371

2023 Standings
Round 10 of 12

1. Fastone371, 170 pts, 10 of 10, 9 Wins
2. TheColdWarriors, 106 pts, 10 of 10
3. Chuk713, 46 pts, 6 of 10
4. Beard_Prepared, 46 pts, 6 of 10
6. Spade3000, 25 pts, 3 of 10
7. SirRoseBuds2223, 9 pts, 1 of 10

Notice: Fastone371 and TheColdWarriors have reached the max score limit of 10. Amd now must best scores from earlier rounds errors to earn points. Can only earn the amount of amount points the previous score was bested by.

Notice 2: Monsta1166467738 and Spade3000 have missed too many races to be full time. And are no longer eligible for Catch-up points. SirRoseBuds2223 score has been corrected as they no longer eligible for Catch-up points.

View attachment 1254428
Round 10 Results

2023 Standings
Round 10 of 12

Notice: Fastone371 and TheColdWarriors have reached the max score limit of 10. Amd now must best scores from earlier rounds errors to earn points. Can only earn the amount of amount points the previous score was bested by.

Notice 2: Monsta1166467738 and Spade3000 have missed too many races to be full time. And are no longer eligible for Catch-up points. SirRoseBuds2223 score has been corrected as they no longer eligible for Catch-up points.
Today at 4:12 AM????
Time to sleep

Today at 4:12 AM????
Time to sleep
That's 5:12 am Eastern. I'm still working on stuff. Welcome to the life of a suffering insomniac. I sleep a weird schedule because when I go to bed don't matter for much. I only get about 1 or 2 solid nights of sleep a month.

5/20 - R11. 1 Hour of the Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring GP - 60 Minutes - Rain Maybe - Late Morning Start - x6 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 97% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x1

Round 11 is in 2 weeks at Nurburgring GP. While not pre set it can rain at all the Nurburgring layouts. Once again there will no tire requirements because I don't know if Gran Turismo cancels the penalty should if it be wet.

View attachment 1254428
Round 10 Results

2023 Standings
Round 10 of 12

Is my victory at HSR under investigation by the FIA? Was my car illegal? I had 9 wins at the conclusion of Deep Forest.

I like Big Willow but, it's not a thought for next season. I been looking at old and new tracks we or Rinsky haven't hosted on yet. And I been looking at the Horse Thief Mile layout or Streets Of Willow Springs Reverse layout. One of very few real life tracks that are bidirectional. Other evil ideas include the only remaining Tokyo Expressway layout not to host. Which would be Central Counterclockwise (GTS Central Inner Loop). And either Nurburgring 24h or Endurance layouts. Prototypes haven't raced on the Nordschleife since 1983.

I like Big Willow but, it's not a thought for next season. I been looking at old and new tracks we or Rinsky haven't hosted on yet. And I been looking at the Horse Thief Mile layout or Streets Of Willow Springs Reverse layout. One of very few real life tracks that are bidirectional. Other evil ideas include the only remaining Tokyo Expressway layout not to host. Which would be Central Counterclockwise (GTS Central Inner Loop). And either Nurburgring 24h or Endurance layouts. Prototypes haven't raced on the Nordschleife since 1983.
Maybe we should race GR2 cars or even Super Formula

Maybe we should race GR2 cars or even Super Formula
Well I do still want to add another 2nd class for this league either Gr.2 or Gr.3. I might not do 3 classes with maximum of 16 cars which doesn't workout evenly into 3 any. My vote would be for Gr.3 class. Larger car selection, more class interactions, and are easier to drive for less skilled players. I would want at least 4 entries for each class before the start of the season.

Well I do still want to add another 2nd class for this league either Gr.2 or Gr.3. I might not do 3 classes with maximum of 16 cars which doesn't workout evenly into 3 any. My vote would be for Gr.3 class. Larger car selection, more class interactions, and are easier to drive for less skilled players. I would want at least 4 entries for each class before the start of the season.
I dont think dual entries is a good idea unless you have almost a full field. This year is proving more than ever that car choice can make you lose but it doesn't look like it will help you win. I think a one make with a different car each race would be fun. Limit HP and weight and allow tuning .

I dont think dual entries is a good idea unless you have almost a full field. This year is proving more than ever that car choice can make you lose but it doesn't look like it will help you win. I think a one make with a different car each race would be fun. Limit HP and weight and allow tuning .
It's what the promise of this league was though. I might run something different as shorter run fall series. Since Gran Turismo's primary focus is sports car racing. I want my flagship series to be representative of that but, I also want something different that what's available elsewhere in Gran Turismo. Mixed class sport car endurance racing is common in the real world but, is not well represented in Gran Turismo.

It's what the promise of this league was though. I might run something different as shorter run fall series. Since Gran Turismo's primary focus is sports car racing. I want my flagship series to be representative of that but, I also want something different that what's available elsewhere in Gran Turismo. Mixed class sport car endurance racing is common in the real world but, is not well represented in Gran Turismo.
In the real world there can be 20 cars in each class, the biggest field we can run is 16. I'm afraid if you try multi class you will have 2 in one class and rest in the other.

Last edited:
In the real world there can be 20 cars in each class, the biggest field we can run is 16. I'm afraid if you try multi class you will have 2 in one class and rest in the other.
Which is why I would have a 4 entry minimum for a class to be official. With a 16 maximum is I probably won't run more than 2 class.

Back