2024 McLaren 750S (720S Successor)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
McLaren to reveal the next installment in their Super Series of cars, allegedly called the 750S, tomorrow

screen-shot-2023-04-24-at-11-22-40-am-64469fd8cacf0.png

The new vehicle, internally named 750S, will carry over the 720's 4.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V-8 engine with 710 hp, but it will have an additional 30 hp, a person briefed on the matter told Automotive News.

The 750S features an exterior and interior that borrows design cues from other McLaren vehicles.

The source said the new car is the "perfect blend" of the 720S and the more powerful and lightweight 765LT.

"It's not as extreme as 765, but it is a little more aggressive than 720," they said.

The 750S will be the last non-electrified mainstream McLaren model. The exotic sports car maker has said future vehicles will be either hybrid or all-electric.

Borrow design cues from other McLarens?! I am shocked, they've never done that before. All of them look so distinct...

Excessive sarcasm aside, I really struggle to get excited about anything McLaren does, because all of them just look like they've been run through a copier (Senna, Speedtail and Elva aside, and even those are a stretch). Hell, that teaser could be for a model from three or four years ago that they're reusing and I don't think anybody would notice.

Oh that's quite a mild facelift exterior wise. I spotted new rims, a slightly different front and rear bumper, a different exhaust, different intake on the side skirts and a different wing. Anything else?

Last edited:
McLaren 750S

mclaren-750s-coupe-front-3-4.jpg

mclaren-750s-coupe-profile.jpg

mclaren-750s-coupe-rear-3-4.jpg

mclaren-750s-spider-front-3-4.jpg

mclaren-750s-coupe-and-spider.jpg

mclaren-750s-spider-interior.jpg

The successor to the potent McLaren 720S is finally here. It’s called the 750S, and it enhances and refines many aspects of its predecessor, with around 30 percent of the supercar’s components new or changed. The automaker revealed both the coupe and hardtop convertible body styles.

The new McLaren hides a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine under the familiar-looking body. It produces 730 horsepower (740 brake horsepower) and 590 pound-feet of torque, more than the McLaren P1. An updated seven-speed sequential gearbox with a shorter final drive ratio feeds power to the rear wheels.

The 750S Coupe and Spider can reach 60 miles per hour in just 2.7 seconds. However, the convertible is 0.1 seconds slower to 124 mph – 7.2 to 7.3 – and 0.6 seconds slower to 186, which takes 19.8 and 20.4. Their quarter-mile times also differ, with the coupe completing it in 10.1 seconds compared to the Spider’s 10.3-second time. Both can reach a top speed of 206 mph.

The model has a 0.24-inch (6-millimeter) wider front track and new suspension geometry. It arrives with McLaren’s new-generation Proactive Chassis Control III, with three-percent softer front springs and four-percent firmer rear ones. The automaker also improved its vehicle-lift system, raising the front of the car in four seconds. It took the 720S 10.

At the front, a new bumper channels air into the redesigned and narrower eye sockets that house the LED lighting and a path to the low-temperature radiators. A new extended front splitter provides aerodynamic balance, working in connection with the 20-percent larger active rear wing.

All the weight savings results in the 750S coup weighing 66 lbs less than the 720S, tipping the scales at 3,062 lbs (DIN). The Spider is only 108 lbs heavier at 3,170 lbs.

The 750S Coupe starts at $324,000 (prices do not include transportation and port processing fees of $5,000 or the $2,240 Americas Accessory Pack). The 750S Spider costs $345,000 to start.

Continuing the long slog downhill from the actually somewhat interesting MP4-12C, which is somehow only a decade(ish) old even though Mclaren have released 6 million new models since then.

I actually don’t like the lack of carbon/black/two-tone on the splitter and vents near it, but maybe that’s something that can be easily spec’d on.

I think the overall styling really benefits from having the black around the headlights, but if that’s the only part of the car with those darker contrast spots it kinda looks like a panda but if it was just a white bear with black eye spots, it doesn’t feel balanced. Color weight seems off.

Continuing the long slog downhill from the actually somewhat interesting MP4-12C, which is somehow only a decade(ish) old even though Mclaren have released 6 million new models since then.
I had high hopes that McLaren would produce beautiful F1-inspired cars with innovative tech that are actually desirable, but instead we're getting a slew of Gungan submersibles.

Latest Posts

Back