2024 Toyota Camry

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Toyota teases a new mysterious car that is likely the next generation Camry

1697745763124.png

I'm really hoping it follows the design from the Prius as I think that's probably one of the best looking cars right now

Please don't look like the Crown, please don't look like the new Crown, please don't look like the new Crown.

It's kind of crazy that the Camry is the only fun/sporty-ish car you can get in the segment now and all Toyota had to do was nothing as everyone else discontinued their models and made them worse.

Meanwhile, down here, Camry buyers are on a two year waiting list. Doesn't matter what I looks like.

It's kind of crazy that the Camry is the only fun/sporty-ish car you can get in the segment now and all Toyota had to do was nothing as everyone else discontinued their models and made them worse.
Funny enough with the corolla and the camry. Honda or Toyota are in position to take the crown as the longest continuously manufactured vehicle in the world, within the next decade or two.

Hybrid only, no V6. It's also on the same platform as the current generation so this is just a refresh.

1700017514339.png

1700017520401.png

1700017527625.png

1700017599023.png

1700017581282.png

The 2025 Toyota Camry introduces the ninth generation of the popular sedan. It's available exclusively as a hybrid, and buyers can pick between front- or all-wheel drive configurations as well as LE, SE, XLE, and XSE trim levels.

Its hybrid powertrain pairs a 2.5-liter four-cylinder to electric motors. The front-drive variant gets two electric motors and makes a total of 225 horsepower. The AWD version adds a third motor-generator to the rear axle, boosting total output to 232 hp.

Both powertrains use an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT). The hybrid system uses a lithium-ion battery, but Toyota isn't disclosing its capacity until closer to the new Camry's launch.

It appears that the V6 engine is dead in the Camry. "[This is] just part of moving to all hybrid," a spokesperson told Motor1. "[The] new system will have ample power and is retuned for performance driving feel."

However, this ninth-generation Camry is a heavy refresh, not an all-new car. The 2025 model rides on the same TNGA-K platform that was underneath the eighth-generation model. However, there is a reworked suspension with new shocks and revised tuning. The automaker touts the setup as offering "enhanced responsiveness and agile handling."

[...] The new Camry hits dealers in spring 2024.

1702845263828.png
1702845316799.png

The interior as well as the exterior looking pretty good. It seems to have all the ingredients to be a perfect family car.

I think that would look nice the size of a Corolla sedan.

1702851826253.jpeg

Also miss the simplicity of my ‘95 Camry interior. Not feeling that Etch-A-Sketch over the vents.

Can't wait to see these adorned with Uber and Lyft stickers/lights running stop signs, reversing down one way streets, turning left on red, passing on the freeway shoulder, parking in the bike lane, and generally screaming at the top of its CVT lungs just like the previous one. Somewhere along the way, the Camry has become the most recklessly driven car on the road.

The car has come a long way from this:
View attachment 1348107

...but great googa mooga that thing looks massive.
This new one is the same size as the one we've had for years. They have been getting bigger but it's not nearly as big as the new Accord which is a very long car. The Camry is par for the course for mid-size cars now.

The car has come a long way from this:
View attachment 1348107

...but great googa mooga that thing looks massive.

Dynamically, it doesn't feel that much bigger than a Corolla. Toyotas that just seem to drive and feel like 90% of all other Toyotas is their habit, for better or for worse.

I've been hoping for a pared-down Accord/Camry in the mold of the 2000-ish Accord Type R / Acura TSX but I've stopped holding my breath.

Last edited:
Dynamically, it doesn't feel that much bigger than a Corolla. Toyotas that just seem to drive and feel like 90% of all other Toyotas is their habit, for better or for worse.

I've been hoping for a pared-down Accord/Camry in the mold of the 2000-ish Accord Type R / Acura TSX but I've stopped holding my breath.
When I came to Australia, I saw these.

I guess it would be the Avalon in the states, but I can’t recall seeing a TRD Avalon in 2007.

Maybe a GR Corolla sedan like the TCR Corolla would be the move for that Accord Euro/TSX type car.

Back