20mil cr Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter bah73
  • 20 comments
  • 3,058 views
Messages
37
Messages
bah73
I do not understand the concept of having these car priced so unreasonably high. I never notice this back in the old PS1 and 2 days, the first time I remeber this is on Test Drive Unlimited where a Ferarri GT250 I think was exceptionally more expensive than the rest of the cars so I thought I must have it and ground the best paying track till my eyes bleed, brought it and was devistated to find it was just an average performance car. Then I saw the same thing again in Forza 3 and now in GT5. And I still just don't get it. I can never see myself saving that much money cause there are so many other cars I want. Plus to save 20mil the fast way I would have to race a 100000cr race 200 times and that is to get just one of them. And that is just not how I play racing games. Anyone else think that same?
 
I think its historical value, same reason the Enzo is 1,000,000 cr. Also the fact theres maybe 5 in existance.
 
Yes historical value would be a factor but the market value today of a 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 is around $500,000. I guess what I'm trying to say is they most likely put these rediculous price tags on these types of car to keep them rare online maybe? And rare they will be because after you buy one and realize they are so not worth the price tag you never do it again.
 
Plus i don't think they can be won anywhere or Birthday gifted .. So if you want them you will buy them to use or fill out your garage . But you feel like for some of them, you are riding on an Elephant with roller skates on when you drive them.
 
I agree that they're not worth the amount of money they cost, but they are 'ultimate cars'. They're meant to be the pinnacle of motoring, not just another car for the riff-raff :)

But they can (and shouldn't) be birthday gifted, and you win the Jaguar XJ13 from the Indy 500 endurance race.

As to their performance, the jaguar at least is surprisingly fast and handles very well. Not worth the asking price, but you've still gotta have one :)
 
Yes historical value would be a factor but the market value today of a 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 is around $500,000. I guess what I'm trying to say is they most likely put these rediculous price tags on these types of car to keep them rare online maybe? And rare they will be because after you buy one and realize they are so not worth the price tag you never do it again.

Just so you know that is not an ordinary Miura it is the Prototype of which only 2 were built and to the best of my knowledge only one still exists owned by Mariot and I doubt he would be willing to sell it for a mere $500k if at all.


The 69 GT40 race car is also a prize car
 
I want the old Ferrari...but I won't pay 20mil for it...so I'll just have to admire it from a distance lol
 
Yeah, these cars are expensive, but like the above posts mentions, it's the historical value and significance of them that is reflected in the price tag.

My problem is that these cars cost the maximum amount of money you can have, and there is limited use for them in the game.

You save up to buy them (or glitch, swap, duplicate - if you are that way inclined) and then how much use are they in progressing you in the game, not much.

You end up with 0 credits and a car that looks and sounds great, extremely nostalgic but is some what of a lame duck as you there's no events that you can enter these into that will give you a return on what you spent.

If the historic races paid out more and were easier to win with these cars then it'd be alot better, or if the maximum amount of credits you can have was raised, so you are not left with absolutely nothing.

Ok, as in real life, you can save up and buy these and view them as being the pinnacle of your collection, but this is a driving game and a game based on progression. I think it's a shame that we have events like the seasonal events, where you have to buy some cars you wouldn't necessarily would want to own and drive normally, but get a reasonable amount of return for the cost involved and then we have these 'dream cars' that are the opposite.
 
After completing the Historic Series in the 330 P4 I was wondering what use I would have for that. Using the Extreme Euro Rome race I was able to put it to good use (engine reverted to "stock") to do some money grinding. I did a similar thing when I won the XJ13 at Indy. Also used the little historic Alfa there (another prize car in B spec I think). At least I can avoid the Euro classics from gathering dust and enjoy some driving on a circuit I know well now and get some money!

At least with Forza I was able to complete my collection (all cars other than the latest download pack which I have yet to purchase) as I was able to buy some from the Auction House at reduced price.
 
Highlandor exactly right, Like I said I have only ever brought one of these cars once then had extreame buyers remorse [thinking about all the other cars I could have got instead] because it was nothing special and in no way could it make my money back with it. GT5 has a few glitches in it that make it easier to obtain these cars but the other games didnt and I would dare say GT6 wont. Dont get me wrong I like the cars especially the old Ferarris,the Lambo Muri and the GT40 but thats 60mil worth of cars right there or something like 6000 plus laps around Indie [and we are lucky GT5 has this race for easy cash, Forza 3 has no quick race for easy cash like this]. Im just saying that I dont like the trend of the new car games bringing out these high prices and wish they would drop them but I dont think its going to happen.
 
The Ferrari 250 GTO in TDU was so expensive because it's way better than anything in class G. And some races require only class G cars so the win is extremely easy.
 
Bradford, cool you might be right been years since I played it. But buy the time you can afford the Ferrari you are well past doing any class G events, well for me anyway.
 
The Ferrari 250 GTO .

I have to admit, if one of these, or the original LWB California or Aston Martin DB4 Zagato (in British Racing Green) were in this game, I'd buy them!!

These really are dream cars for me.
 
@OP

It's for the car's historical value, specialty, production amount, & significance. Take the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car for example. According to Wikipedia, rhe car was intended to enter in the 24 Hours of Le Mans at the mid-1960s. However, it never raced, & only one was ever produced, making it have an expensive historical value to this day. A $11 million bid was placed on the car, but the owners declined.
According to GT5's description of the car, It said that the car was severely damaged from a promotional video for the E Type. The car's being restored since then, and the reason for the car never being on the racetrack is because Jaguar wanted the car's V12 engine a secret & that they didn't actually wanted to see it race. So the project was canceled. The car was said to be one of the most beautiful Jaguar has ever made in history, sadly.
 
Bearing in mind, how long it took to make this game, I think you will have plenty of time to grind away, or have fun doing other races to get the cash. You'll have plenty of time to get the cars you want by the time GT6 comes out in 2015 or so. Or maybe 2020. Who knows.
 
100% agree. I see the point that in reality these cars are rare and would fetch high $'s at a real life auciton etc., but GT5 is not reality. The only way to get these cars is to sit down and race the Am Champ on Indy to get 117k for a few minutes work, and do it over and over and over until you are a broken shell of a person.

So here's the breakdown of the pain.

If I recall, with the Vette ZR1 on the Am Champ at Indy, the race takes about 3.5 minutes.

To reach 20 million that it takes to buy some of these cars in question, you need to win the 117k race reward a total of 170 times.

170 a 3.5 mins a pop = 600 minutes
600 minutes = 10 hours of the same thing over and over.

SENSELESS DESIGN. Do they need to cost the same as a Hyundai Tiburon? No. Should they cost 20m? Also negatory.
 
I agree that they're not worth the amount of money they cost, but they are 'ultimate cars'. They're meant to be the pinnacle of motoring, not just another car for the riff-raff :)

But they can (and shouldn't) be birthday gifted, and you win the Jaguar XJ13 from the Indy 500 endurance race.

As to their performance, the jaguar at least is surprisingly fast and handles very well. Not worth the asking price, but you've still gotta have one :)

yep!:)
 
I believe it makes them more rare for online play. Instead of everyone having the same Jag the race may be between a Jag, the old Ferrari, Lambo Miura, and the old Ford. It kind of makes them a little more exclusive. Imo . But it sucks cause I want to own them all!
 
170 a 3.5 mins a pop = 600 minutes
600 minutes = 10 hours of the same thing over and over.

SENSELESS DESIGN. Do they need to cost the same as a Hyundai Tiburon? No. Should they cost 20m? Also negatory.
You do not have to do the same race over and over. There are lots of ways to earn money it just so happens that race is the fastest way to get it but if you don't like doing the same thing over and over run a variety of races and be patient.

You make it sound like this does not happen in any other game but that is not the case. IN GT4 I could not count how many times I ran the Capri Rally and sold the Rally Raid car to get money and oh btw it took longer using that method to get the same amount of cash as running Indy and was a much more complex drive.

In Forza you would have to grind at least 4 times as long in order to get one of thier 20 million credit cars. and that is if you go around in a boring circle for 10 minutes at a shot for less than 100k each 10 minutes

So what's the problem? If you don't want to save up for it then don't bother. The cars are cool but they are not the end all be all that will enable you to win every race.
 
HBR-Roadhog, You are right. I only used the Indie example because its the quickest and most common way. I personally hate doing that and wont therfore will never own a 20mil car. For example you would need to race a 20000cr race 1000 times so cant see it happening. And yes we are very lucky the GT series always put in a couple of easy money races you grind if you want a certain car asap sort of thing. Forza 3 was shocking for it, no easy money there that I could find. Also to put more perspective on it for 20 mil I can buy 50 corvettes [100000cr ea], 50 vipers [100000cr ea], 50 Gt40s [150000cr ea] and 50 RX7 [50000cr ea] 200 cars.
 
Back