Maserati's SUV - Leaked Frankfurt Photo

• Thread starter Robin
  • 51 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Leaked photo from the upcoming Frankfurt auto shows guide book.

I don't really know what to think with this one, it borders on looking quite cool but also slightly hideous :lol: Clearly its a jacked up Quattroporte with a Gran Turismo front nose. Apparently its specs are 450HP 4.7 litre V8 with eight-speed automatic transmission.

suva.jpg

Robin.

Last edited:
Alright alright, man you people are worse than a pack of piranhas. It kind of looks like a Porsche. Also, I just realized that Maserati and Porsche don't have have any connection (one is owned by Fiat, the other VW right?). That being said, my second note stands strong.:grumpy:

2 major notes:
-clearly based on the Porsche
-ridiculously ugly (even for a SUV)

-looks like a horribly photoshopped car with bits from the Ferrari California.

DON'T DENY THOSE LIGHTS AND THAT GRILLE ARE FROM THE CALIFORNIA.

--EDIT--

Maseratiderp. that is all.

Last edited:
Oh god, my eyes.:yuck:

Why does everyone seem to making ugly an SUV these days?

Last edited:
They're making the same mistake as Porsche: Take your good looking sportscar and blow it up to SUV size.

Kill it with fire.

Sier_Pinski
Why, Maserati? Why would any supercar-exclusive company ever damage their reputation by making SUVs?!

OH, LORD. :ill:

Because SUVs sell like bananas, the Maser SUV will be used to complete the Fiat-Chrysler SUV range as a top end model. From a business point of view, it's a pretty smart move.

I think my favourite part is that it's going to be built alongside the Grand Cherokee. In Detroit.

It's also starting to give me bad memories of this, the Chrysler TC by Maserati:

943B93A3B0F691713D938FE85C8CF4.jpg

Granted. Back then they combined the worst parts from both manufacturers. And the platform of the TC was based on a shortened truck platform. At least they started with the right kind of car this time. Hopefully they learned their lesson. Which...is that it's hard to sell a tarted-up LeBaron for 33,000 dollars.

And I agree on the wheels looking tiny. Wheels have to be huge on SUVs in order for them to look any good, and those aren't quite huge enough.

I think my favourite part is that it's going to be built alongside the Grand Cherokee. In Detroit.

Okay, thank you, that's all I needed to know. Now I'm definitely not interested.

And I'll laugh so hard if they use a Chrysler engine. But the design does look pretty neat.

I'll laugh so hard if they use a Chrysler engine? Ironically it's owned by Fiat who own Ferrari, Maserati, Dodge and Jeep so who's engine is it really?

A Multijet engine doesn't come from Chrysler just because they are owned by Fiat S.p.A. That's how I see it.

And I still can't imagine a Maserati with a HEMI.

A Multijet engine doesn't come from Chrysler just because they are owned by Fiat S.p.A. That's how I see it.

And I still can't imagine a Maserati with a HEMI.

Beat me to it. 👍
While it's not entirely a looker, alot of people had similar complaints with the Porsche Cayenne. The Cayenne has grown on me since it came out. I have to admit, Maserati's SUV isn't a total train wreck. There are some nice lines to it, I'll most likely never afford it so my opinion really doesnt matter.

That gaping mouth is even bigger and than the leaked photo, and I have never been a fan of the stunted-fish look.

Back