24 Heures du Mans Custom Race

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jonoholland29
JonoH29
I'm going to be doing a 24 Heures du Mans charity race next year for MacMillan as part of their Game Heros. I'm collecting the cars as I progress through the game and have made a list of the 20 (plus the 3 needed for the trophy) I intend to race with. I myself will be driving the R18 as it's my absolutely fave. I've selected some Group 1s, GT3 (to represent the GTEs) and some old Group Cs.

Does anybody have any comments or suggestions of what they would've / would not have included. I did think about the McLaren F1 and Merc CLK but felt the BMW M6 was a better fit (being the one Kaz drove) even though it was actually the M3 at Le Mans

24hLM GT7.png

Last edited:
That's quite a line-up you have there.

What's your general idea? You want cars all mixed up or something more similar to the real race?

If it's all mixed up then I say your current list is pretty good.

If you want something more grounded, maybe you could use cars from 2010-2012, since that way you can try to create a "real" Le Mans race. Maybe something like this:

LMP1 - Peugeot HDi FAP; Audi R18 TDi; Toyota TS030 - 2-3 of each one of them
GT3 - Aston Martin DBR; BMW M3, BMW Z4; Ferrari 458 - filling the grid, so you have a lot of different liveries

Can also do the same thing with the 2016 cars, since we have in the game 3 LMP1 cars from that year (Audi R18, Porsche 919, Toyota TS050 - all teams with 2 cars) and more GT3 cars to play with it: 458, Corvette, Ford GT, Porsche 911 and the Aston Martin Vantage).

You know, now that I'm looking at it, I think I might do a custom 2016 Le Mans race. :lol:

I wanted to get a good range of the games's Le Mans cars, but keep it close to the real race. Hence why I have Group 1s as the LMPs and GT3s as the GTEs. The group C's just add a little extra into the mix so I can have a max grid of 20 as it gets a bit lonely with 15... not that 5 extra cars makes it much busier and I didn't want any duplicates.

Before GT7 came out I was kinda hoping that the PS5 could handle more than 20 cars as I'd then add more cars from the 60s and 70s - but alas...

Last edited:
Back