24 Hour Endurance races

  • Thread starter Thread starter AutoRacer5
  • 24 comments
  • 1,523 views
Messages
29
Who here has done all three of the 24 hour Endurance races? I have, my signature offers my proof. All three with the same car.
 
Um.....................................................................................................................................................................


all i have to say is................................................................................


IN BEFORE THE CLOSE!
 
Master_Yoda
Um.....................................................................................................................................................................


all i have to say is................................................................................


IN BEFORE THE CLOSE!
Well, that was a helpful post. As far as I can see, he's asking a question that hasn't been asked before, unless you know better....
 
Nope, I B-Specced the Ring one but my B-Spec driver won't do the two LeSarth ones which is a pity. I don't haev time to do them myself, the 24hr races shouldn't have been put in without a mid race save feature, it's just not practical to expect everyone to have 24hrs or even 8 or 9 hours like thoes other endurance races and if I paused the game mid race it'd take me about 2 weeks which wouldn't be good for the PS2 or my bills when you consider for all 3 races that'd be almost 2 months wth the PS2 on.
 
this is a noobish question, but does the 24 hour races go into Day to Night to Day?
 
FranticFury
this is a noobish question, but does the 24 hour races go into Day to Night to Day?
No it doesn't. It's kinda boring, but what the heck :indiff: :dopey:
 
live4speed
...the 24hr races shouldn't have been put in without a mid race save feature...
This is something I hope we never see in GT. While I can appreciate its usefulness for the very long races I think it would destroy one of the best features of the GT series - that is that the only way to win a race is to win the whole race - a save feature would allow people to race perfect races (woops, spun out, reload race,... woops, didn't take that corner right, reload...). Hope it never happens.

Getting 100% in GT has always been a mammoth task and something that generally takes a certain level of fanatacism - GT4 has just taken it to another level.

BTW I have completed none of the 24 hour races in a-spec and doubt that I ever will. Even the 8-9 hour races would be pushing it, mostly because I think they get too monotonous. I am currently struggling to get through the FGT series - maybe when that is over I can think about devoting some time to the big enduros.
 
In a real 24hr race one driver does not do the whole race, they do 4 hours or thereabouts then pit and rest for 8 hours before going back on for another 4 hour stint, so going by your reasoning that the only way to do it is to do the whole race (which you'd be doing with a save feature) all the 24hr races should only require 8 hours of your driving. I'm not saying for every race, just the endurance races and ofcourse you'd need to pit to save, to get a perfect race would requre a save every lap whichwould mean a pit every lap which would mean you've lost.
 
daan
Well, that was a helpful post. As far as I can see, he's asking a question that hasn't been asked before, unless you know better....
Well sorry but i just felt like being a ass. Mabe i will get a award for being the biggest pain in the ass at the end of this year. :dopey:

And to be helpful. I have done all 3.
 
live4speed
...so going by your reasoning that the only way to do it is to do the whole race (which you'd be doing with a save feature)...
I think I have not explained myself clearly - doing the whole race in one attempt is what I was referring to - a save feature would mean that if you did not like a particular stint you could just go back to a save and start from there again - a very bad thing IMHO.

live4speed
...all the 24hr races should only require 8 hours of your driving...
IRL yes, in game no - if you want 100% a-spec completion you need to do all 24 hours whether it takes you 24 hours or 2 weeks is not really that important. It just depends how important that 100% is to you.

live4speed
I'm not saying for every race, just the endurance races and of course you'd need to pit to save, to get a perfect race would requre a save every lap whichwould mean a pit every lap which would mean you've lost.
Once it's there for the endurance races what is to stop it being there for every race? Needing to pit to save is an assumption - it could also be done while a race is paused but this is not really relevant to what I am talking about. Any in race saving would allow you to do a bit of the race then save, if the next bit of the race did not go your way just reload - bad, bad, bad.
 
Master_Yoda
Well sorry but i just felt like being a ass. Mabe i will get a award for being the biggest pain in the ass at the end of this year. :dopey:
That award is called BANNED and you won't have to wait until the end of the year; you'll only have to keep it up until we get sick of it... which won't take long.

I suggest you rethink your candidacy.
 
Duke
That award is called BANNED and you won't have to wait until the end of the year; you'll only have to keep it up until we get sick of it... which won't take long.

I suggest you rethink your candidacy.
Hey hey hey, i was just amking a joke.
 
I´ve done all three, and actually done Sarthe II twice. First time with the Mazda 787B (B-spec won by 0.45 sec! I was screaming the whole last lap!) and the second with the Sauber Mercedes C9. Sarthe I was done with the Bentley Speed 8, and the Nürburgring was a total overkill in the BMW M3 GTR racecar.
 
i have done all 3. its kind of easy b specing it. i used pseky 04 in la sarthe II, used sauber c9 in la sarthe I, and CLK in nurburing.
 
All done..... in B-spec :indiff:

don't have the time to do them myself, perhaps some day I will give it a try

a big 👍 to you guys who have done them all in a-spec :cheers:
 
I did all 3 races all A-spec, it took me 4 days to do each one.
 
AutoRacer5
Who here has done all three of the 24 hour Endurance races? I have, my signature offers my proof. All three with the same car.

Me. Sig.
 
I haven't done any of them. I've Figured out which car to use (Cadillac CIEN '02), but I don't know which tire tread is the best one for the race.
 
colton19911
I haven't done any of them. I've Figured out which car to use (Cadillac CIEN '02), but I don't know which tire tread is the best one for the race.
Good luck at La Sarthe with the Cien...

Maybe you should consider using a race car?
 
I have only done nurburging and lesartha#?,I did them both in B spec.with the r8 at le sartha(I think).But I dont remember what car I used in nurburging.I might consider doing nurburging in Aspec with a skyline or somthing.But first im going to the remaining le sartha:)
 
Moloch_horridus
I think I have not explained myself clearly - doing the whole race in one attempt is what I was referring to - a save feature would mean that if you did not like a particular stint you could just go back to a save and start from there again - a very bad thing IMHO.
And pausing the race over night is different to saving and switching off the PS2 and then back on and loading the day after how (other than the fact saving and switching off costs less money and makes less noise). Also re-loading from the last save point makes you run the of risk doing that same stint over and over and over again, sure, but take GTR for the PC for example, you can save as much as you want as often as you want, where you want, but I've never used the save to go back a few laps. I only save when I'm switching the game off. If you don't want to use the save, don't use it, but I'm not having my PS2 on for 2 weeks straight while I try to do a 24hr endurance race.


Moloch_horridus
IRL yes, in game no - if you want 100% a-spec completion you need to do all 24 hours whether it takes you 24 hours or 2 weeks is not really that important. It just depends how important that 100% is to you.
And pausing the race over night is different to saving and switching off the PS2 and then back on and loading the day after how (other than the fact saving and switching off costs less money and makes less noise).


Moloch_horridus
Once it's there for the endurance races what is to stop it being there for every race? Needing to pit to save is an assumption - it could also be done while a race is paused but this is not really relevant to what I am talking about. Any in race saving would allow you to do a bit of the race then save, if the next bit of the race did not go your way just reload - bad, bad, bad.
Not if you had to pit in to save, then you'd only save as and when you'd normally pit in. And doing it normal shorter races is pointless because they're too short, also the developers can decide when where an how you'd use a mid race save feature. If you didn't want to use it, you don't have to, but it's better if it's there for people that simply don't have the time.
 
Well, I was planning to use the PD Formula Gran Turismo That I'll win from the Nurburgring 24 hour race on both Circuit De La Sarthe endurance waces after I buy a few upgrades with the prize credits.
 
You can't upgrade the Formula GT car, it comes as it is and it stays that way. You can only alret the settings. I'd think a GT car will be better for the LeMans races since you can put harder tyres on them so you'll do a lot less pitting in, the FGT uses medium racing tyres only.
 
Back